Sign in to follow this  
ZlatanXVIGustaf

Old Mage's Tower

The old mage, or more commonly known as the crazy old man, lives in his leaning tower that is held up by the magic spells that he cast upon it, however in reality the credit goes to the treebranch that over the years has started to grow inside the house and even poking out the window. 

41233863832_4f2c7ae1e4_z.jpgOld Mage's Tower by jonatansvenning, on Flickr

40380879055_bfe47cdb9f_z.jpgOld mage by jonatansvenning, on Flickr

41233865272_85d86bd8ef_z.jpgTree by jonatansvenning, on Flickr

39467627420_f1a22f5c4d_z.jpgSide by jonatansvenning, on Flickr

40380879825_49e4db9070_z.jpgWheelbarrel with flowers by jonatansvenning, on Flickr

40380882475_d267bf1b08_z.jpgWindow by jonatansvenning, on Flickr

40380880805_b0ce0e79bd_z.jpgRoof by jonatansvenning, on Flickr

A build I finished a while ago now but only now got around to posting it. I really like how it came out, the only thing I think needs improvement is the middle roofsection (middle of 3). There are a few more pictures on Flickr.

Any critisism is welcome, hope you enjoy it!

(Also, how do i post pictures from Flickr without it getting the link on the side?)

Edited by ZlatanXVIGustaf

Great work with your textures on this, and I really like your vegetation.  The shaping on the roof and top floor are terrific, and I love your wheelbarrow.  There are so many excellent details, it's hard to count them all, and I feel like every time I look at your images another clever assembly reveals itself.  Very well done.

Nice work.  I like the tilt in the tower and the texturing of the tower itself.  The base is well done and i really like the way you did the trunk on the tree.  And is that a wheel barrel with flowers in it?  

I got to say, I'm quite impressed with this, as it is far beyond anything I'm able to build. The masonry on the tower is pretty good, and I like how you incorporated the vegetation onto the tower. The tree and the terrain on the ground is good as well, and I especially find the irregular base creative. 

A good creation ! I like every detail you've added !

The tree is well done and the wheel barrel is great ! :thumbup:

@ZlatanXVIGustaf To remove the last part of the link when using Flickr Share button, you simply just need to delete manually all the part in the link that is mentioning the name of your picture and your Flickr account name (it's about the 1/3 last part of the link text...)

All in all a great job !

Indeed a very nice build! It's defenitely your trademark style, but it also reminds me a bit of TM's towers. Anyway, really love the vegetation (go Avalonian treehuggers!) and the roof is just yummie-yummie, how all these angled sections come together :wub::wub:

On 4/6/2018 at 6:23 PM, The Stad said:

Great work with your textures on this, and I really like your vegetation.  The shaping on the roof and top floor are terrific, and I love your wheelbarrow.  There are so many excellent details, it's hard to count them all, and I feel like every time I look at your images another clever assembly reveals itself.  Very well done.

Thanks!

On 4/7/2018 at 5:11 AM, zoth33 said:

Nice work.  I like the tilt in the tower and the texturing of the tower itself.  The base is well done and i really like the way you did the trunk on the tree.  And is that a wheel barrel with flowers in it?  

Thanks! Yes it is a wheelbarrow.

10 hours ago, Ares said:

I got to say, I'm quite impressed with this, as it is far beyond anything I'm able to build. The masonry on the tower is pretty good, and I like how you incorporated the vegetation onto the tower. The tree and the terrain on the ground is good as well, and I especially find the irregular base creative. 

Thanks! I'm sure you'll be able to build something like this, you just need some experience and a lot of parts. :grin: 

5 hours ago, Faladrin said:

A good creation ! I like every detail you've added !

The tree is well done and the wheel barrel is great ! :thumbup:

@ZlatanXVIGustaf To remove the last part of the link when using Flickr Share button, you simply just need to delete manually all the part in the link that is mentioning the name of your picture and your Flickr account name (it's about the 1/3 last part of the link text...)

All in all a great job !

Thanks! I'll try that when I post my next moc!

