Sign in to follow this  
yanwilma

English 3th rate Agamemnon minifig scale

40588961704_83e4d7642e_c.jpgagamemnon (7) by wouter de smedt, on Flickr

Hello everyone, this was my first real moc . The meaning was to make the first part of the ship because I don't have any parts, but when I started inspiration came and this is the result.  I took al lot of inspiration of this site, so I want to give a little bit back to mayby inspire others.Comment and critic always welcome. 

Edited by yanwilma

Beautiful, could You please post some more details? It looks really amazing and I'd love to see some more

What an impressive introduction. The sheer scale is impressive, and you did a great job making it accurate. 

I noticed your Flickr page has a lot more pictures. You should consider posting them or making a note that there are more pictures on your Flickr. 

Absolutely astonishing! It looks like it came right out of a Dorling Kindersley book!

I agree with Captain Genaro. Those pictures on your Flickr are worth sharing.

Excellent job!

MAC

Ok. This is huge. *huh*

Great build and nice use of colors in your ship. :thumbup:

And a lot of ropes in your ship.

Thanks for sharing. :classic:

Wow ! What an Huge vessel !

Excellent job all around, many things to look at and details ! Great ship !

The rigging is greatly done and should has been a pain to do... But it worth it ! Congrats !

Welcome in Eurobricks ! Thank you for sharing this beauty ! 

Edited by Faladrin

That is one massive and beautiful ship! I second every single compliment given and then some!

My favourite part must be the angled transom WHICH CAN BE OPENED:wub::wub: to have a full view of the stern's interior without removing the top decks! I don't know if that last part is your invention or if you copied it but I'm gonna copy it from you if you don't mind because that is just brilliant!

only thing I liked less is the color use of the bow and the grey deck on top of it but I can imagine those where the bricks you wanted to wait on and couldn't because of the inspiration-filled building sprees(I have those some times too and then you have to break down half the moc to replace 40 elements or less and you don't want to bother yet until you have it all sorted out) and I feel your figurehead looks a bit "simple" as opposed to the barrage of beautiful details in the rest of the ship..

overall a great first real MOC I should say

On 11-4-2018 at 2:01 PM, Ravelino said:

That is one massive and beautiful ship! I second every single compliment given and then some!

My favourite part must be the angled transom WHICH CAN BE OPENED:wub::wub: to have a full view of the stern's interior without removing the top decks! I don't know if that last part is your invention or if you copied it but I'm gonna copy it from you if you don't mind because that is just brilliant!

only thing I liked less is the color use of the bow and the grey deck on top of it but I can imagine those where the bricks you wanted to wait on and couldn't because of the inspiration-filled building sprees(I have those some times too and then you have to break down half the moc to replace 40 elements or less and you don't want to bother yet until you have it all sorted out) and I feel your figurehead looks a bit "simple" as opposed to the barrage of beautiful details in the rest of the ship..

overall a great first real MOC I should say

Thx for your comment.

Off course you can coppy what you want, because that is the reason why I post this on this site.   You have been wright about the collor of the grey deck, the problem is when you almost finish you see some faults and rebuilt again ... and rebuilt ..... :sweet:  . When I start riging I saw other faults like the mast are to thick , the shape of the bow is not good enough , but I start riging because otherwise it wil never finished and I have to learn a lot about riging aswell .

I posted this ship before I brick it off and restart again with another vessel . 

Wow, your first MOC? It looks like a professional build. Very nice, well thought of. The rigging fits, the tops look great and the interiors are very smooth. I'm really surprised this is a first for you. Well done.

Such a fine ship.  Is it based on a real vessel?  How do you plan a build like this?

On 6/9/2018 at 6:55 PM, icm said:

Such a fine ship.  Is it based on a real vessel?  How do you plan a build like this?

thx it was based on the hms agamemnon,a english 3 rate vessel from arround 1800

the intention was to make a wooden model, I had done this once many years ago. but to see works by arjan oude kotte he is a real legoartist, and since I always built lego in my childhood, I chose to build it. it is quite easy to make, the decks are fairly flat and there is no woodwork such as on ships of the 17th century

books from, among other things, stephen bietsty's cross-section man of war or historische schiffmodelle from  w. zu mondfeld wil help you a lot

good luck and bricking

On 6/17/2018 at 6:40 AM, ArchitectureFan said:

Perfect! If you don't want the ship anymore I'll take it! :pir_laugh2:

:laugh: oops sorry too late! I only have the front section, the rest is already worked up in a different keel, but English is not my mother tongue and I do not always express myself well, I opted for a late 18th century model because it seemed 'easier' to build. now I have started an early 17th century model, which gives other challenge and it seems to me more difficult to build...:sceptic: