thire5

[MOC] UCS Jedi starfighter Eta-2 Actis class (INSTRUCTIONS)

UCS Jedi starfighter - Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor

Dimensions: 42 x 38 x 28 studs
Pieces: 1679

INSTRUCTIONS are available on rebrickable https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-23806/thire5/ucs-eta-2-actis-class-interceptor/#details

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UCS Jedi starfighter - Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor

Original post ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! 

I'm currently working on my new UCS model of Jedi Interceptor. Originally, I wanted to keep the same scale as my ARC-170 starfighter , but the sizes are quite different (18.95m vs. 4.3m) so the Jedi starfighter would be quite small.

Right now I'm I have a little problem with R4 unit, it seems to be quite big compared to the rest of the ship. Not sure what to do, either create some smaller R4 unit (3x3 stud ?), or make the ship bigger :laugh: what do you think ?

[WIP] UCS Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor

Edited by thire5

Increasing the size seems like a valid option to me. It does't look terribly off scale does it? How much bigger do you think you would have to go?

nice to see you tackling this again. I've heard this is a very common issue, with the Eta-2s. The droids do not seem to fit the ergonomic style of the ship, nice try Lucasfilms. It looks like the droid in your Arc-170 is a 3x3 head, why not keep that in the same scale? to be consistent.

Apparently the ship is supposed to have a boxy protrusion on the bottom side to fit the droid:

bkvXe0v.png

@krisandkris12 I think I will increase the size a bit, right now it has the length around 36studs so perhaps increase to 42-44. The front red part is big enough, I just need to increase the size of the wing itself.

@Smitty500 heh, I always wondered how the droids can fit in there. Similar droid as on the ARC-170 might be an option but I just ordered the R4 unit (together with the whole set :laugh: ) so I think I will try to use it.

@Jerac thanks, I needed to see it from this angle, those "boxes" might actually fit the whole droid! Never realized they were so big. They are not really visible in most of the scenes.

Hi there!

I have some update on this model. The wings are mostly done, finally, I adapt the size a little to fit the official Lego R4 unit). Now I'm fighting with the cockpit.

I also searched a little but there is not many UCS scale models of this starfighter. I found the one from Anio, then of course my own old version, and this maxi version (which is too bricky for my taste). :grin:

[WIP] UCS Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor

really good job !

I find that this cockpit is good, but i have a problem with the front of the cockpit.

I will follow this moc with interest ; your ARC170 is my UCS prefered.

7 hours ago, syrhilla said:

really good job !

I find that this cockpit is good, but i have a problem with the front of the cockpit.

I will follow this moc with interest ; your ARC170 is my UCS prefered.

Thanks! :)

Don't worry about the front dish, I'm gonna use this one https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=18675pb02#T=C I just need to buy it first >)

No doubt that the cockpit is the toughest nut to crack on this beauty. I dont think with current piece assortment there is a 100% perfect way to do it. Ithink I might like your attempt bettr than Aniosso far, its a tough call. Nice progress, I am glad you scaled it to 4wide dome R4, would have been quite a miss not to do that. Good luck finishing it ;)

Just lovely! The opening flaps and the structure around the dk bley parts (with the wedges and slopes) is perfect. Congratulations on a wonderful build.

Looks amazing, glad to see it finished, the snot structure has worked very well for the wings!

Edited by Ellisss_2

Looks great - I want one next to my Delta 7....the back and top pics show its a great all round build - love it...especially the cockpit detail - clever the way you built the control sticks.

Edited by Hold0511

@Ellisss_2 thank you, it was a lot of work to make it stable enough and keep the color scheme without using stickers :)

@Hold0511 thanks! what would you say about Delta 7 in studless version like this one? :D I was thinking about that.

But my next model might be V-wing. And of course this model in yellow color - Anakin's version.

5 hours ago, Hold0511 said:

I'd love a studless Delta 7 and a V-wing.....

Cool :grin: I will put it in my plans...

3 hours ago, AfolFree said:

@thire5

Will you consider releasing instructions for this beauty ?

Sure, I'm working on the instructions right now, the 3D model is finished, I just need to create all the steps.

The way you made the slopes and wedges match in angles throughout the entire side wings is mind bending. The 'inset' part beneath the radiator flaps which sits lower than the brick built wing surface is just wow. This alone sets the model far above from any rendition I have seen before in this scale!

Thank you guys :)

@Kristof thanks :D I'm happy that I managed to create most of the dark-red sections using brick and not stickers while keeping it quite stable.

Hello!

I finished the instructions, you can get them on Rebrickable :), or email me: thire@seznam.cz

The parts can be obtained for 180-200€ (excluding R4 unit)

Thank you for watching :grin:

UCS Jedi starfighter - Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor INSTRUCTIONS

UCS Jedi starfighter - Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor INSTRUCTIONS

Edited by thire5