Image result for lego leicester square minifigure

Hello Eurobricks! I am Lester and I live in the fine city of London. However, I am about to embark on something of an:

Lester3.png

I will be travelling around the world! Encountering all sorts of terrain, conquering deserts, exploring jungles and travelling far and wide. To do that I will need some pretty tough vehicles. That is where you come in. Members of Eurobricks, I challenge you to design me a vehicle to make my journey. 

In reward, I will come and visit the winning vehicle in person! So what do you say? Does anyone have the perfect thing in mind?

Oh yes, where are my manners... The runners up will receive a rather spiffy hat for their profile - tag-tophat.png tag-tanhelm.png tag-jthat.png tag-bowler.png

The rules are as follows:

• One entry per member.
  • Entries should be no larger than these examples: 

Image result for lego scorpion trackerImage result for lego pharaoh's quest cursed cobra.

Anything reasonable in between the two, they do not have to be as long or as wide. As tall or as low. Just take these two as the sort of scale expected for the contest. I'm looking for details, features and design, not sheer scale.

• Entries should be new (never posted anywhere previously).
  • All entries are to include only real LEGO. No clone brands, 3rd party parts, or digital entries allowed.
  • Decals will be allowed if you've made them yourself, but no cutting, sculpting or modifying parts.
  • Entries are to be placed in their own entry topic in the Action and Adventure Themes forum. The title of the topic should begin with [Lester] and then give the name of the entry.
  • The entry post (first post in your entry topic) may be edited at any time up to the end of the contest, so feel free to make improvements if you wish.
  • Entries are to consist of no more than 3 posted pictures of 1024x768 pixels or smaller resolution but may also include a link to a folder of additional images of any size. The first picture will be used for your entry in the voting thread.
  • Photos of your creation can be manipulated with Photoshop for levels, proportions and colour correction but may not include graphic enhancements.
  • We reserve the right to disqualify any entry that does not follow these rules.
  • Winners will be decided by public vote

This contest will run from now until 12:00 GMT+1 (British Summertime) on April 30th.

And just to clarify, yes, first place will win an actual physical Lester Minifigure, only available at the London Leicester Square LEGO Store. 

Nice, a contest! :sweet: The choice of size is interesting, it's nice for those with limited bricks or time to devote. I'll try to do an entry!

Great contest idea Peppermint_M!  I definitely want to participate in this. :sweet:

One question though:  The vehicle I have in mind is going to be a few studs longer than the red Jake Raines truck.  Is that okay?

Edited by Sci-FiFleetAdmiral

1 hour ago, Sci-FiFleetAdmiral said:

One question though:  The vehicle I have in mind is going to be a few studs longer than the red Jake Raines truck.  Is that okay?

Same question here- is there any absolute limit on size, or are a few studs here and there OK?  I really like the idea of the contest for a small and rugged vehicle so I get the need to rein it in so people don't get carried away.  :wink:

This is a great contest. Too bad I am not working on a Adventurers landscape right now. :tongue:

I'll what pops up in my head.

Edited by sander1992

8 hours ago, Sci-FiFleetAdmiral said:

a few studs longer

6 hours ago, deraven said:

any absolute limit on size

Okay, a few studs here or there are okay. A little extra length from features like exhaust pipes, bumpers etc is fine, a half track would be a little wider and choosing larger wheels would certainly push it out too.

I want something in the spirit of those two vehicles that is also accessible to a lot of members. 

I will post a heads-up to anyone who is pushing their luck :wink:

Where has this contest been my whole life?!? :wub: It's a shame I'm separated from my Lego collection until April 28, otherwise I definitely would have made an entry. In any case, I can't wait to see other user's entries to the contest.

Hi Pep,

Not too many things pull me into LEGO these days, but what a GREAT idea for a contest.  Looking forward to seeing all the wonderful and creative entries.

Nice job on the banner - let me dust off an old image of my Scorpion Tracker... yep, here she is (note: not an entry but the official set):

7864742396_277fc37b57_o.jpg

LEGO Scorpion Tracker (color) by Western Outlaw, on Flickr

Good to see you around Outlaw! Hope the entries hit the standard we are looking for and thanks for that cool photo. 

