o0ger

[MOC] Cavity Corner

I can across this on TBB and I am very impressed with how you pulled off that colour scheme. A green and brown pallet may sound dubious, but you seem to have done a nice job to make the final product. My only suggestion is that the birch tree have a darker shade of leaves instead of the bright green. For me it draws away the attention of the darker building and main feature.

On 2018-03-20 at 9:57 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Yes, I’d like to see if it looks better without it. Just wondering/want to have an idea of how it could possibly work. If you’re going to rephotograph it, I would also be greatful if you can take a photo with the third floor removed from the reddish brown building and remained on the other one. Many thanks for your consideration :classic:

Well... I might do that. No promises. I need to get ready for the annual Swebrick exhibition in april. 

11 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

I like the tree personally. I wish more of the official modulars would include trees, they add a bit of life and organic shaping to the models which contrasts nicely with the squareness of the buildings.

Thanks! Well, I needed something there in the corner. There was a fountain in Assembly Square, so it didn't feel fun to build that. A tree seemed fitting, for the reasons you mention.

9 hours ago, Venefic said:

I can across this on TBB and I am very impressed with how you pulled off that colour scheme. A green and brown pallet may sound dubious, but you seem to have done a nice job to make the final product. My only suggestion is that the birch tree have a darker shade of leaves instead of the bright green. For me it draws away the attention of the darker building and main feature.

Thank you! I understand what you mean. My idea for the theme in this MOC was that it should be spring. And the color of the birch in spring is very bright green. If I hadn't focused so much on the spring theme I might have made it different.