letsbuild

[LB-X18] Collaboration/Group Project

1 hour ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Here is the spoiler for the project...

Is your post missing something...?

Hey everyone, just a question: I managed to order some of the new 20z cutch gears and wave selector. Does anyone want a redesign of the gearbox which contains both parts?

Also, shifter redesign will come in a few days.

Don't redesign it! Not all of us have those pieces but still want to build the whole xar in the end! 

Just now, IA creations said:

Don't redesign it! Not all of us have those pieces but still want to build the whole xar in the end! 

Yes, please dont use them. Those will be rare 

Shifter time!

After tampering with several designs, I settled on one of @Didumos69's designs. I took the essential concept and built a compact housing for it which fits the renders of the chassis.

The 9l and 13l beams represent those of the chassis as it is now.

IMG_9087IMG_9086IMG_9088

Hope this works.

21 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Shifter time!

After tampering with several designs, I settled on one of @Didumos69's designs. I took the essential concept and built a compact housing for it which fits the renders of the chassis.

The 9l and 13l beams represent those of the chassis as it is now.

But how does this connect to the gearbox? The control axle was moved to the back as much as possible - and tied to the gearbox with 6l links - to create space for the seats.

14 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

6l links

Are 9l links possible? If so, there should be enough room to stick in the shifter.

EDIT: I checked the renders again and using 9l links means ample space for the shifter. If that fails, I have 1 more idea.

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

On 7/9/2018 at 8:00 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Are 9l links possible? If so, there should be enough room to stick in the shifter.

EDIT: I checked the renders again and using 9l links means ample space for the shifter. If that fails, I have 1 more idea.

Even if we would revert to 9L links, which I think would be a pity, the main problem I see is that the shift lever would be more or less behind the seats. I think the shift lever and the control axle should somehow be split. The lever nicely in-between the seats and the control axle behind the seats.

Edited by Didumos69

4 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Even if we would revert to 9L links, which I think would be a pity, the main problem I see is that the shift lever would be more or less behind the seats. I think the shift lever and the control axle should somehow be split. The lever nicely in-between the seats and the control axle behind the seats.

I can work on changing it in the next few days.

I need to poke the bear on more time. I know that TC14 is in full swing, but damn... there hasn't been a progress here in 2 weeks. Maybe the summer vacations are to blame.. who knows. Anyway @letsbuild how are thing? What's going on?

2 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I've been working on the shifter in the background of my current project. It will be ready soon.

Okay. Thanks.

9 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Where is @letsbuild?

No idea, he hasn't been on Eurobricks since June...

8 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

It will be ready soon.

Great! I really want to see this finished, especially considering how far we have come... :look:

800x430.jpg

4 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Great! I really want to see this finished, especially considering how far we have come... :look:

It's done now. I just have to post pictures.

Shifter:

I have 2 options given here. One uses idler gears to distance the shifter from the gearbox, the other a liftarm. The latter may not fit the specifications.

20180813_101924 (1)20180813_101929 (1)20180813_101941

More idler gears can be added as needed to the first, and the liftarm length can be extended on the latter.

If you need more pictures, I am at your service. I was in a rush today :grin:

I vote for the liftarm solution. Those knobwheels do not work well when there are three in a row. You can avoid that problem by using normal gears, but than the automatic alignment is not there anymore.

On 8/13/2018 at 6:46 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Shifter:

I have 2 options given here. One uses idler gears to distance the shifter from the gearbox, the other a liftarm. The latter may not fit the specifications.

More idler gears can be added as needed to the first, and the liftarm length can be extended on the latter.

If you need more pictures, I am at your service. I was in a rush today :grin:

On 8/14/2018 at 4:42 PM, Jeroen Ottens said:

I vote for the liftarm solution. Those knobwheels do not work well when there are three in a row. You can avoid that problem by using normal gears, but than the automatic alignment is not there anymore.

Thanks @BrickbyBrickTechnic! I agree with @Jeroen Ottens. I will try to fit the liftarm version in the rest of the chassis.

Hello everyone! I am back, and ready to reanimate this project.

I just read through the last few weeks of progress, which, needless to say, there wasn't much, but I did see a tilted steering wheel (awesome job, @IA creations), a new shifter (which looks good, I hope it works good too!), and a picture of the car up to now.

I'm impressed!

Could I get a report from everyone working this project on the status of their job, please?

Cheers,

Let's Build!