letsbuild

[LB-X18] Collaboration/Group Project

6 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

@letsbuild: which version do you want me to continue with?

I would like you to use the version that has the gearbox 4 studs back.

Looks nice, I have 2 remarks only: the panel behind the rear wheel (rear bumper side) is too long / or should be lifted by 1 stud at least, and the wheels appear slightly small to me.

The chassis is getting a little cluttered with all the connection points I am adding for the panels.

@Didumos69: Do you see it as your task to clean up the chassis after I'm done, or do you want someone else to take care of that?

@IA creations: AFAIK no-one is yet appointed to the interior, so my blessing you have. But of course @letsbuild has the final say in that. If you do it, will you work out a solution for the steering as well?

42 minutes ago, IA creations said:

Is there anyone resposible for the interior? If not, i would like to get that job :) 

You're hired! (Just don't expect a good pay.)

23 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

@Didumos69: Do you see it as your task to clean up the chassis after I'm done, or do you want someone else to take care of that?

I wouldn't mind taking care of that. Unless someone else would really love to do it. Nice progress btw!

I've built the shifter I designed, but it's no good. I think I'll try to put something like this in, if it's okay.

Ok, so I reworked the door a bit and added a mirror. https://bricksafe.com/files/Offroadcreations/collab-supercar/LBX18- Missing parts_new doors.lxf

Please keep in mind that there are bricks missing from this LDD file. My LDD is not updated so not all the parts of the model imported when I downloaded the original file. So use @Jeroen Ottens's LDD file if you want to make changes.

800x533.jpg

1 hour ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Ok, so I reworked the door a bit and added a mirror. https://bricksafe.com/files/Offroadcreations/collab-supercar/LBX18- Missing parts_new doors.lxf

Please keep in mind that there are bricks missing from this LDD file. My LDD is not updated so not all the parts of the model imported when I downloaded the original file. So use @Jeroen Ottens's LDD file if you want to make changes.

Nice update on the doors! The mirror could do one stud smaller, but I guess that's a matter of taste. I merged all changes in one file and uploaded it to the usual location. I have one major concern though. The doors will definitely collide with the rest of the body now and probably also still with the wheels, as @Carsten Svendsen pointed out a few months ago.

Edited by Didumos69

It looks very nice, 

@Jeroen Ottens, can I copy the finished side to other for you?

Also, what if the finished model is seen through PM, to be a reveal?

Edited by Aventador2004

7 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I've built the shifter I designed, but it's no good. I think I'll try to put something like this in, if it's okay.

Need some help with shifter options (it was my job to do shifter) or do you have it covered? I could look into some other options as well.

Took an hour or so, also fixed some things:

• In front of the door, a 4210857 collided with the door. I changed it to a 32557 (What a odd looking brick.. :sceptic:)
  • The rear 3x11 curved panel could not be attached like that. Added 2 bushed pins instead.
  • Don't mean to step on @Imanol BB, but I made a test seat:
  •  
  • LB-X18%20-%20exp%20-%20JO%20Seat'.png
  • I could not flex the door soft axle.. 
  • Got some ideas for lights (Just ideas.

Hope this helps @Jeroen Ottens.

LDD File (Doubled body..)

8 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Need some help with shifter options (it was my job to do shifter) or do you have it covered? I could look into some other options as well.

That would be great! So I'll hand that back to you.

So far I did my best to have a mid-console that is not wider than 5 studs. The top side that is. The bottom side is wider of course. I also moved the shift axle with the orange paddles as far to the back as possible to leave enough room for the seats.

I think we've arrived at a stage where it gets important that the things we make, fit more or less in the given structure. So it would be nice if you can fit the shifter in the given space and take into account the drive axle running to the front wheels. Of course you can change things if you wish, as long as it leaves enough space for seats etc.

Do you use LDD? If you don't, I could make some more renders from different angles of the shifter area. Let me know.

@Jeroen Ottens, yesterday you asked about cleaning up the chassis after you're done. But I assume you are first going to take care of weaving the body to the chassis, or is that not the case? If you could do at least a first attempt, I could also clean that up afterwards. Or maybe that was what you meant in the first place.

Edited by Didumos69

40 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

@Jeroen Ottens, yesterday you asked about cleaning up the chassis after you're done. But I assume you are first going to take care of weaving the body to the chassis, or is that not the case? If you could do at least a first attempt, I could also clean that up afterwards. Or maybe that was what you meant in the first place.

Yes that is what I meant:classic:

16 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Yes that is what I meant:classic:

Okay, fine! ?

Just to be sure, I can start building the interior withthe thought that the conter colloumn isn't getting any wider? 

2 minutes ago, IA creations said:

Just to be sure, I can start building the interior withthe thought that the conter colloumn isn't getting any wider? 

That should be the goal imo. 7 studs between the seats would not look good at this scale.

Btw we also need a working steering wheel.