Lord Buckethead

[GBW] - Troop Movement - Refnor - Catching the Train

In preparation for the upcoming offensive, Refnorian High Command saw fit to mobilise the reserves given the potential consequences of the mission failing.

Z5sfsJq.jpg

Sgt. Buckethead was one such reserve, he and his platoon were lucky enough to catch a ride on one of the trains travelling to the front. Others weren't so fortunate.

QKR7kLo.jpg

While the looting of enemy bodies was officially forbidden by the Refnorian military, it didn't stop some people trying to search for trophies from Xenor's notoriously well equipped troops.

KjzEmGo.jpg

Thank you for viewing my first GBW build, if I've missed something or I've done something wrong I would greatly appreciate it if you could point it out so I can fix it right away.

Edited by Lord Buckethead

Roaglaan's decals?

There's a lot I want to say about this, but I'll keep it for the judging thread.  Good job!

1 hour ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Roaglaan's decals?

There's a lot I want to say about this, but I'll keep it for the judging thread.  Good job!

Thanks, are we not allowed to use them? If not I can easily change them for something else.

Oh no! Use them!!! Way to be creative. I thought I was one of the only people who used those. I recognized those Vietnam torsos right away.

As LEGO doesn’t really do much of anything relating to modern combat, customs and third party items are the way to go.

I like the build, it has good details in a medium size build.

But the looting of enemy soldiers should be punished! That´s conduct unbecoming of good servicemen!

You’ve been awarded (4) points.

Judges’ comments…

Great Little Build, especially for your first side build. The whole concept here is so basic but original that it just works. Everything from your landscaping and building up the rail to the train and the troop poses is spot on. If I had to give one suggestion, it'd be to work on your lighting as it is a little bit overpowering, but thats a much better problem to have than poor lighting. Very nice job.    

Awesome!  Small lil confrontation, and it works so well.  The usage of the train is great, original usage.  I myself can appreciate the decal usage on the figures; those take time and you did them well.  Lighting was a bit heavy, but that is an easy problem to fix.  You can always adjust camera settings.  Ballast on the track and the terrain looked great as well.  Again, great job!        

A very good build all around. The minifigs are impressive, both the way you outfitted them as well as their poses. The terrain has some good detailing and texturing, and the train tracks and ballast are nicely done. The photo editing is obvious around the edges (I'm assuming this was to eliminate the background). You may consider buying some posterboard. It's pretty cheap and serves as a good background for smaller MOCs. 

Be Sure to Update Your AARs. 

Thanks for playing!