Leif

Flyblocks drone - Lego aftermarket?

I think this product was mentioned in another thread.  Looks like fun, but I'm not sure you can build many other models.  The limitation will be the additional weight that can be carried by the 6 motors.  I don't find this info on their website.

I'm doubting that it is aftermarket LEGO. On the time lapse of the model, there is a 5 x 5 square plate? I think that they make the parts themselves.

The flyblocks one cropped up on my social media feed the other day and so I ordered one out of curiosity.  I might do a little review for you guys when it arrives.  I've got pretty low expectations for this but there might be some fun to be had with it. 

I have some experience with the Flybrix drone. In short: the load capacity is essentially non-existent, and the drone is impossible to really control. What happens isn't so much flying as semi-controlled crashing into things. I was trying to discuss the problem with the manufacturer, but never got a solution. Essentially, the drone is extremely sensitive to everything and slightest movement of your finger sends it crashing into a wall. I've been testing it for weeks and I've had lots of experience with larger drones, and I don't think I ever got more than 4-5 seconds of air time in one go.

Edited by Sariel

I was going to mention that you were doing a review, Sariel. But, it sounds like the set is a mixed bag at best. Are you going to do an actual review? If the quality is lacking, it might be a good thing, if only to warn people about what they are getting into.

I'd rather not make the review without some kind of a final word from the manufacturer, and I don't seem to be getting one.

Well that's a pretty cool addition to the Lego "aftermarket". Looks like a fun project to play around with.