This lego great ball contraption miniloop uses a spinning wheel to lift the balls up onto a set of ramps. Then the balls role down the ramps and back to the start again. I have remade this in lego digital designer but can't find any good way of making PDF instructions from it, any suggestions on how to do this? Exporting the instructions as a HTML building guide does not seem to work very well (it does not show a parts list for each step) the instructions are on reabrickable here.

Lego GBC wheel miniloopLego GBC wheel miniloop

Edited by sawyer klegr
edit so I could link it on rebrickable

As before, many thanks - I will add this to our build list for Speech Day.

The parts for your Lifting Cup Miniloop and Cardan Lift Miniloop have arrived (I haven't yet been able to source the string), and I am hoping to build them over the course of the week.

Unfortunately, producing PDF instructions from LDD is two orders of magnitude beyond my current level of ability.

Regards, Darryl

13 hours ago, dtoerien said:

As before, many thanks - I will add this to our build list for Speech Day.

The parts for your Lifting Cup Miniloop and Cardan Lift Miniloop have arrived (I haven't yet been able to source the string), and I am hoping to build them over the course of the week.

Unfortunately, producing PDF instructions from LDD is two orders of magnitude beyond my current level of ability.

Regards, Darryl

Thanks! hope it will work well for you :) I also have no idea how to properly make instructions from LDD.

Another nice little module. 

For instructions from LDD, it is not easy as far as I know. 

Personally I used LDraw + LPub. It was quite a learning curve and takes time.

Another option is Stud.io from BrickLink. I just finished a model and the tool is quite nice. You can set the steps for instructions in there and then get them once you upload the file to your workplace on BrickLink. 

33 minutes ago, sawyer klegr said:

Thanks! hope it will work well for you :) I also have no idea how to properly make instructions from LDD.

Thank you. Is there any chance that you will remake your simplified Invisible Lift in LDD? I fully understand if not.

9 minutes ago, Minique85 said:

Another option is Stud.io from BrickLink. I just finished a model and the tool is quite nice. You can set the steps for instructions in there and then get them once you upload the file to your workplace on BrickLink. 

Thank you for this advice - I will investigate Stud.io as time is too limited for LDraw, I fear.

7 hours ago, dtoerien said:

Thank you. Is there any chance that you will remake your simplified Invisible Lift in LDD? I fully understand if not.

Thank you for this advice - I will investigate Stud.io as time is too limited for LDraw, I fear.

Thanks, I am not planning on making it in LDD although I am considering trying to make it in miniloop form, if it works I will make that one in LDD. I do have video instructions for it here although they are not the easiest to follow.

Thank you. I might hang on for that, then, if it happens - I was going to try it from the video instructions, but as I'm fairly certain that I don't have all the parts it is likely to be more difficult still.

On 3/27/2018 at 9:11 AM, Minique85 said:

Another nice little module. 

For instructions from LDD, it is not easy as far as I know. 

Ok, thanks, I might try that then :)

I am guessing the instructions video is basically being played in reverse and it actually shows you taking it apart?

On 27/03/2018 at 5:38 AM, sawyer klegr said:

Thanks, I am not planning on making it in LDD although I am considering trying to make it in miniloop form, if it works I will make that one in LDD. I do have video instructions for it here although they are not the easiest to follow.

hello,

I'm nearly done converting Mini Invisible lift video into LDD. Stay tuned on Planet GBC to get it once released (should be somewhere next week, together with some building instructions in PDF format)

To generate nice building instructions from a LDD model, I personaly use bluePrint software:

latest version is v26.

the software is really easy and intuitive to use, free, and powerful.
With some (hours of) rework of what is nativly generated (to place the bricks in the best order for a building), you can have ultra nice PDF file

Polo

5 hours ago, turbopolofr said:

hello,

I'm nearly done converting Mini Invisible lift video into LDD. Stay tuned on Planet GBC to get it once released (should be somewhere next week, together with some building instructions in PDF format)

To generate nice building instructions from a LDD model, I personaly use bluePrint software:

latest version is v26.

With some (hours of) rework of what is nativly generated (to place the bricks in the best order for a building), you can have ultra nice PDF file

Polo

Thank you! this helps a lot, thank you for making PDF instructions for the mini invisible lift too :)

3 hours ago, sawyer klegr said:

Thank you! this helps a lot, thank you for making PDF instructions for the mini invisible lift too :)

I echo these thanks - between the two of you, this almost certainly means that the Mini Invisible Lift will be in the Speech Day display.

Darryl 

9 hours ago, turbopolofr said:

latest version is v26.

Polo

Nice, I got to check that one next time. Thanks for the tip. 

Edited by Minique85