Spud The Viking

[COR-FB] King's Harbour Vineyard

Small Plantation: Footprint 1024 studs in King's Harbour

With the success of the Royal Ball in King's harbour, the Corrington military was still on full alert until most of the guests had safely left.

One patrol route traveled through a small vineyard.

39308156970_dd4442a557_c.jpg

39308165530_acfbc1e877_c.jpg

26245612707_cd5517fb74_c.jpg

39308166930_4dc6024bdb_c.jpg

39308164390_81e1fd956e_c.jpg

The grapes that were harvested were put into a press and the pulp is collected. This is then transported elsewhere to be refined into fine wine. 

39308163010_74e3b54820_c.jpg

26245601647_0e989fef82_c.jpg

___

A small build mainly to keep things running. Life has been really hectic so I have had the base of this build sitting for more weeks than I'd like to admit.

Comments most welcome.

Edited by Spud The Viking

Very nice kolom of marching soldiers, I like how they are coming down a hill, it gives the whole build more depth.
The grapevines are very well build, good thinking of putting them diagonal across the base, and a excellent choice of colour.

21 minutes ago, Bart said:

Very nice kolom of marching soldiers, I like how they are coming down a hill, it gives the whole build more depth.
The grapevines are very well build, good thinking of putting them diagonal across the base, and a excellent choice of colour.

Thank you. The vines are basic but they do the job well.

1 minute ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Very nice looking build Spud! As bart said, the troops marching down the hill is really clevor! Great job overall!

Thanks. Who doesn't like troops marching?

I like the way you showed the grapes, and the posing of the various workers. The army is excellently posed and in step. I have to agree with the above comments that the dynamic sloping terrain really adds to this build. Great job getting a build done during the business of life. 

Well done on the drummer i can hear the dredge in my head ... The press is what caught my eye ... Very well built

On 3/30/2018 at 8:12 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Nice vinyard and great press

20 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

I like the way you showed the grapes, and the posing of the various workers. The army is excellently posed and in step. I have to agree with the above comments that the dynamic sloping terrain really adds to this build. Great job getting a build done during the business of life. 

18 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Well done on the drummer i can hear the dredge in my head ... The press is what caught my eye ... Very well built

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. You may see that drummer in the future at some point since I like the build :pir-grin:

Nice troops and great drummer! How is that drum held in place?

I really like the landscaping and the vines are looking great - it is amazing how angling something outside the lego 90 degree angles can add to a build.

My only suggestion would have been to show the soldiers in different stages of marching through the field. (first a few, then them all, then the last) Right now, all the angles show the same posing. It would take some more posing and planning, but it would have been cool to see some more movement in the build.

Overall, very nice! I trust Corlander wine will soon rival its Olean counterparts! ;)

Nice build, and great way to include these redcoats in a rural scene, I especially like the drummer.

This is truly an excellent build! I really like how well you portrayed the vines and grapes (I'm surprised to see so many purple 1x1:s). Add to that the press and other equipment it's just perfect!

You've also done a good job with the uneven ground, it looks very natural, and the fig posing!

Great vineyard Spud, and to answer your question, everyone loves marching soldiers - especially redcoats! :pir_laugh2:

As others have commented, placing the vines on an angle and building up the terrain really make sure this MOC, great job!

On 4/1/2018 at 8:43 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Overall pretty fine :thumbup:

19 hours ago, Bodi said:

Nice build, and great way to include these redcoats in a rural scene, I especially like the drummer.

13 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Great vineyard Spud, and to answer your question, everyone loves marching soldiers - especially redcoats! :pir_laugh2:

As others have commented, placing the vines on an angle and building up the terrain really make sure this MOC, great job!

Thanks!

22 hours ago, Bregir said:

Nice troops and great drummer! How is that drum held in place?

I really like the landscaping and the vines are looking great - it is amazing how angling something outside the lego 90 degree angles can add to a build.

My only suggestion would have been to show the soldiers in different stages of marching through the field. (first a few, then them all, then the last) Right now, all the angles show the same posing. It would take some more posing and planning, but it would have been cool to see some more movement in the build.

Overall, very nice! I trust Corlander wine will soon rival its Olean counterparts! ;)

I appreciate the constructive feedback :thumbup:

Here's how the drum is held in place;

39368944940_d1ba0ff94b_z.jpg

Fantastic build Spud, your plantation is fantastic. Special props to the Drummer though, I would never have thought of doing that. Keep up the great work!