Steamdemon

Does anyone play any musical instruments?

Yes, I've checked, and there are several threads here that are several years old. I do not want to risk necroing them.

What instruments do you play? I play the drums. I've got an electric drum set at home...The Roland V-Drums TD-K1. It's actually a new kit, and I'm really enjoying it. I am teaching myself to play bass as well. I used to play piano. My dad owns several guitars. He has three acoustic guitars, one of them a 12 string. He also has two electric guitars, including an expensive Les Paul. He also has a bass guitar, (the same one I use to practice).

My mum plays the violin.

I do :laugh:

I am currently playing mallet percussion in my local band, and bass guitar. I also play the piano (my first instrument), and I confess that I have always wanted to play the drums.

I studied trumpet for 12 years before finally acknowledging I was terrible at it and I was doing the world of music a favor by locking my horn away in a closet and moving on to quieter pursuits...

I always wanted to learn the piano, but that was my sister's instrument and my folks didn't want to put me in a position where I might be stealing her thunder.  Growing up, I had a habit of mimicking what my big sister was doing and often ended up excelling at things she 'thought' she was good at; it created its fair share of tension at home.  It was frustrating growing up with a piano in the living room and only being able to touch it when no one else was home.

19 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I am currently playing mallet percussion in my local band,

What is that, like a Marimba?

I dabble in Didgeridoo, some percussion stuff, I have a trumpet but I don't know how to play yet. 

I'm only really decent at Ukulele and that's because it's super simple to learn. Hence why it's so popular.

I'd like to get a jaw harp and see what damage I could do with that.

I've played bass guitar, 6 & 12 string guitar, keyboards, drum machines, and modular synth at one time or another in the past.  Some for fun and some for a living.  My favorites at the moment are 12 string guitar and modular synth.

I do! 

I currently play 3 musical instruments: clarinet , piano, and flute. 

On 3/26/2018 at 1:24 PM, ShaydDeGrai said:

I studied trumpet for 12 years before finally acknowledging I was terrible at it and I was doing the world of music a favor by locking my horn away in a closet and moving on to quieter pursuits...

I always wanted to learn the piano, but that was my sister's instrument and my folks didn't want to put me in a position where I might be stealing her thunder.  Growing up, I had a habit of mimicking what my big sister was doing and often ended up excelling at things she 'thought' she was good at; it created its fair share of tension at home.  It was frustrating growing up with a piano in the living room and only being able to touch it when no one else was home.

HAHA! This is funny. Im sorry, dude. 

I can kinda play the drums but living in a block of flats, a drum kit wouldn't go down well with my landlord or my neighbors so buying a drum kit so I can get any good at it ain't an option. I may get an electronic drum kit one day but they ain't as good as a proper acoustic drum kit.