With the cheap meat available around Mesabi Landing, it was fairly obvious that something had to be done with that. Realising that setting up just a grill wouldn't be too interesting - it had been done many times before - James Hred decided it would be best to do something nobody had done before in this city - why not cook the meat while it was rotating? This would cause an issue - all the grease would drop into the fire. To prevent that, he decided to set up the rotating part vertically. But wait, there is no vertical fire that would evenly heat the meat - the meat now has to be heated by metal rods that were heated to glowing red in an oven nearby. A pretty involved procedure, just to make some fancy cooked meat that can be cut off the roll...

40039037164_5df986c5b2_b.jpg

Here you can see a bit more of the procedure - a young boy is turning a winch, which is in turn turing a belt which rotates the meat. Another assistant picks up the glowing red metal rods and replaces the ones that have cooled down. James Hred cuts off the good meat and sells it to locals.
40039037514_e4b6899f66_b.jpg 

Now, James has run into an issue - he isn't very creative at naming things. He needs help naming this new technology and hopes it can be simplified in the future - having 3 people work for this seems quite ineffective. If someone were to develop a better solution he is willing to offer a 150 DB reward if it were set up in an Eslandolan Settlement.

Licensed as a small Artisan in Mesabi Landing

Nice scene! great way of showing the process.

How did you connect the quarter round pieces of the oven? I didn't know they could do it like that overlapping one and another.

"Döner macht schöner" German proverb: "Kebab makes beautiful".

Great backstory! I like how the rod actually looks red hot. The poor boy has to turn the meat all day?!

Edited by Wardancer

On 3/30/2018 at 10:50 PM, gedren_y said:

Shawarma McDonald's? :laugh:

:pir-laugh:

On 3/30/2018 at 10:54 PM, Drunknok said:

:thumbup:

Excellent build, and a great story too. I'm lovin' it, so to speak. :pir-grin:

Thanks!

On 3/31/2018 at 12:00 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

Great looking build! I like the way you designed the roof over the meat.

Thanks! Glad you noticed the roof, it is the reason this build is a thing :pir-laugh:

On 3/31/2018 at 1:52 AM, Phred said:

Nice work.  I love the roof. :pir-classic: 

On 3/31/2018 at 5:48 AM, Roadmonkeytj said:

Nice little vendor stand ... Reminds me of the lamb spit for making gyeros

Thanks!

On 3/31/2018 at 3:11 PM, Bart said:

Nice scene! great way of showing the process.

How did you connect the quarter round pieces of the oven? I didn't know they could do it like that overlapping one and another.

Thanks! It is the old variant of the round quarter piece: 
3063.png

On 3/31/2018 at 3:49 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Rotating meat? How strange - who would ever eat that? :pir-laugh:  :thumbup:

On 4/2/2018 at 5:49 AM, Andy98 said:

Love it! Great use of droid arms lol!

Thanks!

20 hours ago, Wardancer said:

"Döner macht schöner" German proverb: "Kebab makes beautiful".

Great backstory! I like how the rod actually looks red hot. The poor boy has to turn the meat all day?!

Yeah, how else would you have it heated evenly?

2 minutes ago, Spud The Viking said:

A nice little build, that roof turned out great! Those WTC soldiers will eat anything it seems :pir-grin:

Go and try to feed them anything that doesn't come from a horse... :pir-laugh: There is a reason I had to buy the meat locally.

Reminder - if anyone brings this concept further, making the whole process more efficient, there is a 150DB prize for that if built in an Eslandolan Settlement!

Fantastic little build, and a great addition to Mesabi Landing. The build is incredibly inventive, and well built. Keep up the great work! :thumbup: