Kai NRG

Exploring Celestia, One Day at a Time

Hi guys!  Here's something a little unique from me.  I'm away from my bricks but I brought the quirky quartet - Uncle, Vance, Amira, and Bob - along with me.  I've been snapping some pictures and I'll add one a day to this thread (except on Sundays) for as long as they last!  Time-wise these are set right after the quartet's arrival on Celestia and their treehouse, and before their discovery of the flower.

-------

Vance: Waaait!  Are you getting a picture?  Stop, everyone, stop!  You've got to let me go in front with my explorer's pose.

So everyone waited for five minutes while Vance slowly dragged himself through the tall grasses to the front.

26383994497_5e08e84761.jpg

Uncle appreciates a view even after climbing a rocky cliff, but he may be alone in that.

40562670014_a14c55eb2b.jpg

Lovely photos, Kai! Minifigs can look really expressive when used right! Well done

A few hours into the exploring adventure, Amira suddenly realized that Bob had disappeared.  A frantic search ensued which eventually revealed... Bob.

41262808342_9df10ff19f.jpg

8 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Nice photos and appropriately minifig scaling on the real grass :wink:

:pir-laugh: Thanks!

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

Lovely photos, Kai! Minifigs can look really expressive when used right! Well done

Thanks Bregir!

1 hour ago, Drunknok said:

Those grass bricks look very natural. Which set are they from? :tongue:

:pir_laugh2: :pir-grin:

Another nice one. :thumbup:

By the way, your photo skills are great. The balance between background/foreground and focus has been excellent on all shots.

Just now, Drunknok said:

Another nice one. :thumbup:

By the way, your photo skills are great. The balance between background/foreground and focus has been excellent on all shots.

Thank you! :classic:  I have a great camera, and I'm learning! :pir-grin:

This is getting a bit chatty, sorry for that, but: may I ask where you are at? Could be anything from a garden behind a house to actual wilderness. Just curious. :classic:

On 4/7/2018 at 6:56 PM, Drunknok said:

This is getting a bit chatty, sorry for that, but: may I ask where you are at? Could be anything from a garden behind a house to actual wilderness. Just curious. :classic:

:pir_laugh2:  This is more of a garden than a wilderness. :pir_tong2:  I'm in Missouri.

Amira was possibly more interested in the flowers than in finding Bob...

41304860102_398d759aef.jpg

Vance sighs over the underbrush as he hacks his way through.

40657181304_77ae1380c0.jpg

Excellent photos! It's good to see the minifigs exploring the real world.:pir_laugh2:

Nice Pictures Kai, but I look forward to when you're back with real bricks. Your creations are always excellent. :classic:

Where bouts in MO ... Had family on the current few miles from where the jack forks used to spend alot of time there.  But at least your getting grass ... Its still snowing off and on here Northern IN ... But Im enjoying the RL and lego combos great perspectives and good camerawork

A true artist sees beauty even in mud. ;)

27520951588_caf552e3a5.jpg

16 hours ago, Bodi said:

Excellent photos! It's good to see the minifigs exploring the real world.:pir_laugh2:

Thanks!  It's fun to find different spots that will do even at such small scales!

13 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Nice Pictures Kai, but I look forward to when you're back with real bricks. Your creations are always excellent. :classic:

So do I! :pir-grin:  Thanks!

9 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Where bouts in MO ... Had family on the current few miles from where the jack forks used to spend alot of time there.  But at least your getting grass ... Its still snowing off and on here Northern IN ... But Im enjoying the RL and lego combos great perspectives and good camerawork

Actually got a touch of snow last Sunday here too!  But yeah, the grass has been getting greener!  These pictures were all taken in the St. Louis area. 

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

Any encounters with the wildlife so far? Dogs are vicious beasts...

:pir-laugh:  Actually there was a dog barking away at me as I took most of these pictures, so I did throw him into the background for one of them, although it's not a very artistic shot, more humorous.  You'll see it one of these days! :pir-grin:

Vance has found a magnificent relic of antiquity!

41372577882_cb9bcfd959.jpg

To some people, relics of antiquity are not nearly as interesting as flowers.

26562304497_6f1bb49126.jpg

The quartet's first contact with the wildlife is a distant, but alarming one.

40563864565_ea33fbdc00.jpg

On 4/14/2018 at 3:43 PM, Drunknok said:

@Kai NRG

You might want to hire the newest WTC "weaponsystem" for protection. I can not guarantee victory in battle, but it will be at least a decent distraction! :pir-grin:

:pir-laugh:  Yes, I think Uncle needs one of those!

The first and most interesting thing Bob found was, as always, a pool of water.

41467151292_f66e0368fe.jpg

Edited by Kai NRG

After finding several abnormally large species of flowers, Amira has finally found some that are more her size...

40632335705_ecc876404d.jpg

On 2018/4/15 at 4:35 AM, Kai NRG said:

The quartet's first contact with the wildlife is a distant, but alarming one.

:pir-laugh: 

When it comes to a choice between a view and a climb or neither, Vance always picks neither... you might get hit by lightning if you get too close to the clouds, after all.

39729081100_70f47581a6.jpg