• A combination of newsletters and bulletins
    • Nothing at all
  2. 2. How would you like to recieve it?

• As HTML Email
    • As plain text Email
    • As a PDF
    • Other

banner-poll2.gif

What should we do with the mailing list?

Classic-Pirates.com has a mailing list which gets used occasionally for newsletters and bulletins which we send users updates when there's an important event like a competition or article.

We'd like to know whether you find this service beneficial, and if so:

1) What content would you like receive through the mailing list

2) How often you'd like to receive it

3) What format you'd like to receive it in

We want to serve the online Pirate LEGO fanatics as best we can, but to do that we need to know what the people want.

Subscribe/Unsubscribe

Use to the Subscribe/Unsubscribe Form to add or remove your Email address from the Classic-Pirates.com Mailing List.

I voted for monthly, but i think that's hard to make..

And the format, i suggest a Pdf...

I would go with a monthly newsletter. That way you don't overcomplicate thins with what justifys a bulletin, and people can come to expect each newsletter. I'm guessing PDF would be the style of choice too, I think most people these days has it on their computers

I've added a second poll question to ascertain the best format to distribute these bulletins/newsletters.

As needed; providing it isn't more than once a week I'm cool.

HTML; I don't like PDF that much for small documents and I can't see why you would need it...

Whatever you end upoing, please don't make it an abdobe acrobat reader file because every time I try to open one, my computer crashes.

Regards, Captain Zuloo ;-)

Edited by Captain Zuloo

It seems PDF is not the way to go! That might be something very important to consider in the future.

It is also a possibility of having two mailing lists, one for those who only want Newsletters and another for those who want a Combination of Bulletins and Newsletters.

A combination in HTML sais I.

A monthly newsletter and a bulletins for important stuff during the month sounds perfectly fine to me.

I'd take HTML for a loading a PDF file could take some time loading on some computers (like mine, for instance), while it's a relatively small file.

Luckily I've just added you to the mailing list Cpt. Pegleg Blockbeard.

It's looking like a monthy newsletter is the best option so far.

A monthly newsletter in .PDF would be great! *y*

No bulletin needed, i think one news thing is enough and enough work as it is also...

(off topic) I like the walking clickable text in top to!

I voted for one month news letters and html emails.

PDF is annoying to me.

P

I voted for HTML and a monthly newsletter. My reasonings:

1. HTML is very convenient. We could read it right in our mailbox. A PDF on the other hand would take a couple more seconds to load. And this matters a lot!

2. A monthly newsletter would be the best option because enough information would be gathered (polls, reviews, contests, MOC's, vingettes, etc) plus it would not clog our inboxes.

Be well guys :)

Sorry I've been M.I.A for a little while, can see you've put huge amount of work into all this Mr. Phes and Co. I think the HTML format is good because it's a bit more exciting and will have more pull to get people to visit more often, a plain e-mail, whilst quicker and easier doesn't help us keep a healthy number of recruits for the forum. PDF takes quite some time though perhaps it would be good to store a history of the bulletins/newsletters on the site in PDF so people could access and download at leisure anything they feel they've missed out on - especially useful for newer folk.

I voted for newsletters/bulletins to be as and when they are felt appropriate, although monthly would be nice and good for the same reasons I have suggested HTML but we all have lives outside the forum and demanding ones at that so I think it's only fair to the folk involved that they not be under any pressure.

I must say what a fantastic job I'm seeing here... *y*

Voted for "monthly" newsletter in "html email format" :-$

Always love to read newsletter related to LEGO, really spice up the interest level. Therefore, i feel it's very encouraging to see this new feature! HTML email format will be ideal since all emails supported this feature without taking up much space and is able to put a punch into the audience! >:-)

Normally I see the threads that's in the bulletins before I recieve the bulletin. But i think they are good anyways. Especially for users who only checks out the site occasionally I think it's brilliant with a monthly newletter/bulletin.

PDF takes quite some time though perhaps it would be good to store a history of the bulletins/newsletters on the site in PDF so people could access and download at leisure anything they feel they've missed out on - especially useful for newer folk.

That option is already available, simply go to Classic-Pirates.com - Archive - Bulletins

I think the HTML format is good because it's a bit more exciting and will have more pull to get people to visit more often, a plain e-mail, whilst quicker and easier doesn't help us keep a healthy number of recruits for the forum.

Always love to read newsletter related to LEGO, really spice up the interest level.
Normally I see the threads that's in the bulletins before I recieve the bulletin. But i think they are good anyways. Especially for users who only checks out the site occasionally I think it's brilliant with a monthly newletter/bulletin.

This is the main reason I want a regular newsletter or bulletin - to maintain interest levels. Not everyone can visit the forum daily so if we send updates then hopefully this will be incentive to return.

thanks for topping thsi post again; ive never seen if before.

I like it monthly, but I think it wont be long (unless you add MOCS, member sales and searches,...)

HTML will do for me. PDF would be better, but I do know of more people who open a PDF file and then their PC crashes, i once had the same problem on my laptop.

I never received a newsletter yet, but then again, I am only a member for about a week now....