Sign in to follow this  
Harrilal

You can dance if you want to!

Greetings!

I am from Trinidad and Tobago. Born and raised. Now living in Canada. You know the story. Boy goes to school in.a foreign land. Boy plans to go home after graduation but meets girl. 18 years pass and boy is now married and still in foreign land. Still go home (or to first home... admittedly Canada is home too) often. 

I love Lego. 

I am.not a huge builder, but I sure do love spinning stories for the minifigures. So much so that I use them in D&D. 

Anyway... that's me in a nutshell. No cool MOC or accolades. Just a guy who has managed to survive immigration and been able continue playing with Lego into his 30s. 

56 minutes ago, Harrilal said:

Greetings!

I am.not a huge builder, but I sure do love spinning stories for the minifigures. So much so that I use them in D&D. 

Welcome to Eurobricks.:classic:

I also like to use minifigures in games but I use them more for counter rather than characters but using them for D and D sounds like something I should try :laugh:.

We like it because of the versatility. I dont have a lot in the way of colours for things like hoods and helmets, but almost any weapon in D&D can be represented if you're sticking to fantasy.

So the players will pick a figure and swap heads/torsos/legs until they find a combination they like and we're off. We use 2x2 flat pieces as a base and those fit into the grid squares quite nicely. 

Plus there are enough monsters and humans that we swap gnolls with weak bandits, lizardmen, trolls/orcs and we're golden. Trying to find Chima lots on the cheap to expand the visual bestiary. 

Welcome aboard,  Harrilal.  Which part of Canada are you from?  :classic:

You can leave your friends behind.

'Cuz your friends don't dance

and if they don't dance then they're

no friends of mine.

3 hours ago, Hinckley said:

You can leave your friends behind.

'Cuz your friends don't dance

and if they don't dance then they're

no friends of mine.

Winner winner!

15 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Welcome aboard,  Harrilal.  Which part of Canada are you from?  :classic:

To be vague, I am in Southern Ontario. To be a wee bit more specific, I have lived in Port Hope, St. Catharines, Toronto, East York, Scarborough and now finally settled (likely permanently) in Oshawa. 

Also, my mother would probably not forgive me if I didnt say I am not from Canada. I am from Trinidad and Tobago. 

Though, this summer I may be granted citizenship and could technically say from Canada at that point? It's all semantics since I consider both countries home.