Edwin Korstanje

MOC/WIP Iskes Towage & Salvage Telstar build in scale 1:40

Dear friends,

I got a new commission and is a tug again for the tug owner Iskes Towage & Salvage and is a EDDY design tug.

The scale will be around the 1 to 40, with lighting and an open visible engineroom.

This is again a strange tug with two bow's and two enginerooms, also the trusters on this ship stands on the front and end of her.

I started on the superstructure and hope you will like again the WIP stages.

Kind regards,

Edwin

26770217488_03a1e66324_c.jpgtelstar-27 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

27310358398_89712ec199_c.jpgIMG_7488 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

41184390941_da5e4926c1_c.jpgIMG_7486 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

40471693294_e325cca5a3_c.jpgIMG_7485 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

IMG_7489 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

26312051437_2088366fa3_c.jpgIMG_7490 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

Cool, I'll be following this again. I assume tugs never get boring for you, do they? :wink:

7 minutes ago, Ludo Visser said:

Cool, I'll be following this again. I assume tugs never get boring for you, do they? :wink:

Even for me i got boring to build tugs Ludo.:laugh::wink: Lucky this tug have a real challange below the waterline a got two open enginerooms. The next commission is lucky not a tug again and will be my biggest ship ever.

Wow already building another great model, don't you ever take a break? 

Looks fantastic so far, look forward to following your progress. 

5 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Wow already building another great model, don't you ever take a break? 

Looks fantastic so far, look forward to following your progress. 

Thanks, and because LEGO builds are a part of my proffession, that i don't have the time to take a break.

Also my orderbook is already booked complete full to the end of the year.:grin:

13 hours ago, grum64 said:

Another beauty in the making. I look forward seeing it progress.

Thank you my dear friend.

The week was very busy with new requests, quotes and also a repeat project for a set of Royal IHC.
Today I was finally able to continue with the tug, Telstar for Iskes Towage and I made the lighting of the superstructure and was again a lot of fiddling and soldering.
Because the real ship as the first tug has the gangway lights with built-in LED spots that are under the railing, that I have been able to convert a nice translation into LEGO. Tomorrow I am going to work on the mast and the work lighting and hope that I have enough parts in my house to continue well.

40896076964_4c237105b6_c.jpgIMG_7548 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

27737609548_18b32cf97b_c.jpgIMG_7546 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

Very nice! Are you building this one from top to bottom, instead of starting from the hull? Or did I miss something? :wink:

18 minutes ago, Ludo Visser said:

Very nice! Are you building this one from top to bottom, instead of starting from the hull? Or did I miss something? :wink:

For this ship I have chosen to make the superstructure with wheelhouse modular to the hull.
Because there is also a visible engine room at once coming.

Do I have to be able to access it.:wink:

Thanks @LEGO Train 12 Voltsfor the kinds words and the word end is for me the new begin.:grin::wink:

After a great holyday in Thailand, i made some small progress on the Telstar for Iskes Towage. The roof include lightning and mast are standing to. Only some railing, chimney pipes and small details are add to.

41539004354_b424578f5b_c.jpgIMG_7561 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

42260773711_9d4b792a53_c.jpgIMG_7558 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

42260761101_0a82be896e_c.jpgIMG_7568 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

Wondered why I hadn't seen any updates for a little while. Glad you had a good holiday. 

The build's coming on a treat & with the lighting it looks great :thumbup:

7 hours ago, grum64 said:

Wondered why I hadn't seen any updates for a little while. Glad you had a good holiday. 

The build's coming on a treat & with the lighting it looks great :thumbup:

Thanks buddy and three weeks of no building, internet and telefoon cleared my head complete. Also Thailand was extreme beautiful.

Finaly done with the wheelhouse and superstructure on the Telstar tug for Iskes Towage and can start now building the hull with the open engine rooms.

42340034632_21df9702d3_c.jpgIMG_7578 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

42389394981_2cab99d5c2_c.jpgIMG_7569 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

41665653444_01fc885971_c.jpgIMG_7576 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

28515834698_73401cf4e5_c.jpgIMG_7571 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

42340068192_c7c560ae17_c.jpgIMG_7572 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

Wow, the level of detail is amazing. For instance the fact that you have raised the cilinder to indicate that the tug is tugging (?), the handles on the door, etc.

I’m currently building the Lego Technic ship 42064. It looks nice and I enjoy building it, but it is of course not comparable to your work and that of Arjan Oude Kotte.

Amazing. I had to look at that first picture several times before I realised it was your build!

8 hours ago, grum64 said:

Amazing. I had to look at that first picture several times before I realised it was your build!

Thanks buddy and also the owner were i building this ship for must look twice and is complete happy with the result.

After a repeat order from Royal IHC to deliver a new batch for the Bever dredger. I finaly got the time to go on the Tug boat Telstar from Iskes Towage and build one of the two main engine is scale 1 to 40 (minifig scale) and was a hell of a job to build it in this scale a give it just enough details. The two main engines are V16 Mitsubishi S16R2-T2MPTAW. All the engines onboard Iskes his ships are blue, with a lot of bling. So i have let make real chromed bricks to make it real. First a picture from one of the real V16 and my version for his model.1f605.png

42741349981_a70ffeccf1_c.jpg016 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

42741357211_3b2fc9b618_c.jpgIMG_7604 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

42741366391_f5851f9d49_c.jpgIMG_7606 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

42741374571_844f0e9e20_c.jpgIMG_7607 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

Love the engine ... And the fact your including lights ... It does add a very life like feeling ... Only addition would be a green to soft yellow glow from the pilot house when lit.

7 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Love the engine ... And the fact your including lights ... It does add a very life like feeling ... Only addition would be a green to soft yellow glow from the pilot house when lit.

Thanks for the kind words and the reason that there is no interieur light on the wheelhouse is, that inside are so many wires from al the lights above now not seeing from the outside.:wink: