"Peregrin Took, my lad, there is a task now to be done. Another opportunity for one of the Shire-folk to prove their great worth. 
You must not fail me."

Alright, so this will probably be the last time I post any of my old MOCs here, but since I still consider this to be my best ever, I want to show it here. Since it's not only one of the best scenes in Return of the King, but also in the whole Lord of the Rings trilogy, I really wanted to build it, the Lighting of the Beacons.

The project started during the summer of 2017 and finished in October. The rockwork is simple straight up and down with SNOT, and that's something I would have liked to changed now, but back then it was only the 2nd time I had done SNOT rockwork. Other than that I still absolutely love the tower, the bridge and the house integrated into the mountain. 

37571450631_169b89f316_z.jpg

37623951290_cb70a3364f_z.jpg

I hope you like it!

Go check out my Flickr for more LOTR and castle MOCs, norlego

Looks gorgeous, especially the house incorporated in the mountain side. I also really love the rockwork. I never had anything against non-snot builds as it's just how LEGO is. I never really understood people tiling everything they could...

It looks very magnificent.

The landscape and the building are well build.

(your Flickr is nice too)

5 hours ago, jakbar said:

Looks gorgeous, especially the house incorporated in the mountain side. I also really love the rockwork. I never had anything against non-snot builds as it's just how LEGO is. I never really understood people tiling everything they could...

4 hours ago, pantelis said:

Absolutely fantastic moc... I love it!!! :wink:

1 hour ago, Wout said:

It looks very magnificent.

The landscape and the building are well build.

(your Flickr is nice too)

Thank you all very much!

On 3.4.2018 at 5:27 AM, Eurolock said:

Excellent build....and incredibly accurate to the source material. 

Thanks, I appreciate it. I have found a great interest in recreating LOTR scenes in LEGO, therefore I always try to make my LOTR builds as accurate as possible.