onecase

[MOC] Executor class Star Dreadnought

On April 13, 2018 at 8:24 PM, Hunter003 said:

Amazing........in fact your entire flickr photostream is mighty impressive......love the at-st and the star destroyer above Jeddha

Thank you. my next project will be Star Destroyer above Jedha. 

This executor is really beautiful.

I find it quite close to Skayen's design ... which is, to my taste, the "first" to have understood that the 2x4, 41769/70 parts were ideal for the actual angle of the bow of the ship. .. at least, closer to the true angle and not 3x12, 47397/98, which remain a good approximation for "small" models but less accurate for larger ...

I remain convinced that this initial choice comes from the lack of sources at the beginning of the first MOC on the Executor and from a biased perception of the "perspective" of cinema images. Finding the true dimensions of the executor is still a problem today (many false sources - I took a long time to recover them and had to correct more than once). The difficulties mainly concern the dimensions of the tail, often too short in many models ... but probably, again, because of the initial difficulties to recover real information on the beast. :)

It is on this model (that of Skayen) that RovernRob and I designed ours (for me for sure).

The finishes of the city and the back castle are remarkable. And, just back from things, in the multiple sources and inspirations that have served me, I look carefully at how you did to complete mine (still in progress).

What is admirable here is your sense of a certain minimalism and a great economy of means to find the part (or the principle) which allows to complete the design ... what I thought to observe also in your other constructions (Personally, I am a pure danderante and do it for my solitary pleasure, without any plan ... so I retouch a lot because it amuses me - but, suddenly, I am obviously less "economic").

So, that your model is of medium size makes it even more attractive and admirable.

I am very grateful for the small texture details of the hull. I admit that he convinced me to add to my own model ... Initially, I thought that these details were too insignificant on the original ship to clutter the models between the meter and the two meters. .. So, I chose a shell completely smooth, to contrast with the city. But, after the weather and looking at yours, it became clear that we had to give a little more treats to this hull. Thank you for that too.

I am still in trouble on the back castle and the details around the engines (and I do it outside my working time which takes up a lot of space) ... It's my limit, that of doing it for the pure game , without any plan ... It is obvious that the engines are a thing to manage at the beginning of the construction ... You are much more professional on the subject and it is also on this kind of details that one sees the success of an OMC.

The ventral bunker is quite complex to manage as well. As he is far in front of the boat, it is not easy to "dig" him enough to keep him very thin. In addition to being able to make a blade so thin that stays straight, without the extra unsightly crutches below, it's not easy either. Certainly, your model being of reasonable dimensions, you may not have had this difficulty. But I am convinced that you had to ask yourself the question and the management of your supports is very elegant.

Let's not talk about the puzzle of fixing the back shell to the structure! Since you have also chosen to put the plates parallel to the central axis (and not on the sides), I guess you know what I'm talking about ... hahaha.

Right now, and after watching tons and tons of Executor MOC, I think it's not a mistake to say it's one of the most beautiful. It may be the best.

Bravo.

(sorry for my poor English ...)

maquette de comparaison SSD mon MOC mai 2018

Les

Edited by Pierre Augustin

1 hour ago, Pierre Augustin said:

Cet exécuteur est vraiment beau.

Je trouve cela assez proche de la conception de Skayen ... qui est, à mon goût, le "premier" à avoir compris que les pièces 2x4, 41769/70 étaient des idéaux pour l'angle réel de l'avant du navire. .. au moins, plus proche du vrai angle et non des 3x12, 47397/98, qui restent une bonne approximation pour les "petits" modèles mais moins précis pour les plus grands ...

Je reste convaincu que ce choix initial vient du manque de sources au début des premiers MOC sur l'Executor et d'une perception biaisée de la «perspective» des images du cinéma. Trouver les vraies dimensions de l'exécuteur reste encore un problème aujourd'hui (beaucoup de fausses sources - j'ai pris beaucoup de temps pour les récupérer et j'ai dû corriger plus d'une fois). Les difficultés concernent surtout les dimensions de la queue, souvent trop courtes dans beaucoup de modèles ... mais probablement, encore une fois, à cause des difficultés initiales pour récupérer des informations réelles sur la bête. :)

C'est sur ce modèle (celui de Skayen) que RovernRob et moi avons conçu le nôtre (pour moi c'est sûr).

Les finitions de la ville et du château arrière sont remarquables. Et, juste de retour des choses, dans les multiples sources et inspirations qui m'ont servi, je regarde attentivement comment vous avez fait pour compléter le mien (toujours en cours).

Ce qui est admirable ici, c'est votre sens d'un certain minimalisme et une grande économie de moyens pour trouver la partie (ou le principe) qui permet de compléter le design ... ce que je pensais observer aussi dans vos autres constructions (personnellement, je suis un pur dilletante et fais-le pour mon plaisir solitaire, sans aucun plan ... donc je retouche beaucoup car ça m'amuse - mais, brusquement, je suis évidemment moins "économique").

Donc, que votre modèle soit de taille moyenne le rend encore plus attrayant et admirable.

Je suis très reconnaissant des petits détails de texture de la coque. J'avoue qu'il m'a convaincu d'en rajouter sur mon propre modèle ... Au départ, je pensais que ces détails étaient trop insignifiants sur le vaisseau d'origine pour encombrer les modèles entre le mètre et les deux mètres ... Alors, j'avais choisi un Coque complètement lisse, pour contraster avec la ville. Mais, après le temps et en regardant le vôtre, il est devenu clair que nous devions donner un peu plus de friandises à cette coque. Merci pour ça aussi.

