Here it is, my fourth modular building: it features two distinct buildings on a 48x32 footprint. The azure building has a travel agency on the ground floor, while you can find an antique shop in the dark red one. The upper floors are essential tourists apartments and are connected by a walkway on gothic arches. Hope you like it!

39440027020_85271fc66f_b.jpg

39440026780_038b794e23_b.jpg

41249702591_daf83a1ac9_b.jpg

40353103815_def2892b6a_b.jpg

40534988684_86e96596a1_b.jpg

27375623618_0c7e7c3bc2_b.jpg

26376499707_0c683580df_b.jpg

Edited by Giacinto Consiglio

This looks really excellent. The blue building looks the most detailed but I think my favourite one is the red building with all the flowers on the front. This really sets it off. The interior details and the back of the building are also fantastic.

The design of the facade is on par with an official Lego modular. Really great work! :classic:

Good stuff! Nice details all around, like the minibuilds within the travel agency. Time to order some bricks and build it! ;-)

Looks like you put a lot of effort and time into this build. It turned out really sweet! It'd be cool to see it in real life.

18 hours ago, Venefic said:

Looks like you put a lot of effort and time into this build. It turned out really sweet! It'd be cool to see it in real life.

Of course! I'll start ordering bricks in a few weeks :wink:

Amazing modulars again! Some very nice architectures here! Some nice techniques on the azure building and the details are just fine - not exaggerated or lacking! Its roof is amazing! The canal house fits well with the azure building IMO, it's backside looks very nice! The passage is my favorite part of the MOC, looks fantastic with all the flowers and plants! The use of the flowers on the canal house is great as well! The interiors are very nicely done too.

22 hours ago, Giacinto Consiglio said:

40534988684_86e96596a1_b.jpg

This is really wonderful! Very nice brick-built chair!

Can't wait to see this in real bricks and your upcoming Art Nouveau modular! :excited:

33 minutes ago, Giacinto Consiglio said:

Of course! I'll start ordering bricks in a few weeks :wink:

I'm looking forward to seeing the brick build version. Both buildings are beautiful with good color combinations.

I'd already seen that building on your Instagram before, but I wanted to comment anyway, as I think it's a very fine example of LDD modulars (because that's what I do!)

It certainly looks out of the box and very interesting. Azure and dark red make a surprisingly nice modular combo. Who would've thought! The blue is not as exciting to me personally, maybe because I prefer somewhat skinnier modulars, but the red building looks abosultely superb. Nice colouring, shaping around the roof and windows, framing and flowering! But undobtedly, the passageway between both buildings steals the cake! These take fiddling to do in LDD due to the hitbox the pieces have around them (which creates collisions and whatnot), so they're appreciated.

Very nice parts usages throughout, croissants... nice texturing, even on the back. Very solid work.

Congrats!

Edited by paupadros
Pesky spelling mistake

35 minutes ago, paupadros said:

I'd already seen that building on your Instagram before, but I wanted to comment anyway, as I think it's a very fine example of LDD modulars (because that's what I do!)

It certainly looks out of the box and very interesting. Azure and dark red make a surprisingly nice modular combo. Who would've thought! The blue is not as exciting to me personally, maybe because I prefer somewhat skinnier modulars, but the red building looks abosultely superb. Nice colouring, shaping arond the roof and windows, framing and flowering! But undobtedly, the passageway between both buildings steals the cake! These take fiddling to do in LDD due to the hitbox the pieces have around them (which creates collisions and whatnot), so they're appreciated.

Very nice parts usages throughout, croissants... nice texturing, even on the back. Very solid work.

Congrats!

Thank you Pau!!

3 hours ago, Giacinto Consiglio said:

Thank you Pau!!

To get some extra visibility, you definitely should put it on many Lego-related Flickr groups and in the Lego subreddit. It surely will atract more people!

About the collab we talked about some weeks ago, I've had a little fun idea which might be fun to try if you want (I'll private message you)

4 minutes ago, paupadros said:

To get some extra visibility, you definitely should put it on many Lego-related Flickr groups and in the Lego subreddit. It surely will atract more people!

About the collab we talked about some weeks ago, I've had a little fun idea which might be fun to try if you want (I'll private message you)

I'm relatively new to Flickr, so there is still much to be discovered there, but I'll do that. You can PM me whenever you want:wink:

Great job. This looks fantastic in real bricks. The interior is very nice in this modular.

Look forward to seeing the shots of this in your city layout.

This is great - seeing somethinmg in real bricks is so much better than just renderings or LDD screenshots.

Still love all the detailing on the facade of the azure building!

But is it just me (or the pictures, or my monitor :look: ), or does the azure clash slightly with the light blueish grey? It has that greenish tint in it that doesn't mix with the blue in the grey. And is that medium or dark azure? I'm not too familiar with those colors in general...

Btw, just went to your flickr feed and saw your train station - what an impressive build! Did you present this on here, too? Must've missed it :(

Edited by RogerSmith

2 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

This is great - seeing somethinmg in real bricks is so much better than just renderings or LDD screenshots.

Still love all the detailing on the facade of the azure building!

But is it just me (or the pictures, or my monitor :look: ), or does the azure clash slightly with the light blueish grey? It has that greenish tint in it that doesn't mix with the blue in the grey. And is that medium or dark azure? I'm not too familiar with those colors in general...

Btw, just went to your flickr feed and saw your train station - what an impressive build! Did you present this on here, too? Must've missed it :(

Thank you. It's hard to analyise colours on a screen, but I must say medium azure looked quite more intense in real life than in the renderings. I presented the Central Station here

These two both look stunning in the ABS! Upon revisitation, I still love their color schemes, especially the Earth Blue/Dark Azure/Light Bluish Grey one on the left! :thumbup: 

10 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

These two both look stunning in the ABS! Upon revisitation, I still love their color schemes, especially the Earth Blue/Dark Azure/Light Bluish Grey one on the left! :thumbup: 

Thank you (it's medium azure:wink:)

I never thought this could look that better built with real bricks. I wasn't totally convinced with the color scheme with the renders but it is even more than convincing now! :wub: Also that's a lot of amazing techniques used on the roof of the canal house! Can't wait to see your city layout (not to mention how much I look forward seeing your Art Nouveau building)! :moar:

Very nice! It sometimes happens to me that renders make buildings "fat". What in a render looks like big enough, then in real bricks (or the tests I do in Architecture Studio) look tiny in comparison. The dark red building for me appears skinnier than in the rendering, which it not entierly a bad thing! Looking foward to the overall picture of your layout :wink: