Sign in to follow this  
richpantson

PF powered wagon

hello

decided to start my BR Class 08 project and when sourcing parts I came across my PF powered wagon.

I am planning in putting all the PF components into the Class 08 body, but having this push it around might be a good option while I sort out the mechanics for the 6 wheels. (PF train motor only has 4 wheels) 

Anyways for anyone interested heres my PF wagon

and pushing my "Ruby Night"

Edited by richpantson
added some tags

Very nice!  

I have something similar to go with my two Santa Fe engines. It's a box car by Tim Gould if memory serves me correctly. I have two PF train motors, IF receiver, rechargeable battery box and a reverser swith in the boxcar. Works great.  You could always double the lenght to make a setup lile mine. I like how you used panels, as that reduces the weight.  Again, a great moc!!!

Nice job, I added a 9v motor under the tender, but then had to add a couple of weight bricks to get the traction. Do you have any issues with this setup 

@kieran Ive had no weight issues. The wagon has the traction and strength to push the Ruby Night. Ive not done a complete weight test yet 

@legobanker No requirement yet for double power yet. my next project will get rid of the standard train power motor and I will try to fit a medium motor into the same space. I think the biggest challenge is going to be fitting all the cables in