Klaus-Dieter

Most Wanted Star Wars Creature

Even if it's slightly relevant info, these huge bumps arenreally getting annoying. But I'll go with he mob since I do want a rancor.

Agreed on both the bumping and the Rancor :laugh:

Seriously though, IMHO, we should make stricter rules on bumping.

I'd like to see any of the Geonosian arena creatures.

Add me to that club

Even if it's slightly relevant info, these huge bumps arenreally getting annoying. But I'll go with he mob since I do want a rancor.

Agreed on both the bumping and the Rancor :laugh:

Seriously though, IMHO, we should make stricter rules on bumping.

Considering that most of the the posts prior to the (2 year) bump said taun-taun (which we now have) they are irrelevant to any discussion from here on, therefore we essentially have a new thread added on to the end of an old one... (which is worse, yet another "what do you want/prefer" question topic (that has been asked before) or BUMP?)

It seems the favourite is rancor (very unlikely due to scale) so maybe it should be the next UCS? (Is it even possible to build...)

Add me to that club

Considering that most of the the posts prior to the (2 year) bump said taun-taun (which we now have) they are irrelevant to any discussion from here on, therefore we essentially have a new thread added on to the end of an old one... (which is worse, yet another "what do you want/prefer" question topic (that has been asked before) or BUMP?)

It seems the favourite is rancor (very unlikely due to scale) so maybe it should be the next UCS? (Is it even possible to build...)

How about neither? :tongue: Anyone from TLG reading the rumors thread would know we want a rancor and Arena beasts, and if I were him I'd be annoyed whether it were a new topic or a bump. But you make a good pointt.

I think we'll get a Rancor whenever they get to the 30th ROTJ sets, and it will be similar in size to the Wampa. I know that's not "scale" but it suits lego's needs. It could be similar to the Wampa Cave set: Luke, Skelleton, Rancor, either a trainer or the pig guard, with a door to crush the Rancor and a trap door for Luke to fall into.

I reckon that a Rancor is very likely if we get a Jabba's palace set next year- they would have to add something new, and a rancor pit/ trap door would be a great play feature.

Personally i'd love a Bantha- would be great to photo :thumbup: ... Though unfortunatly I think its unlikely to happen.

I think we'll get a Rancor whenever they get to the 30th ROTJ sets, and it will be similar in size to the Wampa. I know that's not "scale" but it suits lego's needs. It could be similar to the Wampa Cave set: Luke, Skelleton, Rancor, either a trainer or the pig guard, with a door to crush the Rancor and a trap door for Luke to fall into.

I think the new grating piece from Kingdoms would be good for the door of the Rancor pit.

I think the new grating piece from Kingdoms would be good for the door of the Rancor pit.

It's a portcullis, and I'm pretty sure it's too small, unless TLG is miniturizing the rancor like they did for the Game Boy version of LSWII

I'm sure we'll see a Rancor sometime, (most likely ROTJ anniversary) though if it comes in a set, I'd rather prefer an Oola with it than a Luke. :thumbup::sweet:

I'm sure we'll see a Rancor sometime, (most likely ROTJ anniversary) though if it comes in a set, I'd rather prefer an Oola with it than a Luke. :thumbup::sweet:

That'd be nice, and TLG already has the mold. I guess both would be necessary for a Rancor-centered set, but would TLG add a character that just gets eaten?

"Includes Oola minifigure, feed the Rancor an appetizer! Rancor features moving jaws and hollow stomach to digest Oola!"

That'd be nice, and TLG already has the mold. I guess both would be necessary for a Rancor-centered set, but would TLG add a character that just gets eaten?

"Includes Oola minifigure, feed the Rancor an appetizer! Rancor features moving jaws and hollow stomach to digest Oola!"

`Well knowing TLG they would have both luke and Oola *Cough* Maces *Cough* JSF

And the idiot Gammorean that gets eaten :)

Hands down Rancor should be the one; It's sad that they haven't made the most Iconic Star Wars creature of all.

A Rancor set would need the keeper as well!

Perhaps TLG could make the Rancor in this scale:

8962-1.jpg?2

With a molded head and various more "standard" parts for the body, obviously more bulked up than the Crystal King. I'm not saying that it would look good, but it is an option. It's not big enough, but at least it would be bigger than a body mold Wampa-style.

A Rancor set would need the keeper as well!

Perhaps TLG could make the Rancor in this scale:

'snip'

With a molded head and various more "standard" parts for the body, obviously more bulked up than the Crystal King. I'm not saying that it would look good, but it is an option. It's not big enough, but at least it would be bigger than a body mold Wampa-style.

I think that's a good idea, a brick-built rancour would be more interesting than a smaller moulded version.

Although, I think people are expecting/hoping for a Jabba's Palace playset which probably wouldn't include something this big :sad:

Put in a vote for a brick-built Bantha, as they are much more iconic than the Rancor in my opinion. The Rancor is a pretty generic monster.