I'm getting a little behind on posting some of the projects I have finished. Either way, here is a mid sized manual tractor, based (can't we get some red medium sized wheels) of the Claas Atos. A full gallery may be found on Flickr, and much more at thirdwigg.com

25995283577_ef7036c0d6_c.jpg

Features:

• Rear wheel drive
  • Steering
  • 3 cylinder engine
  • Front PTO
  • Front Drawbar
  • Rear PTO with on/off
  • Rear Drawbar
  • a couple of implements, more coming (probably)

40159186234_a9bdab3d7c_c.jpg

40826047632_bdb5846d3b_c.jpg

40159195654_46cfee5c48_c.jpg

Edited by Thirdwigg

It is a nice change to see a tractor moc, but you need red rims (at least there are dark red) and front wheels are to big. In order to mantain correct tire proportions, you should use 56 tires at front. Other things are good :thumbup:

Nice, I do agree with @I_Igor that it would be better with red rims, but I think green looks good too.

8 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

I'm getting a little behind on posting some of the projects I have finished.

So am I... :sceptic:

I think yellow rims would look good.. check out this google link 

https://www.google.com/search?q=green+tractor&newwindow=1&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS768US768&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjCqJzt7_zZAhVK8WMKHYj-CxUQ_AUICigB&biw=1455&bih=734

I almost forget, Your model is very detail, full of functions and a good looking tractor!!! Very good job!!!  

Edited by sirslayer
spelling

1 hour ago, sirslayer said:

I think yellow rims would look good.. check out this google link 

https://www.google.com/search?q=green+tractor&newwindow=1&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS768US768&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjCqJzt7_zZAhVK8WMKHYj-CxUQ_AUICigB&biw=1455&bih=734

I almost forget, Your model is very detail, full of functions and a good looking tractor!!! Very good job!!!  

It's meant to be a CLAAS, not a John Deere, so yellow rims wouldn't be overly accurate. White rims might work if you take inspiration from FS17 mods... :grin:

However, these only ever came in two sets, so hope you've got 'em in reserve, @Thirdwigg... :look:

Here is a short technical specifications sheet about Atos...there are 3 models (220-230-240) with 3 cylinder engine and have 540/65R30 at rear (1487mm diameter) and 360/70R24 at front (1074mm diameter), so if you use 1:18 measurement to fit it 81,6 x 38 tire, ideal will be some 60mm front tire...

http://www.claas.co.uk/blueprint/servlet/blob/543742/8a475ddf88af5a253c27cca264632138/241563-dataRaw.pdf

Edited by I_Igor

I didn’t think the wheels would be such a point of conversation.

I tried the dark red, but they looked a little too heavy. I’ll post a photo when I am back home.

I consider myself an avid brick link browser, but the white wheels are new to me. I didn’t even think about that as an option. I may need to try that.

@I_Igor I made the choice for the larger front wheels and tires consciously. The 56s looked too small, as it seems to convey a larger series tractor. It also took away the ability for front PTO and drawbar as it would lower the wheel center by a stud. 

11 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

I didn’t think the wheels would be such a point of conversation.

I tried the dark red, but they looked a little too heavy. I’ll post a photo when I am back home.

I consider myself an avid brick link browser, but the white wheels are new to me. I didn’t even think about that as an option. I may need to try that.

@I_Igor I made the choice for the larger front wheels and tires consciously. The 56s looked too small, as it seems to convey a larger series tractor. It also took away the ability for front PTO and drawbar as it would lower the wheel center by a stud. 

Kyle,

perhaps you can fit one 68.7 tire in 81,6 tire to make it a bit bigger or even use 94,8 tire...proportions on classic tractors are something like on my brickshelf folder (which could help you in some way...)

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=365315