Sign in to follow this  
CaptainMorgansDad

Tropical Lookout

Hi everyone

This is my first post here after lurking for a while.

I wanted to share my first MOC after emerging from my 18 year dark ages!

I would love any feedback :-)

I can't seem to post the photos here, so here is a link on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141128570@N06/26371455357/in/album-72157694541029134/

(Edited to reflect the fact that my Dark Ages were 18 years, not 16 - I am getting too old!)

Edited by CaptainMorgansDad

Hi there CaptainMorgansDad!

I’d love to see your fort. Could you please unlock the flikr album? I’m getting an error that says I don’t have permission.

MAC

Thanks for letting me know - I'm new to Flickr. It shoild be public now.

It's just a little island with a lookout tower to get my juices flowing woth a relatively limited collection currently at my disposal (3-4k pieces).

This summer, my wife and I will be moving back to the USA, where I have a a far larger collection (20k+ pieces). We plan to create a large pirate Island, so, in the meantime, working on "practice" MOCs!

What a charming little island! I assume your collection is mostly older sets? But I see that olive green masonry 1x2 there... a great stand-alone moc, but an even better beginning to a whole chain of future mocs. Can’t wait!

MAC 

Thanks, iammac!

My collection is mostly from 1989 to 1999 or so. Around then, I entered my "Dark Ages", and didn't really touch my collection at all (although I had the presence of mind to not let my father throw them away!). 

I got the UCS TIE Fighter as a wedding present this past August, and since then, I have been back in full force, and acquiring more pricks and parts, hence the masonry bricks. Those are great, I need to get more of them!

There are also so many colors we didn't have back in the day! 

I am working on drawings of what I would like the ultimate large island to look like, and will try to share some here soon!