Darnok

[COR] Millet plantation

The city of Mesabi Landing is growing, and so are the needs of its citizens. Argentia is a tough place for most plants - not for the humble millet though! So to feed many a hungry minifig, a large millet plantation has been set up:

k1BGu9c.jpg

Rows upon rows of millets now grow, harcested when the time is ready:

TImpNRk.jpg580xzPF.jpg

Once cut from the ground, the grain is seperated from the stems. The grain is stored, the stems are used as lifestock feed.

yPxlKa4.jpg

The barn, while far from being a beauty, already stores grain from the last harvest, but has room for more. It is also the place to store the many necessary tools for planting and harvesting:

ZwaryO3.jpgfzcgdBM.jpg

QuKowZX.jpg4eaT1d2.jpg

And while the work is in full swing, some prefer to take a nap inside...

yJL626G.jpgpaxsQof.jpg

IDtIOPI.jpg1py9XG7.jpg

=================================================================================================

To be licensed as a large plantation.

In terms of footprint - 80x80 studs - this is by far my largest build to date. The barn alone is 16x48 studs of area (with removable roof and interior). There are over 250 individual millet plants, each consisting of 5 parts! I have also almost drained my dark grey bricks and dark tan plates, and did not count the round light grey tiles...

This is also the maximum size of a build footprint for my large lightbox. You might notice that some plates do not align well, or are "bent" upwards a bit - that is due to the lightboxes base being under upward tension on the sides. Not ideal, but still better than "outside of the box".

Still, I am pleased with how it turned out. C&C, as always, is appreciated.

Edited by Drunknok

Very nice plantation! I really like the scythes. Although I have to admit, I had to google 'millet' as I do not know all the English names for crops. 

Bart

5 hours ago, Bart said:

Very nice plantation! I really like the scythes. Although I have to admit, I had to google 'millet' as I do not know all the English names for crops. 

Bart

Thanks! I always have a tap qith an online dictionary up when browsing EB, for similar reasons. :pir-grin:

Excellent build Drunknok! Large plantations are always a task, and that's why we see so few of them. You really went above and beyond with all those plants! 

Your attention to detail is great as well. I love the little scythes, and the sleeping Marine is very WTCish. 

My only criticism is the roof of the barn is a little dull. I would have liked to see more detail there, maybe some beams, or a border on the top of the wall. 

Otherwise, excellent build!