Ellisss_2

[MOC] UCS Venator-Class Star Destroyer Instructions

Hello!

-The professional booklet is a HD PDF file with 298 Pages and includes the parts list for Bricklink. 

-The model is composed of 2849 pieces and measures 80cm x 41cm x 23cm.

-The price of the instruction is: 17.50 GBP/20 EUR/25 DOLLARS, to purchase them, please email me:  brickforcetoys@gmail.com

Finished Venator Instructions!

UCS Venator-Class Star DestroyerUCS Venator-Class Star Destroyer Engines

Edited by Ellisss_2

1 hour ago, jakbar said:

Looks really amazing, especially the command center and the detailed sides.

Thank you very much for your kind words!

I wish I had the space (or the money) for this beauty. 

and I'm not gonna lie, when I saw "Venator Instructions" I had thought for a split second that it was KrisandKris12's one. Maybe next time.

Anyway, looks great! all the proportions look right.

9 hours ago, Iperial_Fleet_Commander said:

I wish I had the space (or the money) for this beauty. 

and I'm not gonna lie, when I saw "Venator Instructions" I had thought for a split second that it was KrisandKris12's one. Maybe next time.

Anyway, looks great! all the proportions look right.

Thank you, so much I am glad the proportions look right!

3 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

Hurrah! - my day has been made - email on its way to you Ellis - fantastic job!

Awesome I’m glad, I have sent you over a response!

2 hours ago, RogueRecon said:

How much are the parts to bricklink? I’m liking the look of this thing 

Thank you, the parts should be around $300.

Kind regards, Ellis.

looks fantastic, and at  under 3k pieces should be somewhat affordable, what puts me off some of these larger MOCs is they are often over 5k in pieced. I think I shall be purchasing the instructions at some point and slowly building up the parts needed for this. Always wanted a Lego Venator

Awesome work.

Edited by chris592

5 hours ago, thire5 said:

Hi there :grin:,

the model is now published on Rebrickable, also with PART-LIST, check it out! 

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-14078/thire5/ucs-venator-class-star-destroyer/

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Davenocheese said:

Great job, it looks fantastic. Parts added to my wanted list. 

Thank you, hope you get those parts one day!

1 hour ago, chris592 said:

looks fantastic, and at  under 3k pieces should be somewhat affordable, what puts me off some of these larger MOCs is they are often over 5k in pieced. I think I shall be purchasing the instructions at some point and slowly building up the parts needed for this. Always wanted a Lego Venator

Awesome work.

Yes, the model is quite affordable in comparison to other large "UCS" models. I would be most pleased if you purchased the instructions it helps us out greatly! 

Kind regards, Ellis.

Would you be able to post some rear pictures ?
The parts of the venator I like most are the engines, would be great to have a quick look before buying the instructions.

Just now, AfolFree said:

Thanks.
This definitely joined my wanted list :)

Awesome, I'm glad to hear it! :)

13 hours ago, RogueRecon said:

How much are the parts to bricklink? I’m liking the look of this thing 

I imported the part list in BrickStore and set the prices for the Bricklink last 6 month average price and the total is $359.

Of course if you already have some part it can be useful. Also it's possible to exchange some parts to cheaper (big plates on the wings), or change colors inside the model, mostly the dark-bluish gray part from the interior.

2 hours ago, onecase said:

no offence but do you happen to know me or my work?

because amazingly they really look alike. very interesting.

Your work is amazing but your assumption is not corrent, they might look similar from distance, but they are not alike. Trust me, I spent last few months with this Venator, so I know every single detail of this model and from what I can see, there is not many similarities with your version. The ONLY thing which looks almost the same is the DARK-RED middle part. And perhaps the usage of few specific bricks like the wrenches or wedge plate 2x4 on the wings but those are just the best parts to use on Venators, see my old version

Apart from that, I see that your picture of Venator was uploaded 2 Feb 2018, we work on this Venator together since the May of last year! I can't flind the Eliss's WIP topic here on Eurobricks right now, but here you have some flickr photo from October last year.

Regards, Martin

Edited by thire5

1 hour ago, thire5 said:

Your work is amazing but your assumption is not corrent, they might look similar from distance, but they are not alike. Trust me, I spent last few months with this Venator, so I know every single detail of this model and from what I can see, there is not many similarities with your version. The ONLY thing which looks almost the same is the DARK-RED middle part. And perhaps the usage of few specific bricks like the wrenches or wedge plate 2x4 on the wings but those are just the best parts to use on Venators, see my old version

Apart from that, I see that your picture of Venator was uploaded 2 Feb 2018, we work on this Venator together since the May of last year! I can't flind the Eliss's WIP topic here on Eurobricks right now, but here you have some flickr photo from October last year.

Regards, Martin

My venator was also created September last year. just posted on flickr recently. you can check my Instagram account. 

but I see your point. I wasn't suspicious about Elliss's work. It was just curiosity. 

Anyway thank you for the comment. The work looks amazing.

4 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Ah man I love Venators. It’s criminal that Lego haven’t released a UCS Venator yet ):

It is indeed, we are all owed one they should listen to their community! I was thinking of publishing it to Lego Ideas but reading through the rules they don't accept builds involving already licensed products, seems rather ridiculous to me.

2 hours ago, onecase said:

My venator was also created September last year. just posted on flickr recently. you can check my Instagram account. 

but I see your point. I wasn't suspicious about Elliss's work. It was just curiosity. 

Thank you, no I was not aware of your Venator, but I was aware of your beautiful SSD! As Thire5 was saying, I have worked on this project for a long time with it being my first I learnt lots along the way! In fact, if I find the oldest thread I started the build over 2 years ago now as I uploaded it to Eurobricks on the 12th March!

Kind regards, Ellis.

2 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

It is indeed, we are all owed one they should listen to their community! I was thinking of publishing it to Lego Ideas but reading through the rules they don't accept builds involving already licensed products, seems rather ridiculous to me.

Thank you, no I was not aware of your Venator, but I was aware of your beautiful SSD! As Thire5 was saying, I have worked on this project for a long time with it being my first I learnt lots along the way! In fact, if I find the oldest thread I started the build over 2 years ago now as I uploaded it to Eurobricks on the 12th March!

Kind regards, Ellis.

very cool. keep up the great work!

On 13/04/2018 at 9:21 AM, onecase said:

Cool, I just wanted to avoid misunderstanding :wink:. I will check it, I'm already following your flickr!

I bought the instructions yesterday and spent some time reading it, they are perfectly clear and the techniques used are smart and straight-forward.
Definitely recommend it, I especially like the fact that you were able to avoid using magnets for the bottom plates.

Nice one, very appealing and comely affordable. 

I have a small question, is there any kind of interior or opening panels that could be used to access the inside ?