3 hours ago, TitusV said:

Indeed a very nice build! It's defenitely your trademark style, but it also reminds me a bit of TM's towers. Anyway, really love the vegetation (go Avalonian treehuggers!) and the roof is just yummie-yummie, how all these angled sections come together :wub::wub:

Thanks Titus! It's definitely inspired by TM's towers.

Fantastic MOC! The techniques and the angles are quite amazing! I especially love the rock-work, the roof and the tree! Keep up your great work! :classic: :thumbup:

Edited by LegoModularFan

You already know what I think o it from flickr, but I gotta add, it makes me want to build a wonky tower again. Also the photos look way better now, and it doesn't have that plastic look anymore. 

21 hours ago, ZlatanXVIGustaf said:

Thanks Titus! It's definitely inspired by TM's towers.

Honoured that you should take such inspiration. I definitely think you out did any of mine though :thumbup:

14 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Fantastic MOC! The techniques and the angles are quite amazing! I especially love the rock-work, the roof and the tree! Keep up your great work! :classic: :thumbup:

Thanks! I'm glad you like the stonework as that is the most tedious part to build. 

3 hours ago, The Maestro said:

You already know what I think o it from flickr, but I gotta add, it makes me want to build a wonky tower again. Also the photos look way better now, and it doesn't have that plastic look anymore. 

Honoured that you should take such inspiration. I definitely think you out did any of mine though :thumbup:

I can definitely see your point, it is quite top-heavy. It might have looked better if the tudor-panels were'nt sloped outwards. 

I just bought some good lights and yes, these pictures are way better than any of my previous ones. Less editing aswell:sweet:

Hmm, maybe the tower is on par with yours but your groundwork is still miles better!:tongue:

Definitely getting some strong @The Maestro vibes off of this, with an eccentric old guy living in a ramshackle tower. That's a good thing, though it would also be great to see something new. I love the roof on the tower, especially the wooden beams coming off at the angles. I also like the angles of the multi-faceted tudor section. It might be slightly top-heavy, but I like that aspect (and besides, plaster and wood should be much lighter than the stone beneath it, and should be able to be much larger than the supporting tower). The wheelbarrow by the door is the best part, I think, though, especially the close-up picture that you have. Good to see another build from you!

8 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Definitely getting some strong @The Maestro vibes off of this, with an eccentric old guy living in a ramshackle tower. That's a good thing, though it would also be great to see something new. I love the roof on the tower, especially the wooden beams coming off at the angles. I also like the angles of the multi-faceted tudor section. It might be slightly top-heavy, but I like that aspect (and besides, plaster and wood should be much lighter than the stone beneath it, and should be able to be much larger than the supporting tower). The wheelbarrow by the door is the best part, I think, though, especially the close-up picture that you have. Good to see another build from you!

Thanks Henjin! I couldn't imagine anyone else but an eccentric old man living in such a tower but fear not, my next build actually involves my character, believe it or not.:grin: It is slightly larger though so I won't finish it for a while.

I'm glad you like the tudor and roof aswell as the wheelbarrow!

The tower looks great, especially the Tudor bit and the roof. The landscaping is nicely done as well. Adding the mossy bits on the tree trunk is very clever, don't see that very often

17 hours ago, Puvel said:

The tower looks great, especially the Tudor bit and the roof. The landscaping is nicely done as well. Adding the mossy bits on the tree trunk is very clever, don't see that very often

Thanks Puvel! 

The irregular base works beautifully here - especially have you have a 'floating' portion under the tree :wub: The mix of regular green and dark green is very smoothly done :thumbup:
And the various angles of the tower are incorporated well. It's an excellent build!
Nifty little wheelbarrow filled with plants too :classic:

22 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

The irregular base works beautifully here - especially have you have a 'floating' portion under the tree :wub: The mix of regular green and dark green is very smoothly done :thumbup:
And the various angles of the tower are incorporated well. It's an excellent build!
Nifty little wheelbarrow filled with plants too :classic:

Thanks Isaac! The wheelbarrow was the final touch to complete the build, it looked empty without it.

I saw the pictures of this build on your flickr album and thought: I have to find this post on EB!

Really amazing build! The roof working is tremendous! Also the colours are working together very well. This is giving a atmospheric view on the build. I always loved types of houses like this. 

Keep up that great work!