My entry for the LEGO House Rebrick contest. Upon seeing the categories, I knew I wanted to create a landscape – the question was, what kind? After much deliberation, (and even a couple of failed starts), I decided on doing a serene winter forest. I tried to create a deep, fluffy feeling for the snow, which I think ended up working very well. The icy trees are something I’ve wanted to try for a while now too – let me know what you think of them!

Credit for the idea of using light yellow in the path goes to Mark Erickson, and his Northward Bound build. Inspiration for the fox design goes to Markus, to Balbo for the squirrel design, and Dathil for the deer head.

39264510430_58faac5080_z.jpg

26202144767_19a3e5ce76_z.jpg

40364238224_217c933c5b_z.jpg

40364232404_1b5dd04c1f_z.jpg

More pictures on Brickbuilt.
Thanks for looking, C&C welcome :classic:

Amazing, everything is very detailed especially the trees. I Love the fact that You've actually used brick-made animals and not the pre-modeled ones. The pathway also blends nicely with the terrain.

PS. what are the little flame-like things on some trees? and... are deer's horns made of minifig arms? Interesting... and scary! :wink:

EDIT: I've just seen that they are birds, didn't notice at first glance...

Edited by jakbar

Only one reply?! This is one of the best Rebrick entries so far! The ice effect is very easy but amazingly effective! The snow isn't to mention is beautiful, I really love the brick-built animals too! Best of luck! :classic: :thumbup:

Edited by LegoModularFan

Wow fantastic landscaping! The snow and path are perfect!

love the deer and what you did with the trees, I like that a lot.

the titel of this piece describes the look and feel of the MOC nicely, great work!

The coloring in this is just magnificent! Great choice to go with light bley rockwork, as opposed to dark bley! Love the frost in the trees too

Beautiful! I really like this build! The snow and the trees are awesome! Nice work!

Absolutely wonderful. Good luck in the contest! I like the clear 1x1 round pieces to look like snow or ice on the trees. I'll have to add some to my next pieces order. It may be a common idea, but I'm just coming out of my dark ages... :)