LvdH

Crowkillers' Constrictor supercar

Recommended Posts

Crowkillers has posted a brand new masterpiece. Nobody seems to have posted it here yet, so I thought I'd share it. 

4 Speed return to center shifting mechanism

4 wheel independent suspension

Hand of God and in car steering with Ackermann geometry

Locking door handles with spring assisted opening and closing doors

Rear wheel drive with V10 mid mounted engine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I had seen a picture of this on Facebook a few days ago, but I didn't know there was a video. Some slick stuff. Paul's models may not have the flash and get the attention that some of the other guys that build cars do, but man is his work clean.

Edited by Meatman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another solid build to add to his legendary rockstar collection!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fan of the mid v10 and of the gear box but not fan of the design.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Indeed a very intriguing supercar once again. Wheel archs seem a little big, but the gearbox and engine are fingerlicking good.

6 hours ago, Meatman said:

I had seen a picture of this on Facebook a few days ago, but I didn't know there was a video. Some slick stuff. Paul's models may not have the flash and get the attention that some of the other guys that build cars do, but man is his work clean.

Imo Paul's models breath the exact right balance between form and function. With in every model something intriguing under the hood. To me he is the godfather of Technic supercar building.

Edited by Didumos69

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2018 at 3:26 AM, Didumos69 said:

Indeed a very intriguing supercar once again. Wheel archs seem a little big, but the gearbox and engine are fingerlicking good.

Imo Paul's models breath the exact right balance between form and function. With in every model something intriguing under the hood. To me he is the godfather of Technic supercar building.

I would agree. His models look more how should we say "Lego-like" than most others where he seems to work within limitations. I don't know if this is a good thing or not, but I do like the clean look his cars have. I also recall him saying in a thread or two that he doesn't like when tires hit the wheel arches when the suspension is compressed and the wheels are steered which is why he makes them high. I get it, but this doesn't seem like something that anyone else really cares about. Heck, even the wheels hit the arches in the official 8070 supercar when compressed and steered.

Here is a whole slew of pics I found on bricksafe. https://bricksafe.com/pages/Crowkillers/constrictor-supercar

I must say, I really like the front end. That grill looks cool.

800x431.jpg

800x546.jpg

800x487.jpg

800x518.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Meatman
Old Pictures were deleted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This car is now up for auction at Ebay. Similar to Paul's previous auctions, 100% of the money goes to charity - this time it goes to Alice Cooper's Solid Rock charity. It includes an exclusive minifigure and a signed plate under the hood.

The Alice Cooper Supercar Charity Auction has begun https://www.ebay.com/itm/392022313671 Pics: https://bricksafe.com/pages/Crowkillers/constrictor-supercar Video:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LvdH said:

This car is now up for auction at Ebay. Similar to Paul's previous auctions, 100% of the money goes to charity - this time it goes to Alice Cooper's Solid Rock charity. It includes an exclusive minifigure and a signed plate under the hood.

 

 

 Cool! I just edited and replaced the old pictures in my previous post as apparently they had been deleted and updated. I love the song in that video, reminds me of the 80's :laugh:. I wonder how much money it will bring?

Edited by Meatman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Meatman said:

 Cool! I just edited and replaced the old pictures in my previous post as apparently, they had been deleted and updated. I love the song in that video, reminds me of the 80's :laugh:. I wonder how much money it will bring?

The Counts Customs Assassin X19 sold for $2350. I'd imagine this one sells for even more, given its much larger size and no available instructions at the moment. We'll see, it's already at $175.50 in less than a day. I am very curious myself as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.