Sign in to follow this  
Agent Kallus

[COR-FB1] Embarking on towards Adventure.

The Tale of Doctor Alfredson of Corrington: Chapter 1

Arlof upon Sea was a small Corrish town, one its main landmarks was it's prestigious university, It was not the most renown university in Corrington but it was fairly decent, if university league tables existed it would probably be quite near the top, or at least that what the board of directors would have you believe. The board of directors had thought that Arlof University needed something to to put it on the map ,as the saying goes, so when one of their doctors of ecology suggested going on a journey to New World, they fully supported him, hoping that it would bring fame and praise to their humble establishment. Alfredson however had plans of his own that he had to chosen not to divulge to the board of directors. 

Doctor Ragnar Alfredson stood out on the Arlof docks quietly waiting for his contact.

40493921765_88b6a4aef5.jpg

The silk trader arrived right on que, Ragnar had been waiting for about twenty minutes before he arrived but this was due Ragnar's promptness rather than any tardiness on the part of the captain. 

"So, is there space for me on the Autumn Blossom?, I hear you're headed to the new world and me and  my apprentice have the very same destination in mind."

"Yes, we will be docking in Cocovia, but if you want more stops along the way then I'm sure you could afford them."

26518448907_f324a22371.jpg

"Do you have the payment?"

Ragnar nodded and handed the captain a sack.

"As discussed."

It was lighter than the captain had been expecting, too light to be Doubloons at any rate ,but it bore the correct seal and seemed to be the package his superiors were expecting, they had not told him what the pack would be and he had naively assumed it would be mere coin.

"The ship will be waiting out in ocean," He gestured to a small rowing boat, "you can use our rowboat to get across, oh and since you'll be the on voyage with me I'd like you to address me as Captain Yiroe"

Ragnar nodded again in agreement as Yiroe left the dock house.

40493988865_f88172b78d.jpg

He then went about making the proper preparations and found his apprentice Calder Norrington to help carry the equipment. They worked together to load up the rowboat and ended up having to make multiple journeys out to the Autumn Blossom.

39580095350_f86552c6c0.jpg

Ragnar was lucky that his fiancée Alice Elieasdottir was not as forgetful as he. She met him outside the dock house and brought him his compass, an essential tool which he had neglected to remember.

"Aha, I knew I had missed something, thank you dear."

"You're welcome, but I'm afraid that's not all you forgot..."

"Oh"

"You were going to tell your colleagues where to wish farewell from."

"Yes of course, how about here?"

"Sounds good to me." 

Ragnar looked down at his compass, musing.

"Would it be better to call compasses space clocks or to call clocks time compasses?"  

"What? Oh I guess the time compasses sounds better."

"I think it fits better if the naming system is uniform, yeah, time compass does sound better."

Ragnar nodded. After they were informed, they came to wish farewell to Calder and Ragnar.

40493918955_f833ce0631.jpg

( from left to right :Alice Elieasdottir, Argus Wyld Professor of Archaeology,William Jayek head of the board of directors and chemist, Keith Marcoson Doctor of Botany, Magnus Pertwee Professor of Physics , Gwenive Dorn Professor of Military History  and Angus Keltch Student of Economics.)

26518468637_1f9279dd4c.jpg

As the others waved gentle Keith sound out asking for a souvenir, The little rowboat pulled back past the crowd as Calder and Ragnar neared the Autumns Blossom.

"I mean both of you get me one!"

"So you only want one but from the both of us."

Ragnar teased Keith but all were in good spirits as the boat  slowly drew out of sight.

OOC: This is the first part of Doctor Alfredson's story I hope you all like it. C and C are welcome. (This is my first, introductory freebuild I hope I did it right :pir-classic: )

Spoiler

Edited by Agent Kallus
proof reading

A very nice build indeed! I like what you have done with the pictures (angles, light, focus), as it supports the story well. I can only second the notion of looking forward to the next chapter of your story - a great start! :thumbup:

A very promising start! Secret plans, mysterious payments, I definitely look forward to seeing where your story will go!

The build is also very nice, you have done a good job adding details to what could be a fairly standard build. I particularly like the roof with its different sections, despite the small scale of the house.

Welcome to BoBS and to Corrington!

Nice Build Kallas, can't wait to see where your story goes. :classic:

I can only echo what others have said - excellent story, with mysteries, background about his place of origin, and some funny little character quirks like the compass thing. :pir-grin:

Nice little build too - I particularly like the roof and the integration of the prefab door piece.

I can suggest another background for you photos - I have bought a cheap roller blind, which does the job very well, as it doesn't wrinkle and presents a uniform background.

Once more, welcome to BoBs and Corrington! May you live long and prosper. :pir-grin:

Thank you for the kind words, I hope my story will meet your expectations :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

I can suggest another background for you photos - I have bought a cheap roller blind, which does the job very well, as it doesn't wrinkle and presents a uniform background.

Cheers for the advice, I'll consider it going forward.:thumbup: