US Event: Brickworld

A basic Question  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will You be going?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

bw08-logo.png

Planning for Brickworld 2008 is well underway. We have expanded presentations to two meeting rooms to provide more opportunities for registered attendees to share & learn from each other.

It is your participation that will help make Brickworld 2008 an even better event than it was in 2007. If you are interested in sharing through a presentation or leading a roundtable discussion for a 50 minute session, please submit a comment through the Brickworld website.

We appreciate all the community does to make Brickworld an event with something for everyone.

We look forward to seeing you in Chicago!!!

Regards, the Brickworld Team

Brickworld will be held June 19-22, 2008 at the Westin North Shore Hotel in Wheeling, IL (a suburb of Chicago).

visit the Brickworld Web Site Here

(Thanks to Lugnet for that quote)

Hope to see you there! Remember, It's a US event.

Good Grief...why do they always plan so many different conventions for Chicago. Just because something in in the relative middle of the US doesn't mean it's the easiest or cheapest city to get to :-P

I wish I could go! Unfortunately, I live over here in New Zealand. X-D

~Peace

Good Grief...why do they always plan so many different conventions for Chicago. Just because something in in the relative middle of the US doesn't mean it's the easiest or cheapest city to get to :-P

Are you saying O'Hare is a hassle? :-P

Already investing in a vacation this year. Sowwie.

Unless, of course, you wanna cover my expenses? Eh? I'll be your best buddy ;-)

I shall cover them in LEGO. ;-)

I know of three other EB members besides me who will be there. Speak up, folks! Who's coming to Chicago? :sweet:

I know of three other EB members besides me who will be there. Speak up, folks! Who's coming to Chicago? :sweet:

Ok, ok!

I'm going!

:grin:

I'll only be there on Saturday with my wife.

We're not going to stay in a hotel or anything.

Just gonna drive there in the morning and head home at night.

I just signed up. I'll be there with Batman MOCs and 3 kids in tow.

Both myself and Will Chapman will be there and are eager to meet up with everyone. Another incentive to come to BW: brand new, never-before-seen BrickArms accessories will be debuting there! It's some really cool stuff, and I think more than a few people will be surprised by them.

There's also the new Brickforge items that might make an appearance - I'm personally really excited about the Roman accessories Armothe has teased us with.

Are you saying O'Hare is a hassle? :-P

Ah, the advantages of living close to Midway ;)

badger

I wish I could go! Unfortunately, I live over here in New Zealand. X-D

~Peace

Same here... wish I could go but no budget for the trip. Maybe next year? I'm also going to miss the NMRA Convention in Anaheim, CA this July which really sucks. Maybe I'll just console myself with a day trip to Legoland CA sometime this summer. Anyone care to join me?

Same here... wish I could go but no budget for the trip. Maybe next year? I'm also going to miss the NMRA Convention in Anaheim, CA this July which really sucks.

You can't be serious.

I have been trying to manipulate my way into going to this event for 6 months, but not going to be able to. :sad: Hopefully, I can attend my first Lego event soon enough. Until then, I want to know how much fun this actually is so that I can have more ammunition for next time. :laugh:

I will be there also, but I will be around on Thursday and Friday (19th and 20th). I'm going to have to work on Saturday and Sunday so at least I can attend some sessions and hopefully meet some of you.

I've just finished putting together a few minifig displays; hopefully I'll have time tomorrow and Weds to get a few more set up. I'd like to display as much of my collection as possible, but it might be tight.

Also, if you see someone walking around the BW floor wearing a pouch that says "Magic Bag of BrickArms", that'd be me. Please feel free to walk up and introduce yourself as a member of the EB forums. You never know what special items might be lurking in my bag! :wink:

badger

I made it to brickworld for Saturday only.

It was awesome :sweet:

I found this guy there who made Brickzone.net :thumbup:

He had all these Fabuland MOCs there.

He even gave me his autograph! :grin:

Autograph.png

I found Copmike (left) and Hinckley (right) there.

CopMike-n-Hinck1.png

I also found Copmike (left) and Hinckley (right) there too. :laugh:

CopMike-n-Hinck2.png

(clicky :tongue: )

It was awesome to meet Hinckley, Copmike, Brick Miner, ellerb, and...

...and there was someone else.

I think it began with an R and ended with a number. :look:

I can't believe i forgot his name. :blush:

I'm the worst person ever! :pir_bawling:

The MOCs there were awesome!

And so were the ppl. :thumbup:

I think it began with an R and ended with a number. :look:

R2-D2? :grin:

Looks like you guys had fun, I'm so jealous! :wub: I hope I can attend an overseas event someday.. :sceptic:

I'm so jealous! :wub: I hope I can attend an overseas event someday.. :sceptic:

Me too! :sweet:

To get to the EB event. :classic:

IT WAS ME!!!!

I seriously need to make an avatar!

I met Hinckley, Copmike, Phred, Brickadier General, Armothe (Brickforge), & Badger and Will (Brickarms), and a few others.

Next year, I am staying at the hotel, 40 minutes is a long time when you want to hang out and B.S. with everyone.

Funny Story!

Saturday eveninig, LEGO Woodfield held a special sales event for Registered Brickworld Attendees. There were many, many, many, MANY damaged box items that were all about 50% off. The important thing to know is that when those doors opened at just before 9:30 pm, it was a mad dash of elbows and arms!!!! Everyone was pushing off of everyone else to get to the UCS Millenium Falcons, Sandcrawlers, Green Grocers and Hoth Rebel Bases!!!!

HUMAN LEGO CARNAGE IS REALLY AMUSING!!!

Anyway, Brickworld '08 was fantastic. I put together online names with real faces, got some building advice, saw some awesome MOCs, and I think I made a few new friends!

Looking forward to '09 already!

Damn!!! I missed it(I hope its in my hometown again next year), I had a Bat mitzvah in Miami. And Hinckly, mind the profanity.

Damn!!! I missed it(I hope its in my hometown again next year), I had a Bat mitzvah in Miami. And Hinckly, mind the profanity.

mind yourself. :tongue:

IT WAS ME!!!!

Hi Stash! :blush:

Nice new title! :thumbup:

Next year, I am staying at the hotel, 40 minutes is a long time when you want to hang out and B.S. with everyone.

Me too!

5 hours is way too far to drive. :grin: