VBBN

Eurobricks Glinch Royale Competition (WINNERS ANNOUNCED)

7 hours ago, rodiziorobs said:

As for the contest at hand, I don't own any Galidor, have no plans to acquire any, and am still slightly skeptical this thing is even real--you really could have chosen a better day to announce an actual Galidor contest than April Fools. Heck, some other sites even included this in their roundup of pranks. Yet here we are, three days later still talking about it as if it's real, so either you're playing the long game here, or this is legit. :shrug_confused:

On the contrary, I think April 1st is a great day to have released this contest- anyone who sees this thinks it's an April Fools joke, and with so many April Fools jokes I think "That is so ridiculous and yet I wish it was real." In this case, it is absolutely real, and that's the best part about it. (And to think that @Kingriedak thought the surprise we were planning was just going to be a new review or banner or something :tongue: )

Besides, I wouldn't have said "This is NOT an April Fools joke" only to turn around and actually have it be a joke..there's no fun in that.

I have another question.

One of the rules states that the images cannot exceed 1024x768 pixels in resolution, yet the uploader will only accept a total file size of 0.1 MB. In order to have an image that meets that requirement and results in an acceptable file size, the image ends up being quite small and is hard to make out. If we upload an image via a Flickr URL that happens to be bigger than that size, will we still be disqualified, or is there a level of leeway to that rule?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Constraction Deva said:

I have another question.

One of the rules states that the images cannot exceed 1024x768 pixels in resolution, yet the uploader will only accept a total file size of 0.1 MB. In order to have an image that meets that requirement and results in an acceptable file size, the image ends up being quite small and is hard to make out. If we upload an image via a Flickr URL that happens to be bigger than that size, will we still be disqualified, or is there a level of leeway to that rule?

Thanks!

If you deep link the images you should be fine. The 0.1MB is really for the avatar icons for ones profile. 

For some reason I think it would be hilarious if no one entered this contest, because they thought it was just an April's Fools joke. :laugh: 

On 4/7/2018 at 11:03 PM, Constraction Deva said:

I have another question.

Thanks!

What samurai-turtle said is correct, the .1MB limit is only for images that you directly upload to Eurobricks, which uploads that image to our server (hence why there is a limit.)

Just simply copy and pasting the image will get around that.

Is it allowed to use pieces where the print is removed from.

For example this Star Wars chest piece 
but without all the green and brown printing

21561pb15.png

Got around taking photos and posting my entry! Here it is:

Thanks for this crazy contest! :grin:

I'm guessing the answer's no, but: could the person that gets first or second place opt to swap for one of the lower-place prizes? I want the Bionicle art book way more than either of the other prizes, and while I doubt I'll place high enough for it to matter, I'm curious.

On 4/21/2018 at 11:54 AM, Sparky said:

Is it allowed to use pieces where the print is removed from.

For example this Star Wars chest piece 
but without all the green and brown printing

21561pb15.png

Hello, such a change would be the only acceptable form of modification to a piece. Painting, cutting, sculpting etc would not be accepted, however in the case of printed parts there is always the possibility that printing was worn off of a part or misprinted to be missing the print in the first place, so we would allow this to be custom removed if you so choose as we would not be able to know if you custom removed that print or not.

On 4/27/2018 at 8:44 AM, TuragaNuva said:

I'm guessing the answer's no, but: could the person that gets first or second place opt to swap for one of the lower-place prizes? I want the Bionicle art book way more than either of the other prizes, and while I doubt I'll place high enough for it to matter, I'm curious.

After winners are chosen and prizes are shipped, it is up to you if you want to swap with another winner, we are not here to tell you what to do with your prize. However my assumption would be that initially whatever prize you win is what you would receive and you would need to coordinate with the other winners after the fact as these are coming from Lego.

Okay now for an announcement, I am extending the deadline of this competition by a week to a new end date of May 6th. With the initial release date of this contest being April 1st, many people lost out on a week of building because they were still unsure as to if this contest was even real. So here's another week to make even more entries, throw something together if you still haven't, or modify any previous entries you may have already submitted. It's up to you what to do with the time, but the contest will officially close at 12:00 AM EST on May 7 and voting will commence for the following week and a half.

Thanks to everyone who entered! Submission deadline ended at 12:00 AM EST this morning; I will now be working on preparing the voting threads

And the votes are in!

Here's the category A breakdown (Note: only entries that got votes are displayed here.)

40383561790_0ac90cd8ca_z.jpg

Category B:

40383561550_f62bb8b9c6_z.jpg

Now we tally up the votes and the winners are...
40383561510_82391fe36b_z.jpg

Congrats to @The Secret Walrus, @logeybear, and @Lt. de Martinet ! Please send me your addresses to be passed on for shipping info as soon as possible. And thank you to everyone who entered and voted in the competition!

Congratulations to the winners, there's been  a lot of crazy and creative entries, that was really fun to see. While I ultimately voted for @logeybear's  Creature From Beyond in the Category A,  I have to say @Ballom Nom Nom's Devout of the Order of Abiding Cushioning gave me a good laugh, it's such a daft concept ! :laugh:

Congrats to the winners!

For the rest of us, I hope we all had a fun time with this contest. It was a blast to see everyone's submissions!