Hey guys!

I recently build a Technic model of the famous Indominus Rex for my 7-year old son, I wanted you all to see it and let me know what you think.

The requirements were that it's pose able, playable, able to grab a minifig in it's hands, swallow a minifigure whole, and also have a stomach, where quite a lot of minifigs should fit.
And most importantly, the Indominus should be able to poop them out, one by one :laugh: And finally, the tail should be able to hit like a whip, sideways.

Enough talk, I hope the photos will be enough to please you, I have no video of it, as it's a manual model.

P_20180305_231916

P_20180305_232110

P_20180305_232051

P_20180305_232333

P_20180305_232750

P_20180305_233120

P_20180305_233214

P_20180305_233806

P_20180305_234319

As usual, you can see all of the photos on my Flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/braker23/sets/72157692435291251/
Enjoy and have a great day!

Such a funny Rex :laugh: Looks very badass and a bit ugly, but in total you catch all the forms of fearsome dinosaur very well (and with humor)

I like how you used all this panel and even Bionicle parts, good job!

Last photo is my favorite! :grin:

Must be the first Lego model ever to have a functional  bum'ole! :laugh:

Edited by allanp

4 hours ago, allanp said:

Must be the first Lego model ever to have a functional  bum'ole! :laugh:

No, 31031 had a pooping parrot.

Nice dino though, although I don't believe it is for a seven year old. Admit it, you made it for yourself! The poses you've done and the facial expression remind me of the T-Rex in the Ben Stiller movie, Night At The Museum.

Cool model, I built one like this out of system parts back when I was 9 or 10... Nostalgic model for me, I love the beast!

@MAB I was thinking the same thing! Definitely like the one in Night At The Museum!

He rampaged his way to the frontpage :wink: 

38 minutes ago, Jim said:

He rampaged his way to the frontpage :wink: 

OMG! I cannot believe this. This means very much to me, thanks a lot Jim :blush:

To all of you who posted here, I am very glad that you like my Indominus, I will post later today some funny photos from the last RoLUG exhibition.

Looks libe a beast, I never thought that you could do something like that with Technic bricks.I hope Your son will have a blast with it.

My fellow AFOLs also had some laughs, see what they did at the first expo that Indominus was on show :laugh:

IMG-20180316-WA0013

IMG-20180317-WA0010

IMG-20180317-WA0012

IMG-20180317-WA0011

Edited by braker23
Photos were not showing up.

Those poor rabbits. But you have to feed him with something, therefore I understand.

I also like the color of teeth. It seems our Rex has been smoking quite a bit. Even has some rotten ones at the back. I like the attention to funny details. Good work!

Thanks for sharing such a unique moc.  I can see how much fun you had with creating and showcasing your creation!  Nice work!

Thanks everyone for your nice replies, some of them were really fun to read, bravo :laugh:

Rex is taking a well-deserved vacation now, in May he will take part in his 2nd expo, I will keep you posted on his "adventures".

Hi Braker23, I absolutely love this model. Could you send me an email to socialmedia@LEGO.com so we can start a conversation?

12 minutes ago, LEGOPieter said:

Hi Braker23, I absolutely love this model. Could you send me an email to socialmedia@LEGO.com so we can start a conversation?

I find this post rather strange. Do you work for LEGO?

What a fabulous build! You’ve nailed the shaping and all the functions are super! I bet you scored some massive and deserved cool dad points with your son. 

Bonus points for doing something so organic in technic! I am totally blown away by this! :thumbup: :wub:

I

Great dinosaur! But he needs to brush its teeth more frequently - they're so yellow and grey :laugh:

On 4/30/2018 at 2:25 PM, Jim said:

I find this post rather strange. Do you work for LEGO?

Well, it seemed ood to me too. But that email address exists, so I contacted Pieter there, no reply yet.

For the rest of you that replied recently, I feel overwhelmed with your nice words, I had no idea my Indominus will have so many fans :grin:

Thank you all!

Edited by braker23