Legoboy22

What to do with stud shooters

Hello everyone, 
I love buying battle packs but as of now, all the battle packs include stud shooters instead of normal blasters. They look rather unrealistic for army building and displays. Also, I don't want to waste time by bricklinking proper blasters every time. Also, I don't want to waste the stud shooters that come in the battle packs. So I added a few pieces to them to make them look like proper blasters. I will post pictures soon as soon as I figure out how to do it on eurobricks. I was also wondering if anyone does the same. If so please post your ideas. 
-Legoboy22

I have done some stuff with stud shooters awhile back, but I destroyed them all ready. What I would do is just google stud shooter mods(I know not the best Idea, but you do get inspiration :wink:) Also for the photos, do you have a flickr or other photo sharing site?

I have a special box that I throw my more-or-less "useless" pieces in. Stud shooters end up in there. I keep them because they might have use some day (I've seen some pretty cool MOCs that use them) and I'm not too hot about throwing away Lego pieces.

14 hours ago, Legoboy22 said:

Hello everyone, 
I love buying battle packs but as of now, all the battle packs include stud shooters instead of normal blasters. They look rather unrealistic for army building and displays. Also, I don't want to waste time by bricklinking proper blasters every time. Also, I don't want to waste the stud shooters that come in the battle packs. So I added a few pieces to them to make them look like proper blasters. I will post pictures soon as soon as I figure out how to do it on eurobricks. I was also wondering if anyone does the same. If so please post your ideas. 
-Legoboy22

I use them as mortars and rocket launchers so try that!

40 minutes ago, Legoboy22 said:

Here are some I made

I think those look quite good given what you're working with as a starting point (would be nice if they were thinner than the stud shooter allows)!  And as a "play feature," if a Jedi cuts the gun in half with their lightsaber you can have the barrel shoot off.  :laugh:

18 minutes ago, deraven said:

I think those look quite good given what you're working with as a starting point (would be nice if they were thinner than the stud shooter allows)!  And as a "play feature," if a Jedi cuts the gun in half with their lightsaber you can have the barrel shoot off.  :laugh:

Thanks! I was limited by the size and of the stud shooters and the color of the pieces I had on hand. I will make some bricklink orders to make some more for the rest of my battle packs.

I don't have many BPs but I also modded these abominations on the Imperial and the Bounty hunter BP, actually, the Bounty hunter weapons are even better looking this way than normal LEGO blasters.

Some of mine are also pretty similar to yours, the one that you have 2 of.

I have tried to do very realistic replicas of Battlefront and other SW game rocket launcher.
In addition, with just a few simple pieces, you get a very nice looking and actually functioning mortar!

I, however, cannot upload any pics at the moment unfortunately, because my bricks are elsewhere,
but I see if I can get any pics at some point.. ^^

Simple description of the mortar:
add the following pieces in the following order and you will get it:
1) Dark bluish gray dish 2x2
2) Black round brick 1x1
3) Black 1x1 plate with those doble sided studs attached to it
4) Black round plate (stud) 1x1
5) Studshooter
6) Round plate (stud) for the ammo. The color can be of your liking, but I prefer black.

Then add the standard Lego levelers to 1x1 modified plate in the middle and voila!

Not as good as a picture would be, but I wont be getting any better one any time sooner.. ^^'

- Samppu

You can use them to create trees. Don't plug the DBL part in the shooter and just create column of shooters. Then pin vegetation and other bars to complete the tree.

On 4/10/2018 at 6:43 PM, Veynom said:

You can use them to create trees. Don't plug the DBL part in the shooter and just create column of shooters. Then pin vegetation and other bars to complete the tree.

that's an interesting idea, I'll have a go at it, see how it looks. Only problem is they are black..