Je suis toujours en difficulté sur le château arrière et les détails autour des moteurs (et je le fais en dehors de mon temps de travail qui prend beaucoup de place) ... C'est ma limite, celle de le faire pour le pur jeu, sans aucun plan ... Il est évident que les moteurs sont une chose à gérer au début de la construction ... Vous êtes beaucoup plus professionnel sur le sujet et c'est aussi sur ce genre de détails que l'on voit le succès d'un MOC.

Le bunker ventral est assez complexe à gérer également. Comme il est loin devant le bateau, il n'est pas facile de le «creuser» suffisamment pour qu'il reste très mince. En plus d'être capable de faire une lame si fine qui reste droite, sans béquilles disgracieuses supplémentaires ci-dessous, ce n'est pas facile non plus. Certes, votre modèle étant de dimensions raisonnables, vous n'avez peut-être pas eu cette difficulté. Mais je suis convaincu que vous avez dû vous poser la question et la gestion de vos supports est très élégante.

Ne parlons pas du puzzle de la fixation de la coque arrière à la structure! Comme vous avez également choisi de mettre les plaques parallèles à l'axe central (et non sur les côtés), je suppose que vous savez de quoi je parle ... hahaha.

En ce moment, et après avoir regardé des tonnes et des tonnes d'Executor MOC, je pense que ce n'est pas une erreur de dire que c'est l'un des plus beaux. C'est peut-être le meilleur.

Bravo.

(désolé pour mon anglais approximatif ...)

maquette de comparaison SSD mon MOC mai 2018

Les

Thank you for your favorable comment on my moc pierre! I mainly focused on the proportion and the contrast between the detail of the city and the panels. I had a hard time finding the references because there were so few of them. I also admire your work and it looks gorgeous. Hope to see it's finished soon-

That is one awesome build! A few questions though: How much does it weigh? How sturdy is it? And what shelf depth do I need AT THE LEAST to be able to display this? Thanks! :)

18 hours ago, danielwerner said:

That is one awesome build! A few questions though: How much does it weigh? How sturdy is it? And what shelf depth do I need AT THE LEAST to be able to display this? Thanks! :)

don't know the exact weight but you can lift it without any structural problem. means it's pretty sturdy. The size is 132cm long, 47cm wide. 

On 4/3/2018 at 6:08 PM, onecase said:

my next project will be making an instruction for this piece.. but I'm not sure if I can maintain my sanity.. 

I'd like to check your sanity ;) is the instruction happening? or maybe we can expect ldd file for sale?

8 minutes ago, mcgrah said:

I'd like to check your sanity ;) is the instruction happening? or maybe we can expect ldd file for sale?

The instruction is being made by legolijntje. It is about half way done.

(Hello, i'm sorry for the french... I translated everything into English but I don't know why it was published in French.)

Edited by Pierre Augustin

Man this executor looks amazing! And only 7500 pieces????? Currently I'm bricklinking Raskolnikov's star destroyer but this will definitely have to be the next one on the list to build after I'm done with that one.

Bravo sir!

7 hours ago, Pierre Augustin said:

(Hello, i'm sorry for the french... I translated everything into English but I don't know why it was published in French.)

I got notice email translated in english ?  But I don't know what happened here-

2 hours ago, Kadeus said:

Man this executor looks amazing! And only 7500 pieces????? Currently I'm bricklinking Raskolnikov's star destroyer but this will definitely have to be the next one on the list to build after I'm done with that one.

Bravo sir!

Thank you. Stay tuned for instructions-

13 hours ago, onecase said:

The instruction is being made by legolijntje. It is about half way done.

He should change his name to Kuat Drive Yards :) 

I can't wait to build this!

7 hours ago, Schneeds said:

He should change his name to Kuat Drive Yards :) 

I can't wait to build this!

:laugh: :thumbup:

On 2018-05-09 at 1:58 PM, onecase said:

don't know the exact weight but you can lift it without any structural problem. means it's pretty sturdy. The size is 132cm long, 47cm wide. 

Thanks! Do you know the approximate length between one side of the build to the far side of the stands? Just so I know what shelf size I need. :)

8 hours ago, danielwerner said:

Thanks! Do you know the approximate length between one side of the build to the far side of the stands? Just so I know what shelf size I need. :)

from the front 81cm, from the back 75cm.

Do you have a picture of the internal structure you can show us. I am just curious to see what the internal engineering is like. Also look forward to purchasing the instructions!

1 hour ago, Darth Max said:

Do you have a picture of the internal structure you can show us. I am just curious to see what the internal engineering is like. Also look forward to purchasing the instructions!

you can find them at my Instagram account. @0necase

14 hours ago, onecase said:

from the front 81cm, from the back 75cm.

Haha, sorry, I was a bit unclear. I mean the length from the SIDE to the far side of the stand. So I know what depth I need for a shelf. :)

15 minutes ago, danielwerner said:

Haha, sorry, I was a bit unclear. I mean the length from the SIDE to the far side of the stand. So I know what depth I need for a shelf. :)

I believe it's about 50cm.

3 hours ago, danielwerner said:

Hmm that can’t be right; the whole model is 49 cm wide.

Nope, you're right. I misinterpreted the software. :grin:

6 hours ago, danielwerner said:

Hmm that can’t be right; the whole model is 49 cm wide.

it's about 35cm

6 hours ago, onecase said:

it's about 35cm

Awesome, thank you! Looking forward to the instructions. Again, great work!

I think this is my favourite executor-type SSD in LEGO, regardless of scale.

Even though I particularly dislike wedge plates because they have studs, the patterned texture of hull plating achieved by using various tiles is perfect!