I reallt like the body of this 6x6, without the parts at the rear and side hindering performance. It's a trial truck after all. I'm gonna make this cab, but in red cause that's what I got.

I always preffer to use 2 steered axles, it is something more uncomun like the tatra concept :laugh: , I'm looking forward to see how your truck is going.

On 2018-03-28 at 2:25 PM, jorgeopesi said:

I always preffer to use 2 steered axles, it is something more uncomun like the tatra concept :laugh: , I'm looking forward to see how your truck is going.

you're right, but I made the steering really precise by having just one and I didn't wanna change that

This looks super light, how much does it weigh? Should perform really good! The cab needs a bit of detailing but looks gfreat so far.

IMHO the cab should be just 1 stud taller in the lower section between the 3x5 panel and the long liftarm (just insert another one of that), compare to the video that you posted of 6x6 trail truck. And if you look closer your cab is almost the same height as the wheels, where on the video the cab is taller than the wheels.

32 minutes ago, pagicence said:

IMHO the cab should be just 1 stud taller in the lower section between the 3x5 panel and the long liftarm (just insert another one of that), compare to the video that you posted of 6x6 trail truck. And if you look closer your cab is almost the same height as the wheels, where on the video the cab is taller than the wheels.

In the initial post of the topic are pictures of T815-7 cab (low cabin), which I pressume is the cab that @Teo LEGO Technic built, but maybe am I wrong. (815 from the video that is on the top of site 2 is high (civilian) (and older) version).
 So or so, one extra stud would make it - relative to axles travel - slightly better, even with the T-Force style cab, IMHO. 

T815-7: 
tatra_t815_732r90-325_chassis.jpg

5 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

This looks super light, how much does it weigh? Should perform really good! The cab needs a bit of detailing but looks gfreat so far.

Thanks man! Yeah tried to keep it as light as possible, it's about 1 kilogram. What kind of detailing were you thinking? I intentionally avoided interior detailing to keep weight low.

1 hour ago, pagicence said:

Do you mean the whole cab should be a stud staller? Or the mudguard a stud lower? Cause I can't move the mudguard any lower, it touches the wheel when it is fully pressed. 

47 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

In the initial post of the topic are pictures of T815-7 cab (low cabin), which I pressume is the cab that @Teo LEGO Technic built, but maybe am I wrong. (815 from the video that is on the top of site 2 is high (civilian) (and older) version).
 So or so, one extra stud would make it - relative to axles travel - slightly better, even with the T-Force style cab, IMHO. 

So cabin a stud lower in the front? I kind of combined the 6x6 T-815-7 with the truck trial from the video. 

20 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

I meant one stud higher in it's roof section, even for the Force version (not combined), if possible. ;)

I'll build it and post to compare. 

@Teo LEGO Technic Don't move the mudguards, just the upper half of the cab, like I said "between the 3x5 panel and the long liftarm" or on top of the long liftarm. Like this:

1.jpg.1d877923301ce909f1025d19696755fa.jpg

This is what I meant.

39422730740_3a70c13657_b.jpgDSC05687 by Teo's Technic, on Flickr

I think you were right @HorcikDesigns. It looks better a stud taller. I also added some detailing on the front, keeping it super light it's as heavy as I want it to be. Good tip! I think it's all done!

1 hour ago, pagicence said:

@Teo LEGO Technic Don't move the mudguards, just the upper half of the cab, like I said "between the 3x5 panel and the long liftarm" or on top of the long liftarm. Like this:

What do you think about it now with the top a stud taller? 

Edited by Teo LEGO Technic

3 hours ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Definitely better! Good job!

2 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

I like your style, great Tatra.

Thanks guys! You're right it looks better this way. The performance is also amazing, I recharged the battery and this baby climbs until it falls backwards at around 60 degrees slope. My camera memory card isn't working so I have to get a new one before I shoot some video, and then I'll take it out for a spin.

I think cab is perfect now and at the same time smooth and simple. Great work :thumbup:

11 hours ago, Teo LEGO Technic said:

What kind of detailing were you thinking?

Just some lights (not PF) - transclear something :-) And maybe some really small details like a bar here and there, or a chain hanging loose. Just something to make it less plain. Those pieces would only add some grams...

On 2018-04-04 at 3:51 PM, I_Igor said:

I think cab is perfect now and at the same time smooth and simple. Great work :thumbup:

Thanks mate!

20 hours ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Just some lights (not PF) - transclear something :-) And maybe some really small details like a bar here and there, or a chain hanging loose. Just something to make it less plain. Those pieces would only add some grams...

True say. I intentionally left out lights like the truck trial in the video, but bars and chains could work I'll try that out.

10 hours ago, Teo LEGO Technic said:

There's a ton of snow out there, so video shooting has been postponed. Still gonna happen though!

I wish that spring with warmer weather and more Sun visit's you asap (as here). :wink:

Oh, it has no difficulties with the terrain! And it is so fast. Maybe the chassis is too high for a scale model, but it does not matter, when it rides so good. Good job!

The front axle idea is just flawless, inspiring, and thank you for sharing it. :wink: (but the springs are too high too call it proper scale-model Tatra)

Edited by HorcikDesigns