For the "Fast car competition" organized by BuWizz, I have done that:

26490268847_891bf2681a_b.jpg

For this contest, you have to make a vehicle with suspensions, and do a video showing it doing at least one jump.

40466428165_6293c3c99f_b.jpg

Of course, the MOC must be powered by a BuWizz!

41361890041_afd475fc22_b.jpg

For the steering, there is a servomotor. The driving is done by two L motors, with a 1:1.8 ratio. So the buggy has a correct speed, and enough torque to be driven on dirt, sand...

39552018640_6e4da90fc2_b.jpg

It is fully suspended. The front is an ordinary system. But for the rear, I couldn't do independant suspensions (not enough compact) or a suspended axle (because as the motors are in the chassis, when you accelerate the axle tilts). So I done an "amost suspended axle". The liftarms thin 5L have an effect of anti roll-bar.

39552048450_1621a84d83_b.jpg

I have tried to do a light design. Thus, the MOC weighs 460 grams.

41318139192_93091490f1_b.jpg

Edited by Anto

Looks like great fun!
However, I must say it - poor gears in the drivetrain. :cry_sad:
Is this setup built in this way because of torque-protection of the U-joint?

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Lovely build and scale!

Good luck in the competition!

Next time: take pictures before racing outdoor ;) your servo looks pretty banged up.. a good sign in my mind but not great for pictures :)

Those slow-mo shots... :wub: Great little buggy, it's very fast, looks like a lot of fun! :thumbup: However, man, I feel sorry for those 8-tooth gears... They are pretty battered. Good luck!

Awesome! T looks super fun! The only problem I have when I use a fast RC vehicle is the parts being beat up and dragged across the ground at high speed. Two of my buggy motors have scratches on the bottom from that. 

I do admire the simplicity and efectiveness - at least on video it seems quite stable and it does not fall apart easily.

Excellent work!

Annnnndddddd we have a winner!! lol

This is perfect - I'm sure just the vehicle Buwizz was describing in the contest. My favorite jump was at the 0.30 mark. Well done! :wub:

Thanks all for the comments! :classic:

18 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

However, I must say it - poor gears in the drivetrain. :cry_sad:
Is this setup built in this way because of torque-protection of the U-joint?

Yes, I know... The problem is that I needed a gear ratio I can't get with less gears (except the three 8t): 20t/12t is too slow, and 24t/8t or 36t/8t is too high. So I done that, and with the position of the motors (to have something compact) I couldn't do better. It's not to protect the U-joint, it can bear more torque.

18 hours ago, Marxpek said:

Next time: take pictures before racing outdoor ;) your servo looks pretty banged up.. a good sign in my mind but not great for pictures :)

In fact, the servomotor was not damaged because of this buggy, but because of my RC karting. :laugh:

I though I could remove the dirt from the tires, but it's not so easy, and that is amplified on the pictures. I keep in mind your advice for the next time! :wink:

I have done a LDD file, you can download it on Rebrickable! --> https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-14071/Anto/fast-rc-buggy-powered-by-buwizz/

Super nice, I also really like the styling with the minimalistic use of red and the minimalism overall in the design. You did a lot with only a few pieces, I like that. I like how you used only three white pieces (except the wheels) but that works really well with the white rims.

You could have used 36t - 12t instead of the 24t - 8t you used now, but that would have required a wholly different chassis around it, probably losing more than you'd be gaining by it. Another option could have been 24t - 24t and then swapping the 12-20 to a 20-12 in some way. But then the U-joint would have run 3x slower and hence needed to process 3x more torque, so that wouldn't be good either. I think this is the best setup possible in the limited space. And if it works, it works :classic:

Those scratches add character!  Thanks for sharing.  It looks like you had a lot of fun making this.  Good luck with the competition.  

Hi @Anto

Great work, really! 
Finally, I build the buggy yesterday and it's looks amazing and it's fast as hell! :) But...there is one, a really big problem. Please, check the attached file.
When the buggy has few collisions, for example with wall, or I'm speeding up and immediately go back, then real axle is disconnected from rest of the car.

Did you have the same issue? 

IMG_6182.jpg

Edited by michald69

I had the same issue after crashs, but that was not a problem at all when I drove it (even forward/backward) :sceptic:

When I have some free time, I see if I can upgrade the axle to prevent it from disconnecting from the rest of the chassis. :classic:

@Permo : haha :laugh: