Sign in to follow this  
CopMike

My "between" Caf

indexed.gif B-RM-2A

Hi!

I�m as excited as everybody else about the Green Grocer set. But I�ll have to wait a while before I can afford it :'-(! So I started on my own little house as seen below.

My idea is that there still some smaller houses between the big ones where people live.

They don�t want to move and the city developers can�t get rid of them to get hold of the building sites.

So I�ll be making them only 8 studs wide using two of these 8x16 baseplates shortside/shortside:

3865.gif

I got to use some of my aqua bricks for this also *sweet*.

pic2.jpg

Crammed in between Caf� Corner & Market Street.

pic1.jpg

On more shot ;-)! I�ll be adding a third floor to the Caf� next week.

pic4.jpg

It�s built in two modules. Oops, Hinckley�s head in the pic also :-P!

Building thin and low also saves a lot of bricks!

Well thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed it. I�m new to this city building thingy - I�m not sure where I caught this disease X-D!

Thinny�s On

copmike

Great idea. The building looks nice. I think it could use a tad more detail, as it looks a bit blank in between CC and MS.

I like the size! It looks like the rest of the city grew up around it!

I'm not fond of the bats or the brown windows. Try to add some decoration that stays within the gray color scheme. I think that the triangular roofing tiles near the bats don't work either, but I don't have anything to suggest to replace those pieces.

Is their anything notable in the interior? What about the back?

Reminds me of a similar idea I had a while ago, Copmike. I guess great minds think alike :-D One thing I might suggest, however, is make the roof taller and sloped so that it it seems a little more flush with the other buildings. Although I shouldn't be talking about being flush with the other buildings, as the baseplate and building on mine are half the length of the standard modular buildings

-Chuck

Edited by Chuck

Although I shouldn't be talking about being flush with the other buildings, as the baseplate and building are half the length of the standard modular buildings

-Chuck

:-D True, but it's still a good pointer. There are buildings in Chicago that look exactly like this scale-wise. You'll see a 1/2 on an address (ie 17 1/2 N. State) and there's what looks like half a building there that doesn't look very tall and you don't know how it fit in with the rest of the block.

Hey Copmike! Welcome to the world of City MOCs. It's addictive, you'll be back. Great job here, escially considering it's your first. Old as you are, I'm surprised you haven't delved into City before. :-P My only suggestion would be to add more of a ledge or cornices between the levels, so it matches the other buildings style-wise. It doesn't have to match exactly, but most buildings do have ledges between floors and your building lends itself to a nice art deco cornice *sweet* !

I love the rooftop deck, especially the placement of the tree. Looks like a nice place to get some sun. X-D And I love your unorthodox and shameless use of "go ahead and question my masculinity" colors. :-D *y* I hope to see more of your city soon! Great work! :-)

i think it looks great, definitely small between the two but the creation is a success

A very cute little building, I love the idea of a crammed one inbetween. The colours are very effective and though I think it could use more detail, it fits in surprisingly well. Good job.

To the Bricksignal! >:-)

Really nice copmike, the building scale looks cool between the CC and MS sets.

There is a tall tree in the back of the buildings X-D .

Endor invade your lego town. :-P :-D

Nice little house! With so much detail put in it.

These kind of small houses are quite common here in Amsterdam as well as the picture below shows:

kloveniersburgwalgr.jpg

The interesting story with this is the following:

A servant of a rich Amsterdam resident stood in front of his masters big house and sighed and said: "if only I had a house as wide as the masters front door, I couldn't be happier". His master heard him saying this and decided that this man's wish had to be granted....

:-)

Nice addition to the CC-style sets! *y*

I like the idea of adding some small buildings to the rather large ones, although I

Thanks for the feedback everyone *wub*!

zouave - "Great idea. The building looks nice. I think it could use a tad more detail, as it looks a bit blank in between CC and MS."

Thanks *sweet*! Yes more detail would be cool. I had problems though getting something at the aqua area to look good.

And because the owner been there longer than the big houses it