Sign in to follow this  
filsawgood

Lego GAZ Tiger SPM-2 (IMV powered by BuWizz)

Hello! I would like to share with you my new work. GAZ "Tiger" (GAZ-233036 or SPM-2). 

It's russian 4x4, multipurpose, all-terrain infantry mobility vehicle manufactured by GAZ, first delivered to the Russian Army in 2006. Primarily used by the Russian Federation's armed forces.

Specifications:

Four-wheel drive
Independent suspension
Open all doors, hood and sunroof
The steering wheel in the car is synchronized with the steering
Row 6-cylinder engine
4 L Motors for Motion
Servo motor for power steering
M motor to winch drive
Power and control implemented by BuWizz 1.0
Weight - 2.3 kg
Length - 50 cm
Width - 20 cm
Height - 20 cm

FIL_1583-2.jpg

FIL_1586-2.jpg

Description:

The model is executed on a scale of 1:11. The project was started in the middle of 2016, but it can be considered completed only now. The model is based on the GAZ-233036 armored vehicle, GAZ Tiger or SPM-2 (special police machine), which can be found in the special forces of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, in particular in the OMON.

0_b76b3_1fb9a6c7_XL.jpg

In the process of construction, the main question was how to force a model that weighs more than 2 kg to go and not crawl like the Lego trial trucks, and indeed most large models weighing more than 1,500 kg. To the aid came BuWizz, the power of which was enough to allow the Tiger to move with the speed of SUVs from the Lego of medium size, while overcoming small obstacles and not adding weight (hello to the big Lego battery packs).
Each axis is driven by separate pairs of L motors with a gear ratio of 2.8 through the open differentials in front and rear.
For the steering is responsible servo motor, running synchronously with the steering wheel in the cabin.
In the front bumper there is a winch, powered by an M motor.
All remote control is via BuWizz 1.0
In the cabin, the front instrument panel is worked out, there are two seats in the front and two benches in the passenger compartment.
The color scheme is printed on self-adhesive paper

More photos:
FIL_1553-2.jpg

FIL_1584-2.jpg

FIL_1604-2.jpg

FIL_1617-2.jpg

FIL_1611-2.jpg

FIL_1620-2.jpg

FIL_1629-246.jpg

FIL_1632-2.jpg

FIL_1638-2.jpg

Now I am modifying the model in the Lego Digital Designer. Maybe someone has something to like, what would be worth changing or adding to it? In my plans to make several modifications.

Edited by filsawgood

Your building style is really to my liking. Using System parts to cover the gaps and for details, really adds a lot to the shape of your car, great work. Also the performance is very good, good job mate!

Nice job replicating the sharp angles, of the vehicle it seems to perform rather well with just 4 L motors. maybe for changes, if possible maybe see if you could add the shallow sloping of the rear windows. Also maybe for the grill protector I think it would work better with the 1x4 curved slopes, for the side and middle parts, as it appears from the photo you posted of the original vehicle, the radiator is completely vertical. 

Wonderfully aggressive, and I love the decals.  In black and chrome it’d be a good Russian mafia vehicle :laugh:

also you’ve photographed it very well indeed, IMO.

nice model and white never look so good till now!!! 

Edited by sirslayer

Thanks all for your answers! The grille is really tilted a little more than in the original, but in another way I could not beat this element because of the chassis design.

Recently decided to return to this work and a little fantasy on the topic of other color solutions. It seems to me, as always, black is the coolest color :)

co3Yp27SwN0.jpg
4hRzHhe5-7U.jpg
Q_4FVKwNTVs.jpg
qBJf2fF78R8.jpg

VZDFJoSIYr0.jpg
w0ypsl2QK7k.jpg

That is beautiful piece, and very accurate replica! :thumbup: 

You might need to add a TAN color scheme too. :classic:

On the first sight it looks great, but I would not be me if I did not find something. From my visual capabilities it looks like front grill and headlights part is to angled in comparison to front part on image that you posted, hm or image of your inspiration does not show it 樂 

Can you post a image that shows how it looks from side, because all what I can find from side view are military versions and i can not see how angled is the front part. Thanks 

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

On the first sight it looks great, but I would not be me if I did not find something. From my visual capabilities it looks like front grill and headlights part is to angled in comparison to front part on image that you posted, hm or image of your inspiration does not show it 樂 

Can you post a image that shows how it looks from side, because all what I can find from side view are military versions and i can not see how angled is the front part. Thanks 

Hi! I already wrote in my previous message that the grille is tilted more than in the original. The thing is that there is a slight inclination on it, but it can not be realized with the help of the lego-technician of the details. And just to do everything at a right angle - it turns out clumsily. Therefore, I resorted to a slightly more liberal interpretation of the first part of the car.
001.png

1 hour ago, filsawgood said:

I was starting to write "my" message but when I was doing that and submitted my post (with several disturbances) you already post this

so it explains everithing :thumbup: