Hinckley

21314 TRON: Legacy Revealed

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

I don't know if they have outright stated that they plan to release Clu.  I saw that they made a cryptic comment that used Clu's name as a pun, but I'm not sure they ever said anything more about it.

I think they stated in the designer video they wanted to also include Clu but couldn't for budgetary constraints. Hopefully if this set does well enough it could encourage LEGO to produce a couple more sets based on the license. a Recognizer set, a Light Runner set, and a Light Tank set would be amazing and Clu could be included in one of those. Sets based on the original movie could also be a possibility though not as interesting to me personally.

On 4/5/2018 at 2:09 PM, ToaDraco said:

I think they stated in the designer video they wanted to also include Clu but couldn't for budgetary constraints. Hopefully if this set does well enough it could encourage LEGO to produce a couple more sets based on the license. a Recognizer set, a Light Runner set, and a Light Tank set would be amazing and Clu could be included in one of those. Sets based on the original movie could also be a possibility though not as interesting to me personally.

They flat out stated Clu is coming soon on the Lego Ideas blog:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/fbbc9302-1e26-4690-bc99-0c33179b098a  

How big the set would be we have no "clu" but DIsney will overprice it no matter what.  It's kind of hard to see what they can pull on it really, I want the two versions of clu, but who knows. 

5 minutes ago, eldiano said:

They flat out stated Clu is coming soon on the Lego Ideas blog:

https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/fbbc9302-1e26-4690-bc99-0c33179b098a  

How big the set would be we have no "clu" but DIsney will overprice it no matter what.  It's kind of hard to see what they can pull on it really, I want the two versions of clu, but who knows. 

That was wordplay, as far as I could tell...

On 4/20/2018 at 5:39 AM, Cinderbike said:

Anyone else have slightly warped plates? My assembled base is a bit wobbly...

Yes, base is wobbly, and it's quite normal the way it's built. Also, the connection of the bikes to the base is kinda an illegal connection, since it can't be fully pushed through (because of the wheels). But well, it holds.

I've just finished building this. I was waiting for a little price drop to get it. And if you believe that 35eur was a high price for this small set, that's not even the price for that set in Belgium, no. In Belgium Lego is asking 40 FRIGGING EUR for this.

So I got it for 30eur, because for me it was already a significant discount. And it's still no way near the price it should have been, so I would not advise anyone to get this for more than 20eur.

Other than that, yeah it's a nice set. Obviously a little repetitive since both bikes are the same, but it's a good set with a good amount of prints (which in no way justify the price IMHO, nor does the license of an average sequel to a very old good movie).

Edited by anothergol

On 4/19/2018 at 8:39 PM, Cinderbike said:

Anyone else have slightly warped plates? My assembled base is a bit wobbly...

I had a little wiggle room. Just hold onto the black 2x4 tiles that hold the sections together, & give the middle a little push from the bottom(hopefully that made sense). It fixed the problem with mine.