What a great model this is:wub:! I'm happy to have contributed a little.

I am glad you decided to share the instructions. This masterpiece has to end up on my shelf for sure!

18 minutes ago, LvdH said:

I am glad you decided to share the instructions. This masterpiece has to end up on my shelf for sure!

No problem.  This was the first time I have made instructions myself - it has taken weeks!!  If you do make the model and find any parts in the instructions that are illegible, then please let me know.  My 9 yr old checked them by building the red version so I guess they are ok!!

When constructing the gear box, those white bands need to be tight enough - it all works fine in my white version of the car, but the "newer" bands used in the red car don't seem to be so tight, and could do with an extra twist or two. 

1 hour ago, Pvdb said:

My 9 yr old checked them by building the red version so I guess they are ok!!

Or didn't want to make Dad look bad for some missing pins. :laugh:

I will be building this for sure!  Just have a few other builds to take care of first.

4 hours ago, Pvdb said:

I almost like this better than the white version.

Not sure which colour I like the best, but I was curious; will you be posting the red version on rebrickable as well?

Red seems to have a couple issues. 12x (xo) liftarms, could maybe be replaced by 1x2 (half) liftarms. 2x thin bush, which might be able to be changed to a full bush. 1x driving ring connector 3L, could be replaced by smooth version. There are also 2x 5.5L axles which can probably be replaced by 5Ls or 6Ls.

I do like the white better myself, but I might change out the red on the roof for another colour. Maybe blue or black, or even white. I'll see, it seems I already have a good 50% in my spares including the wheels plus wheel covers and almost all white parts. 

33 minutes ago, technic_addict said:

Or didn't want to make Dad look bad for some missing pins. :laugh:

You've been rumbled Paul :wink:

6 hours ago, Pvdb said:

I have put together a short video (filmed with my phone) 

The door mechanism to open and close is so smooth!  I don't recall seeing anything like that before.  how did you do that?

bought the BI just some minutes ago - thanks a lot for sharing them! great model, one of the best looking supercars i have ever seen - kudos!

1 minute ago, lavialegon said:

where did you get such disks and tires

The wheel covers are from set 8653 Ferrari Enzo 1:10, and the wheels and tyres are from 42039. The ones from 8653 work too but they have 3 pin holes compared to the 6 pin hole variant this car has. 

Just finished it. Functions work flawlessly (only complaint is the HOG being almost unreachable, but it does work) it looks beautiful and it was a lot of fun to put together. What else can I say? This is one of the best supercars I've built. :thumbup: 

800x600.jpg

Edited by LvdH

Thanks LvdH,  I am glad you like it,  As for the HOG, It is as discreet as I could get away with.   When they want to play with it. my kids put in a longer axle and raise the little gear wheel by one stud so it is easier to turn, but of course it looks ugly if left that way :classic:.

You are welcome @Pvdb, this model really is fantastic. I'll be curious to see how your new Koenigsegg turns out. One thing I really liked in the Ultimatum is the rear suspension. It's quite a cool setup and it holds so much weight. I put two of my other 1:10 cars on it and it still didn't compress. Those are 2500 parts each :grin:

@Pvdb

I am building the Ultimatum right now and am really enjoying the build.  I have just finished connecting the shifter (smooth as silk) to the gearbox (wow) and it's such a thing of beauty!  Honestly think I would be equally satisfied to just stop right now and display it as half constructed and call it a day.  Thank you for taking the time to design this moc and for creating equally great instructions.   Incredible!

WRT to feedback on instructions things started getting a little challenging when finishing up the shifter and connecting it to the gearbox.  I think having zoomed in pictures to highlight these critical steps would have helped some lesser skilled builders like me :).  For instance I had to redo the part with the white rubber bands as I did not pick up on the fact that they have to be out on in a figure 8 configuration.  I picked up on this a few pages later no biggie.

Can't wait to finish this Masterpiece!

I've seen some progress photos from @KD123 and I totally agree, wonderful MOC! I really don't understand the gearbox still and for that reason alone I think its fantastic :wub: Definitely looking forward to your next build!

Oh, I see you don't have a pro tag. That whole pro tag thing is quite ineffective and misleading...

On 9/20/2018 at 11:13 PM, Lox Lego said:

I've seen some progress photos from @KD123 and I totally agree, wonderful MOC! I really don't understand the gearbox still and for that reason alone I think its fantastic :wub: Definitely looking forward to your next build!

Cheers @Lox Lego  I agree, @KD123 took some nice photos. 

As for my next build (MOC) - it is going slow as I have been busy over the summer.  And now I may have to build the brilliant Mclaren P1 from Brunojj which will add further to the distraction :classic: