letsbuild

[LB-X18] Collaboration/Group Project

14 hours ago, IA creations said:

Also,I haven't started the build of the chassi, but the door hige is wayy to biggg, can we make it smaller, I mean, there is barely room for the steering wheel (which btw i almost figured it out :) )

You should address remarks on the doors to @Offroadcreat1ons I think. He is responsible for the doors. That being said, I think my suggested changes to the doors also have a smaller hinge.

17 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I fixed that. Also the doors still collide with the body when opened. I did some work on them to make them open further, but this could still be improved. I moved the rotation forward and the side mirror backwards. I also lifted the left front fender slightly. Here is the LXF-file.

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Here are a few. I left the 90 degree limiter in and the 2x2 brick, but please feel free to change that too. Even the 5x7 frame around these parts is not essential. Only the position of the shift axle should not be changed frivolously. Finally, the main drive axle could also run to the front one stud higher, without U-joints. With U-joints it would require more support than shown in the renders. Hope this helps.

https://bricksafe.com/files/Didumos/lb-x18/LB-X18 - chs %231.png

https://bricksafe.com/files/Didumos/lb-x18/LB-X18 - chs %232.png

https://bricksafe.com/files/Didumos/lb-x18/LB-X18 - chs.png

Thanks a lot! I will have something ready in the next couple of days.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:45 AM, IA creations said:

Also,I haven't started the build of the chassi, but the door hige is wayy to biggg, can we make it smaller, I mean, there is barely room for the steering wheel (which btw i almost figured it out :) ).

Ok, I like @Didumos69's door solution, so try that and see if that can fit your steering wheel better.

On 6/23/2018 at 4:55 PM, Jeroen Ottens said:

- fixate the panels above the front wheels

Here's an idea for securing the panels above the front wheels. Also an idea for headlights.

800x423.jpg800x423.jpg

LXF-file here.

Edited by Didumos69

5 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Also an idea for headlights.

Neeh, don't like them myself.

Just an "outsider" remark... you're not gonna let those flex tubes arround the front wheels like that? you'll make something pretty with liftarms right?

1 hour ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Just an "outsider" remark... you're not gonna let those flex tubes arround the front wheels like that? you'll make something pretty with liftarms right?

These ugly ribbed hoses will be replaced by flexaxles. But for reasons beyond our comprehension LDD doesn't allow for 19L flexaxles to be bended, hence the use of these alternative parts.

7 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

These ugly ribbed hoses will be replaced by flexaxles. But for reasons beyond our comprehension LDD doesn't allow for 19L flexaxles to be bended, hence the use of these alternative parts.

Yeah, it only allows 12L and 7L to bend. That could use a fix.

I figured out the steering! @Didumos69maybe you can make a stronger version?

Here is what i did: 

To explain better:  on the gear rack i replaced the pinhole with axle conector with a pinhole and 2 axles conector and to that i conected a 2x4 bent liftarm. Everything else you can see. The steering can't rotate much but it works very good! 

**Also, the 2  7L beams near the shifter a moved one stud to make room for the double 12th gear mesh. 

On 6/24/2018 at 10:51 PM, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Ok, I like @Didumos69's door solution, so try that and see if that can fit your steering wheel better.

I updated the LXF-file with my changes to the door so it can actually open. I also left in my ideas for securing the front panels over the wheels and for the headlights, but these are mere suggestions for @Jeroen Ottens and @Aventador2004.

On 6/24/2018 at 1:28 AM, TechnicRCRacer said:

Just wondering, has the spoiler and mechanism been removed?

On 6/24/2018 at 7:31 AM, Didumos69 said:

Ah, that's my mistake. I found the link and will try to put it in (tomorrow, today's my daughter's birthday). Might have to remove some bodywork parts. Also part of the gearbox has moved to the back, so that could be a small issue too.

@TechnicRCRacer, before I take over your part, perhaps you could try to integrate the adjustable spoiler into the build yourself. I made as much space as possible.

@IA creations, is there still space for the door supports?

@TechnicRCRacer, the one in the OP,  your spoiler should be in there. I also added an actuator. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Didumos69

Just noticed the mods to secure the panels, those look fine, I have an idea for grilles to add to that.

On 7/1/2018 at 1:55 PM, IA creations said:

No room for the doors. 

So, what's next? You want me to take a look at it?

On 6/24/2018 at 12:18 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Thanks a lot! I will have something ready in the next couple of days.

Need help?

On 6/29/2018 at 4:25 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

@Didumos69 Alright, I will try it. Which link is the newest LDD file?

Need help?

On 7/4/2018 at 3:56 PM, IA creations said:

@Didumos69 um, please :laugh:

Okay, I will take a look.

Just now, Didumos69 said:

Need help?

I'm alright for now. I have looked at some options but just need to test (haven't had much time). Thanks for your offer though!