As for the banner, :blush: thanks, there is not much I can do on Photoshop but I do enjoy banners.

I would love to enter but LDD entries aren't allowed and I don't think all the parts in my digital model exist in real life.

XXXXXXXXXXX Another contest discriminating digital builders! And I had just the cool vehicle for the contest... :angry:

Edited by Jim
Removed profanity

2 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

XXXXXXXXXXXX Another contest discriminating digital builders! And I had just the cool vehicle for the contest... :angry:

Please watch your language. That's not necessary at all.

Other than that; the contest is not about building big, so you should be able to build the actual model.

@Jim, I'm sorry for my foul language, but I'm sick and tired of this LDD user oppression, so please don't patronize me, that doesn't help to calm me down. Besides, the scale doesn't matter, because, currently, I HAVE NO BRICKS on my person anyway, if not to count a couple of Pirate themed MOCs. So what am I supposed to do with that? a bloody rowboat? I don't even have a pair of wheels! Why won't there be for once, a digital contest on this sodding website? Where I cant truly unfurl the wings of my imagination and creativity, and not have to deal with such petty nuisances like not having any bricks to build? You all think it's so sodding easy, "just go grab some bricks and build you idiot, durrr, go order some from Bricklink you twat, hurr" I have NO bricks, and NO money to spend it on bricks. LDD is currently my only outlet for Lego related activity, so is (I presume) for @Takanuinuva, and other. digital MOCers This is just not fair. Does it hurt to add a new, separate "Digital" cathegory for the entries? You may close my threads, you may ridicule and treat me like a piece of garbage, but you can't, YOU WON'T silence me. For I speak in the name of other digital builders. I will not tolerate this kind of appartheid, Lego bricks should connect it's fans, not divide!

I have a few questions:

What vehicle are you looking for: Is he traveling the world with one vehicle, or can the vehicle be good for a specific terrain location?

Does it have to be period specific?

@Eggyslav

The way Ive always understood it (beyond my time here) is that LDD is not shunned but ANY contest giving a PHYSICAL prise must be built in physical bricks .... Im sure they can send you a LDD file of LESTER if you insist on there being a LDD subcontest.  Im not Paytronizing as theres awesome creations in LDD but physical prises mean physical bricks .... Theres nothing stoping you from designing in LDD then ordering the bricks ...

@Roadmonkeytj: YES, LDD is shunned (and it's users are treated like dirty plebes, I made a whole thread abou it, before it was closed), YES you are patronizing me and treating with contempt (you say you don't, but actually you do, don't deny it, I know you are), and YES, there is something stopping me: LACK OF FUNDS. MONEY. CASH. MOOLAH. And your train of thought is wrong and dumb and so monumentally asinine on so many levels it makes me angry. Just Think for a moment, What kind of prize would be a digital model? OF A MINIFIGURE? I can make one myself, thank you. And it's not about the Prize, It's about how me, and other LDD-only builders are mistreated and shunned. WHY-OH-WHY is it so difficult for you people to understand the plight and struggle of poor LDD users... Just imagine, you got your bricks taken and hidden away, you try to be a part of this community, you share your LDD creations, but no one even bothers to look at your MOC. How does that feel? You feel like trash, nobody likes you, you are just a dumb LDD peasant no one cares about. OK Rant over, go over your lives folks, nothing to see here, I'M DONE.

Edited by Eggyslav

@Eggyslav I am all in favor of hearing people's opinion and I want to be sympathetic towards your LDD stance, but your tone of voice isn't really helping in this case. I suggest you cool down a bit. Otherwise we do need to have a word in private.

Sure man, I'm really, really, REALLY sorry for my agressive and non-comformist demeanor, It's just that I get triggered everytime LDD users are ignored and alienated, but now that I let all my steam vent off, I'm cool. I can assure you, good sir, that I will act nice now. Have a nice contest and good luck everyone, while this brickless unfortunate (aka. me), will go back to his smelly cave in LDD ghetto.

Edited by Eggyslav

I will discuss the possibilities for a future LDD permitted contest :thumbup: 

6 hours ago, legoman19892 said:

I have a few questions:

What vehicle are you looking for: Is he traveling the world with one vehicle, or can the vehicle be good for a specific terrain location?

