FLBRICKS

[MOC] Liebherr L586 wheel loader

Hi

I would like to show you my Liebherr L586 wheel loader. The scale is about 1:42 or 1:43. So far I have used about 600 bricks. Maybe a few more will come later. I built the wheel loader in white because I liked this color scheme best. You can play with it, too. A minifigure fits in the cabin, you can steer and the shovel can be moved up and down and dump.
I hope you like the L586. Looking forward to your comments. :)

Liebherr L586-1

Liebherr L586-4

Liebherr L586-5

More pics here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138111247@N07/with/39052677940

Regards,

Chris

Edited by FLBRICKS

*oh2* That's amazing that you've captured the lines of the machine in such a restricted scale! There's some excellent parts usage all round; the 2x2 triangle sign part (892/30259) used to create the side grille shapes are brilliant. What did you scale it to, the bucket or the wheels, or are both close enough that it didn't matter? Also, how much steering articulation can it manage?

I'm in 2 minds whether Mods should move this over to the Scale Modelling forum or not. It fits pretty well in both.

Wow!  This looks great, and so well captured at this small scale!  Really NPU throughout, but I especially like the 892 as ColletArrow mentioned, and the way you did the fenders.  The few Liebherr decals really bring the whole thing together nicely, too.  :classic:

3 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

*oh2* That's amazing that you've captured the lines of the machine in such a restricted scale! There's some excellent parts usage all round; the 2x2 triangle sign part (892/30259) used to create the side grille shapes are brilliant. What did you scale it to, the bucket or the wheels, or are both close enough that it didn't matter? Also, how much steering articulation can it manage?

I'm in 2 minds whether Mods should move this over to the Scale Modelling forum or not. It fits pretty well in both.

Thank you very much! I used a technical data sheet of the L586 with overlays of LDD-screenshots to get the right proportions. Therefor the wheelsize was most important for me. Luckily the width of the bumper fits nearly perfect:) The cabin is a little bit to high and maybe the whole model is also a little bit to long. I think 30, maybe 35 degree of deflection is possible. 

to peedeejay, deraven, capparezza, nerminded: Thank you all. I'm really glad you like it. :)

7 hours ago, bamsham363 said:

beatiful model, shaping is spot on and good attention to detail, nice moc

both sets of rims work...

Thank you very much:thumbup: