Marxpek

[MOC] Urban "Off Road" Buggy, winner of the Buwizz fast car competition, now with video instructions!

Today I present my Buwizz fast car competition entry, I will let the video do the talking:

Edited by Marxpek

Fun video and creation. Have you thought of the large balloon tires (UCS Tumbler)?  the Unimog tires are fairly heavy and hard. Your suspension is great but softer tires might even help the landings even more. 

19 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Fun video and creation. Have you thought of the large balloon tires (UCS Tumbler)?  the Unimog tires are fairly heavy and hard. Your suspension is great but softer tires might even help the landings even more.

I was not aware they are lighter and softer than the Unimog tires, esp. lighter would be very helpful for jumping, i do not own those tires, but i foresee a few problems:

- they seem bugling out from the rim a lot, most likely they will not fit this frame and steering setup, clearance is at a minimal already (front and back, to compare: the claas wheel will work in the back but not in the front)

- the rounded edges of the tire will probably make the car more likely to roll sideways when cornering fast, (maybe the wider tread compensates?) and i like how it handles right now.

Also ordering them and shooting a new video is not really and option with the 31st as a deadline, the skatepark is always very crowded, i went there once at 07:30 am and once with -9 celsius, that gave me some room to play and shoot some clips. 

It already was a strain on my sleep to build, film and edit it all within the deadline with the little spare time i have, but i'm happy with the result, 

conveniently bumping my topic with pictures and some background information when the voting starts ;) this was supposed to happen 3 weeks ago but some changes where made to the contest so this was delayed as well.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

The most complex about this build was bracing the buggy-motor and the differential in a compact way, i wanted all axles to be double-braced to prevent gear slipping, which is pretty hard with the power of a buwizz and a 90 degree mesh, but it works very well! Looking at the competition using a diff is rare, but since i designed this to be used on asphalt with big tires, it needs a diff, no diff would have been much easier and maybe even faster in a straight line, but i wanted it to be agile as well.

The car is relatively heavy since it is heavily braced in multiple directions, i wanted it to be solid, the only part that ever came off on a severe crash, is a rear wing.

I wanted the car to stand out in color, the orange with yellow details really makes it pop and all the kids in the skate park wanted to play with it, so i think the colors work well for this design.

I also made sure the car was balanced, making sure it will jump straight, the COG is exactly at the hinge point of the rear section, which is the center of the car, making sure it jumps straight and lands on both wheels at the same time.

I realize i am very much the underdog in the competition, not having the amount of followers of other entries by well known builders/youtubers, so if you like my car and video, please consider voting for me so i might end with the last 10!

https://buwizz.com/buwizz-fast-car-competition/

Edited by Marxpek

19 hours ago, Marxpek said:

please consider voting for me so i might end with the last 10!

I have :wink:, and you're currently in second place...

BTW, your new profile pic is great :thumbup:

Edited by mocbuild101

After winning the buwizz competition, i wanted to give back to my voters, viewers and subs and since i cannot buy you all a beer or a cake, i figured: i will do what some people already asked for on my channel, make instructions for the Urban Buggy, so others can enjoy it as well!

So here are the step by step video-instructions for it starting with a speed build. This my first attempt at instructions for something with more then 40 parts, so feedback is always welcomed, i have built it myself with these instructions (i have added more details afterwards) so it is tested and should work fine, if you have questions, of course feel free to ask.

enjoy!

p.s. as promised: once i get the bugatti i will  mod it with a few motors and make it jump the same ramp, stay tuned!

Edited by Marxpek