Does it have to be period specific?

You can work for either if you want to. Make something rugged to tackle the whole journey or choose a terrain and create a vehicle. I want to see all kinds and Lester wants a good selection to choose from! 

2 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

@Eggyslav

The way Ive always understood it (beyond my time here) is that LDD is not shunned but ANY contest giving a PHYSICAL prise must be built in physical bricks .... Im sure they can send you a LDD file of LESTER if you insist on there being a LDD subcontest.  Im not Paytronizing as theres awesome creations in LDD but physical prises mean physical bricks .... Theres nothing stoping you from designing in LDD then ordering the bricks ...

That is exactly my thoughts on the matter. A physical reward requires an IRL build. I am afraid that Takanuinuva somewhat hit on the exact reason why also: Digital builds include parts that do not exist in the LEGO palette. (as much as we want some elements/colours). It would be unfair to physical builders if someone could draw and render a build with parts that do not exist. 

For my Tag Only contests I may just consider digital entries. 

2 hours ago, Eggyslav said:

@Roadmonkeytj: YES, LDD is shunned (and it's users are treated like dirty plebes, I made a whole thread abou it, before it was closed), YES you are patronizing me and treating with contempt (you say you don't, but actually you do, don't deny it, I know you are), and YES, there is something stopping me: LACK OF FUNDS. MONEY. CASH. MOOLAH. And your train of thought is wrong and dumb and so monumentally asinine on so many levels it makes me angry. Just Think for a moment, What kind of prize would be a digital model? OF A MINIFIGURE? I can make one myself, thank you. And it's not about the Prize, It's about how me, and other LDD-only builders are mistreated and shunned. WHY-OH-WHY is it so difficult for you people to understand the plight and struggle of poor LDD users... Just imagine, you got your bricks taken and hidden away, you try to be a part of this community, you share your LDD creations, but no one even bothers to look at your MOC. How does that feel? You feel like trash, nobody likes you, you are just a dumb LDD peasant no one cares about. OK Rant over, go over your lives folks, nothing to see here, I'M DONE.

Thats not at all what i was trying to say.  Heres the deal ... I cannot build in LDD have no access to it at all no computer that can even run it currently ... Ive never been one to say you cant build in it ... Its been my experience in other areas of the forum LDD is accepted and I have seen a Digital side contest ... But its always been a physical prise means moc with bricks ... Im not in any wealthy position and only have the bricks I have because Ive collected since 1987.  This is not a cheep hobby ... Trust me.  Its all to easy ... I have over 500USD just in orders to suppliment my bricks on one MOC im working on and its only about 80% done.  

I agree that LDD gets held out of contests ... But instead of throwing a fit contact the organisers and see if theres a way to include the digital ... Even if no prise is given.  This is The way I see it LDD gives you unlimited access to bricks shape and color.  Yes its not always easy and has its own drawbacks and challenges ... It was seen as unfair in the begining ... Your lego collection maybe small but dont let it limit you ... The point of EB is to provide reasons to build and share and improve.  Work hard put a little extra aside buy them on sale ... Lots of little sets add up ... Work towards the creator sets or brick bundles they can be very useful ... Money may be tight but eventually you will have a collection too.  Give it time ... Keep building In LDD keeps you in practice

Frankly I admire LDD builders--I have tried many times but the program frustrates the snot out of me; I can never build anything satisfactory in it. Hats off to you, my good fellow.

@Peppermint_M I am glad to see another mini-contest in the AA subforum, thank you for having it! It's rare I'm able to finish a big MOC in my spare time, let alone meet a deadline on a contest entry, so these side quests are great!

On 3/28/2018 at 2:01 AM, Peppermint_M said:

Okay, a few studs here or there are okay. A little extra length from features like exhaust pipes, bumpers etc is fine, a half track would be a little wider and choosing larger wheels would certainly push it out too.

I want something in the spirit of those two vehicles that is also accessible to a lot of members. 

I will post a heads-up to anyone who is pushing their luck :wink:

I suppose a 6 stud by 17 stud vehicle is too big then?

Edited by legoman19892