After being forced out of his home by the Kaliphlin Civil War Badr the Botanist fled the capital, and took refuge by an oasis, the perfect place to continue his work. He lived a lonely life, but he was at peace. That is until a messenger from his former university stumbled upon his simple abode.

38891211390_cd9dd4076d_z.jpg

Finally he builds for Kaliphlin! Fist official build of the year, I built this in early February, but only got round to posting it now because of school (and trying to stretch out my builds to make it look like I post regularly. A new sub-genre for me and I thought it was about time I branched out.

Also two things have arrived in the mail (a while back now but till of great importance).
a) Kingdom Come: Deliverance, look it up if you haven't heard of it. It has become my number 1 game and if you love anything medieval, you should consider this game. I mean it doesn't only look amazing, but the game play is great as well.

b) I finally used up my CBC prize and got some Brickwarriors stuff, which has given me some much needed inspiration. I don't love using custom stuff, but when trying to make stuff realistic, its kinda a must have.

C&C needed and hope you enjoy :)

Edited by The Maestro

Very nice build. I like how you made the patch of land. That's really something different - and gives it a lot of texture. The vegetation and the slightly overgrown roof look great too. :classic:

Nice little build.  The house on stilts is simple and clean.  The landscape is neat.  Nice figs too.  

Great little build, love the stilts idea!  Nice contrast between the green of the oasis and the sand around.  Great details on the house porch too! :thumbup: 

Seems like the wicked wizard living in a not-so-stable-looking construction also works in other guilds! Although the house seems a bit rectangular, especially when compared to your Avalonian towers, I really like it! The surroundings are nice as well, quite cool how you managed to squeeze a palmtree in without using the palm leaves :thumbup:

Very nice, TM! Though it is a bit too sparse for you! Where are the extreme textures and wonky angles? The base is my favorite part of it, though the rest of it looks good, too. I do think that different leaves on the palm tree would be better, but that is small. 

Fantastic, simple but elegant. I love creations such as this which prove you don't have to have a giant MOC to make a really fine one. Everything is great here, the color, composition and techniques (the light shining through the boards of structure, though perhaps unintended, are a great effect!). The grass under and in front of the structure is great, as if the shade the building creates allows plants to grow in what would otherwise be a scorched, lifeless environment. 

The only suggestion I could share is to increase the depth of field of your photography (using a smaller aperture) to increase the sharpness of the photograph's foreground. Otherwise, flawless!

Very cool stilt structure :thumbup: The chest lid as a flower box on the porch is a neat design, and I like your palm tree technique that manages to avoid using the typical palm tree leaf elements. Excellent irregular sandy base too :classic: