obijon

[MOC] MINI Mandator-IV Siege Dreadnought (Ep. VIII) UPDATED

UPDATED MODEL IN NEXT POST 

HI again all

Following on from my Supremacy I present another capital ship from The Last Jedi, the Dreadnought.  This is another simple build, it is just a flat triangle after all.  :wink:

I played around a bit with the two planetary bombardment cannons underneath but finally settled on using the stud shooters after building a Batman set with my son and realising they would do nicely.  They are just attached using a clip plate, nice and simple.  I have used some round plates for the surface turrets, I know they are a bit "large" but the model just looked too plain without them.  I also quite like the use of the turntable base for the "hole". 

Let me know what you think.

Jon

dreadnought1.jpg

Edited by obijon
Updated model

Hi all

I have tinkered a little bit with this model.  Not a huge amount but it does look a lot better in my opinion.

I have removed the 1x1 round plates which acted as the turrets and added some tiles on the surface to give the effect of the seam.  This leaves 26 whole studs visible on the surface, and apparently according to wikipedia there are 26 surface turrets on these monsters.  Good enough for me! 

I have also changed the front slightly so I could taper off the wedge plates using 2x4s all the way back for the bottom part.  There were 2x3s at the back previously.

All in all it looks cleaner.

Completely new models soon.

Jon

mandator1.jpgmandator2.jpgmandator4.jpgmandator3.jpgmandator5.jpgmandatordisplay.jpg

Great job! The stud shooters are spot on and I really like the 2x2 turntable part in the centre and the bridge too.

Thanks guys.  That is the fun of  building in this scale when you realise a certain part is perfect.

Building at this scale limits your options somewhat! 

Your model is great to the extent that I now loath the last Jedi blatantly killing off favourite characters and destroying newly appeared ships in a few minutes.

Great job.

On 19/04/2018 at 5:01 PM, Some SW fan said:

Your model is great to the extent that I now loath the last Jedi blatantly killing off favourite characters and destroying newly appeared ships in a few minutes.

Great job.

Thanks again. I suppose when you can use cgi it does not cost any time or money to replace.