Sign in to follow this  
Hersbrucker

[MOC] Kaliphlin flying Tradesman

The idea seems really cool, but I think that the coulours don't mix very well especially the blue and the brown at the backside of the boat and the stand for the steering wheel. The sword at the back, dragon head, crosssbows and heavy armoured crew can be misleading as it's not supposed to be a warship, but then I guess that Kaliphin and Nocturnus are not very safe places so that's ok :wink:. I also really like the idea of balast at the sides.

I like the ship! Looks Classic lego to me and Also Warcraft twist to it! 

For me its a little to modern but we all like different?

Nice little ship with a classic feeling to it.

Perhaps a little bit too steampunk for the Guilds, but, as it is a Kali vessel, it can fit this Guild better than another one.

On 1.4.2018 at 4:27 PM, jakbar said:

The idea seems really cool, but I think that the coulours don't mix very well especially the blue and the brown at the backside of the boat and the stand for the steering wheel. The sword at the back, dragon head, crosssbows and heavy armoured crew can be misleading as it's not supposed to be a warship, but then I guess that Kaliphin and Nocturnus are not very safe places so that's ok :wink:. I also really like the idea of balast at the sides.

Yes, maybe I will change the colours in Future. At this time I liked it to use the guild colours

On 1.4.2018 at 8:44 PM, de Gothia said:

I like the ship! Looks Classic lego to me and Also Warcraft twist to it! 

For me its a little to modern but we all like different?

I think it is a good mix for GoH and not to much technics

On 3.4.2018 at 1:25 PM, Faladrin said:

Nice little ship with a classic feeling to it.

Perhaps a little bit too steampunk for the Guilds, but, as it is a Kali vessel, it can fit this Guild better than another one.

Yes, my first Idea was a Steampunk look, and it fit good to the Dwarfs of Kaliphlin.

Though I'm not very fond of more "modern" MOCs, I like this one. It looks perfectly shaped to sell some Kaliphlinite spices in the darklands... :thumbup:

While the ship looks steampunk, it looks to still be able to fit in the medieval theme of Historica. I like the mix of blue, brown, and red on the ship, but I think the wings are a nice touch to it. The dragon head and the mechanism at the top are good as well. 

It does have a vibe coming strongly from the early nineties castle themes, like a cross between the Black Knight colors and Fright Knights style with all of the dragon wings. I am not sure how well it fits into the aesthetic of the Guilds, though, as flying things besides creatures are generally seen as toeing the line (or crossing it, sometimes). I think that some lore behind it to justify its inclusion would be good (like: "The dwarves of Kaliphlin have harnessed the soul of the blackstone and compelled it to drive them through the sky through strictly controlled magics and carefully guarded secrets). The color scheme could be simplified and refined, I think, as it is a bit all over the place right now. That being said, it is a nice looking fantasy airship.