I never saw the point of LEGO's BrickHeadz line.  They're block-y and all seemed to look alike.  All the same, when I stumbled across Belle on sale, I'd bought multiples of her for parts.

Then Rebrick announced the BrickHeadz Selfie contest and I thought I'd see what I could do.  My first go ended pretty quickly and in failure, which doubled my conviction BrickHeadz really aren't my thing.  A few days later, I perused the variety of entries.  The successful selfies were uniquely dressed, had a strong theme, and were well photographed.  

I brain-stormed what I might create as I rummaged my brick.  The rules stated the selfie didn't have to look exactly like the builder.  I took that to mean I could imagine myself as anyone as long as I was truthful about my goals, world view and personal aspirations.  After I constructed the butterfly companion for my selfie and ensured it could "fly" without seeing the support structure, my second attempt  went well enough that I entered her in the Rebrick contest.

Here's my Lepidopterist (butterfly scientist) BrickHeadz Selfie :classic:

Medium.jpg

I can't believe how much I love her.  She's the cutest thing I've ever made from LEGO, and I've been carrying her around all day.  Indeed, she's my alter ego, at least for the time being.  Thank goodness I gave myself a second chance and never gave up.

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly

5 hours ago, beverly888 said:

I never saw the point of LEGO's BrickHeadz line.  They're block-y and all seemed to look alike.  All the same, when I stumbled across Belle on sale, I'd bought multiples of her for parts.

Very nice build. Much more active than most BrickHeadz.

I didn't like the BrickHeadz either. My local LUG decided to do BrickHeadz for the building challenge this month. Unlike you I haven't bought any of them. My wife said I should get the Go Brick Me set. When I mentioned how Aquaman's prints would be good for my idea she said I should buy that. I decided to stick to not buying anything. I will admit the designs have grown on me after building one. When I get a chance I'll post my build up.

2 hours ago, dulsi said:

Very nice build. Much more active than most BrickHeadz.

I didn't like the BrickHeadz either. My local LUG decided to do BrickHeadz for the building challenge this month. Unlike you I haven't bought any of them. My wife said I should get the Go Brick Me set. When I mentioned how Aquaman's prints would be good for my idea she said I should buy that. I decided to stick to not buying anything. I will admit the designs have grown on me after building one. When I get a chance I'll post my build up.

Thanks, dulsi.  When I first imagined her, I thought of making her in a running stance, but realized she'd fall over with her legs positioned like that.  Looking forward to seeing your build.

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly

On 19/04/2018 at 9:33 PM, beverly888 said:

Here's my Lepidopterist (butterfly scientist) BrickHeadz Selfie

Wow that’s really cool. Funny because I literally just liked this on rebrick :laugh:

Excellent creations so far, those two are beautiful and exquisite!

I decided to make a Brickheadz version of what is without question or debate the second most widely beloved Collectable Minifigure of all time (ok a bit of sarcasm there with that description :tongue:):

40740083805_251783f12e_c.jpg

I'm just trying to figure out what's licensed about this thread.

That said, there are some nice builds in here.  Well done, people.

On 23/04/2018 at 12:44 PM, x105Black said:

I'm just trying to figure out what's licensed about this thread.

That said, there are some nice builds in here.  Well done, people.

Yeah suppose this was the wrong place I just saw the Brickheadz thread and so put this thread in licensed. Thanks :). 

On 22/04/2018 at 10:08 PM, koalayummies said:

I decided to make a Brickheadz version of what is without question or debate the second most widely beloved Collectable Minifigure of all time (ok a bit of sarcasm there with that description :tongue:):

Thanks! Wow I love the hat. Super impressive :classic:

Edited by Lego-fire

On 4/22/2018 at 5:36 AM, Lego-fire said:

Wow that’s really cool. Funny because I literally just liked this on rebrick :laugh:

Thanks, Lego-fire!

On 4/22/2018 at 3:08 PM, koalayummies said:

40740083805_251783f12e_c.jpg

Now, isn't he the cutest!  Love the smile, hat, buttons and shield.

Mer-Man from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe as a BrickHeadz.

1524830427m_SPLASH.jpg

I ended up quickly putting together a BrickHeadz for the ultimate version of Lavaria from Nexo Knights. I don't have a picture of that one yet.

8 minutes ago, dulsi said:

Mer-Man from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe as a BrickHeadz.

That looks great.  You have captured him perfectly.

Continuing with translating minifigures into Brickheadz (because I'm just not that Brickgenic) had to do a favorite; Misako!!!!

CMF Misako:

27067732257_de116f19de_c.jpg

And movie/Ninjago City Misako:

27067732287_94bff80b64_c.jpg