Minifig Lecturer

MOC: The Money Laundering Launderette

I’ve always believed that that little minifigs can be big criminals and so I present the Money Laundering Launderette.

This is a MOC I wanted to build for quite some time now and use up those spare (unfortunately LEGO) 100 dollar notes I have lying around.

The scene is pretty simple, the good guys (the police) have surrounded and are about to raid the Soap n’ Suds launderette, a front company for a crime organisation involved in smuggling contraband clone brands and dangerous addictive plastic substances among other things. An accountant who works for the gang and two heavily armed gunmen are deciding whether to fight or flee (presumably through the backdoor into the boiler room and out into the adjoining yard but who knows…)

Two oblivious customers are also downstairs. The launderette does also actually wash clothes with 6 large 10kg capacity washing machines and dryers. Washes from €5, wash and dry €8.

Special thanks to miniBIGS, BrickArms and BrickForge for the custom parts.

27380075288_2a38ff9f8a_o.png

27380073748_72da4a6842_o.png

27380072538_cac9388874_o.png

27401178538_85aaf43597_b.jpg

26402479857_5c99d9cb15_b.jpg

More pictures of the inside on Flickr

Edited by Minifig Lecturer

No replies to such a great MOC in 19 hours! Seriously?! :hmpf_bad: 

What a realistic scene! I love the rundown feeling and the brick-built road, the tree, the street lamp, the backyard and the roof details are really well done! Very nice to see covered studs too! 

It's funny, I discovered your MOCs yesterday, a few hours before you uploaded this MOC! What a coincidence! 

19 hours ago, Minifig Lecturer said:

I’ve always believed that that little minifigs can be big criminals

That part is my favorite part! :laugh:

Edited by LegoModularFan

Very glad you like the general feel to the MOC LegoModularFan and thank you for your kind words!

The building is modular too I should add :laugh: although there are only 2 floors in the main building of course. The various roofing parts do pop off however which is useful for moving around the little people.

Great MOC!  The details on the roof look great along with the other elements that give the area a shady look.  Not some place you want to be around at night......Also like how you used the Saturn V elements to make your sign.  

10 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Great MOC!  The details on the roof look great along with the other elements that give the area a shady look.  Not some place you want to be around at night.....

Reminiscent of north of the border (Belfast not Canada :wink:) circa 30 years ago.

Impressive build.

Lovely MOC.  Especially like the vignettes of the people.  All are well posed.  It takes a long time to set each scene, and I appreciate the work that went into each one.

Cheers!

:classic: Beverly  

How convenient, now you can take care of all your laundering in one place. 

The build is excellent. Each picture perfectly captures an old, worn-down building in a ghetto, and the attention to detail is second to none. Well done. 

Are the trash bags a custom piece?

14 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Reminiscent of north of the border (Belfast not Canada :wink:) circa 30 years ago.

Thank you Lucarex. I would say we have a fair few similar looking buildings in inner city Dublin today.

13 hours ago, beverly888 said:

Lovely MOC.  Especially like the vignettes of the people.  All are well posed.  It takes a long time to set each scene, and I appreciate the work that went into each one.

Thank you Beverly.

10 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

How convenient, now you can take care of all your laundering in one place.

Are the trash bags a custom piece?

A one-stop laundering location is a good business slogan :laugh:

The trash bags are official LEGO sacks

I had a bunch in medium dark flesh but was very happy to see them issued in black for this purpose. The custom parts used are guns, police clothing and the 2 broken bottles on the roof and footpath.