Roadmonkeytj

[SR MRCA Reaction] Question of Piracy?

While sailing to Jameston an altercation had taken place in the open waters between a Sea Rat convoy and a Romantica (Prio) convoy.   

IMG_20180311_085251

When the Sea Rat convoy reached port they had a ship in tow repairs being made as they berthed. 

IMG_20180311_084355

Captian Larvey of The Drunken Monkey Purchased two slips from the Harbor Master 
The Log read as follows:
Capt. Larvey  [SR] The Drunken Monkey [monkey figurehead] 4 days paid
Capt. Larvey [SR] The Palmetto [golden figurehead] 4 days paid

IMG_20180311_080047

Later that day the Prio convoy reached Jameston with heavy battle damage.  Capitaine La'Douche sought out the authorities.  Knowing the Corrish stance on Piracy he hopped to see them all swinging from the gallows before he left port.

In the Jameston Constables office:
La'Douche: (Bursts though the door) Constable I would like to report a crime!

IMG_20180312_003440

Sergeant: Just what is it you would claim Sir?
La'Douche: An act of out and out Piracy!
Sergeant: Where did this act take place?
La'Douche: East of Trador on way to this Port.

IMG_20180312_003754

La'Douche: Pirates fell upon my ships  and over took us ... We barely made it out alive.  Then they forced me and my crew into a single long boat and made off with my vessel.
Sergeant: They showed quarter? Thats odd th.....
La'Douche:(cutting the Sergeant off) Sir I have it on good faith that they have arrived in this very port! What do you intend to do!

IMG_20180312_004012

Sergeant: Its late Im sure they will be good and drunk tonight being first night in port.  I will speak with the harbor master   tomorrow to see if any ships have made berth fitting your description.
La'Douche: I want them hanged!
Sergeant: If the description matches and you can identify them then I will Arrest them and im sure they will be found guilty in court.  If it is how you say.

IMG_20180312_003336

Even later that night:
Hearing a little bird whisper in his ear that the Corrish Authorities planned to seize his ships and Imprison him and his crew.  Also knowing Corringtons' reputation for hanging Pirates even if there was no more evidence other than here say . . . Capitan Larvey decided they had out lived their welcome in Jameston.

Back at the docks:

Capitan Larvey: Machete me boy! 
Machete: Aye Capitan?

IMG_20180317_204307

Larvey: We sail at first light, have the dry stores and rations secure and stowed! We need ALL ships in the fleet ready to make way.

IMG_20180317_204157

Machete: Aye Sir but why we just made port tis morn?
Larvey: The Prio Capitan is claiming we attacked them ... 
Machete: (interrupting) Tis a LIE Sir out and out fallacy!

IMG_20180317_204452

Larvey: Aye be that as it may, it matters none, they intend to seize our ships and lock us all up.
Machete: We can fight this Sir they were the aggressors sailing right through or floatila with no regard ... You were right to fire that warning shot.

Larvey: Aye but how do we prove they opened fire and we simply responded ... Nay they see us as pirates ... And I be quite fond of me neck remaining unbroken! We sail at first light, those to drunk to sail will be left behind.  Those too drunk to fulfill his duties will be thrown over.  I need me crews hearty me boy we have Four ships to sneak out of here.  

IMG_20180317_204956

Machete: Aye Sir I'll pass the word around to snuff the rum early.

Larvey: Aye make it so.

The Sea Rat crews worked feverishly through the night and by the time first light broke the Sea Rat fleet was twelve miles out singing "What will we do with a drunken sailor what will we do ..."

Meanwhile back in town:

Capitaine La'Douche met up with the Sergeant first thing accompanied and him and two privates to the Docks.

La'Douche: Harbormaster! Have you had any ships that fit the description of a C2 with a monkey figurehead towing a C3 with a golden idol figurehead with a broken mast? 

IMG_20180311_080242

Harbormaster: (reading log) ahh yes here they are a Capitan Larvey paid four days up front ... slip nine and ten ... Right this way
La'Douche: These slips are empty!

Harbormaster: I swear they were here when I made rounds last night ... (looking at log) slips nine and ten ...
Sergeant: Harbormaster if you aided these pirates in any way I'll see you hang.
1st private: (to second private) so we don't get to arrest anyone?
Sergeant: Not today boys ... Not today.

IMG_20180311_081835

-------
Just a little story to explain how the Palmetto came to be in my possession ... Special thanks to @kaiju, @Ayrlego,and @Bregir for allowing this story to happen. Comments are more than welcome ... I'm sorry for some of the pictures being fuzzy that's my poor quality mobile.

Spoiler

Some additional pictures:

IMG_20180317_205251

IMG_20180312_003500

The last was originally shot for the first revision of the story but I liked it so I kept it.

IMG_20180311_081603

Edited by Roadmonkeytj
Corrections made

I applaud this tale of Sea Rat industriousness! Good job telling the story! :thumbup:

And I still love the build for the Palmetto.

Nice build it accompanies the story very good, great job on the night and day effects! 

11 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I applaud this tale of Sea Rat industriousness! Good job telling the story! :thumbup:

And I still love the build for the Palmetto.

Thanks! So far its my favorite bobs build ... Sets the bar high so to speak lol

16 minutes ago, Bart said:

Nice build it accompanies the story very good, great job on the night and day effects! 

Thanks ... I was worried about the night effect . . . Thanks again for the help with the first draft ... It was liked but another solution was needed at this time from Corringtons side so this developed.

18 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

(...). . Thanks again for the help with the first draft ... It was liked but another solution was needed at this time from Corringtons side so this developed.

You're welcome!, this is a very good version too. The first draft might have become a bit to difficult for the Lego world, and there where some insecurities about it. This is more playable so to speak. (and way better to understand for all those whom didn't dive into maritime law :P :P)

Nice story and nice builds roadmonkeytj! Probably I should not say that, but it's fine to see some good piracy spicing up the Brick Seas! :pir-classic:

Edited by Keymonus

7 hours ago, Keymonus said:

Nice story and nice builds roadmonkeytj! Probably I should not say that, but it's fine to see some good piracy spicing up the Brick Seas! :pir-classic:

Haha thanks ... I had to find a excuse way to explain the reason the Sea Rat attacked returned fire on the Prio fleet after just last turn attacking the ESL fleet accidentally ... 

Interesting story and neat little vignettes, and it's good to see these two ships again.

On 3/21/2018 at 6:25 AM, Bodi said:

Interesting story and neat little vignettes, and it's good to see these two ships again.

Thanks Bodi ... I couldnt bring myself to break the monkey down after building it so it worked out well

A little late but I have a lot of catching up to do. Classic example of unfair Prio monkeyshine :pir-murder:

Very cool story and I love how much you can do with such small vignettes. I like the eye for detail but recommend making a little more background, the quality of the photos did not bother me at all. 

On 8/9/2018 at 11:40 AM, Fraunces said:

A little late but I have a lot of catching up to do. Classic example of unfair Prio monkeyshine :pir-murder:

Very cool story and I love how much you can do with such small vignettes. I like the eye for detail but recommend making a little more background, the quality of the photos did not bother me at all. 

Would it alarm you if I told you these were all built in a matter of hours ... Lol yes I intentionally left the background blank or drab to keep the focus on the minifigs ... Also to let your imagination fill in the blanks.  Glad you liked the story ... It was spun in several pms to explain the MCRA result.