Sign in to follow this  
DK_Titan

[MOC] Laundromat and Musician's Apartment

We decided to divide the LEGO 10251 Brick Bank into 2 separate buildings. The bank became Umbrella Bank

This is the second building, which contains the Laundromat and an apartment with full interior. The apartment contains an elevator, rehearsal room, kitchen, bathroom/toilet, 2 bedrooms and a living room. It's not presented as an apartment with a family living there, but more as scenes that might happen in a LEGO world.

Our version does not have much in common with the original version of the laundromat, except from the interior and a few details from the facade.

The main colors are dark azur, dark blue, black and silver.

Though it's a modular building, the size does not fit with the official modular buildings. It's 26x26 studs and 75 cm tall.

This is the first of hopefully many tall modular buildings that eventually will form a street in our LEGO layout.

What a great MOC again! You’ll never stop amazing me with your roofs! Really love the angled wall at the fifth floor and the animals used in a creative way! Amazing work :wub:

P.S. Would love to see the building with two middle floors (you choose) removed!

DK_Titan - thank you for sharing this beautiful work. I enjoyed watching the video. I have seen it several times because there are so many fabulous details in this build.

I would not even know where to start the build is so choke full of great details. The Laundromat wash machines are build beauifully with their red and green lights indicating machines free and in use.

I think my favorite is the bathroom floor upstairs that is made of the 1x1 round tiles. - Is it safe to assume that the door opens outwards as the tiles would get in the way if you pushed inwards? The colours chosen are too very enjoyable. the blues and yellows give the entire build a warm inviting presence. I also had to laugh at the girl spilling her drink in the guy"s lap.

See, I am all over the place with this comment but there is just too much great detail to gush about. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

22 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

What a great MOC again! You’ll never stop amazing me with your roofs! Really love the angled wall at the fifth floor and the animals used in a creative way! Amazing work :wub:

P.S. Would love to see the building with two middle floors (you choose) removed!

Thank you very much. I don't have any pictures of a reduced size. It might require a few modifications, because of the support plates under the floor of each module, which might not fit with the walls on the module below it. A few Photoshop skills might do the trick. You (or anyone else) should be welcome to give it a try.

3 hours ago, Brick A Dee Brick said:

DK_Titan - thank you for sharing this beautiful work. I enjoyed watching the video. I have seen it several times because there are so many fabulous details in this build.

I would not even know where to start the build is so choke full of great details. The Laundromat wash machines are build beauifully with their red and green lights indicating machines free and in use.

I think my favorite is the bathroom floor upstairs that is made of the 1x1 round tiles. - Is it safe to assume that the door opens outwards as the tiles would get in the way if you pushed inwards? The colours chosen are too very enjoyable. the blues and yellows give the entire build a warm inviting presence. I also had to laugh at the girl spilling her drink in the guy"s lap.

See, I am all over the place with this comment but there is just too much great detail to gush about. Anyway, thanks for sharing.

You're welcome, and thank you very much for your kind words. It's always nice to make something that brings joy.The door in the bathroom opens outwards to the kitchen, but it should be possible to open in both directions, as both the kitchen and bathroom floors are the same hight (1 tile).

Huge! Very unique style but great nonetheless! I pesonally would have built it with less floors but the two builds next to each other look very convincing. :)

This MOC deserves waaay more replies and interest IMO. It surely got missed and forgotten between some other great MOCs. Let’s encourage @DK_Titan to continue making MOCs and congratulate him with his gorgeous MOC :wink: 

18 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Is that Dark Azure paired with Earth Blue? :oh3:

Yes the main colors are Dark Azur and Earth Blue.

On 19/03/2018 at 8:05 PM, DK_Titan said:

A few Photoshop skills might do the trick. You (or anyone else) should be welcome to give it a try.

I’ve done a quick not very good editing, can I share it here? For sharing here, I’ll need to upload it on Flickr just for your information. If it’s ok for you to share my quick editing, I’ll of course give credit and share there your video. Thanks :classic:

Just now, LegoModularFan said:

I’ve done a quick not very good editing, can I share it here? For sharing here, I’ll need to upload it on Flickr just for your information. If it’s ok for you to share my quick editing, I’ll of course give credit and share there your video. Thanks :classic:

Yes, you're welcome to share it. I'm looking forward to seeing the result.

And many thanks for you previous post :classic:

51 minutes ago, DK_Titan said:

Yes, you're welcome to share it. I'm looking forward to seeing the result.

Thanks! You can find it here! What do you think about it? What do you think about it guys?

Spoiler

Two floors removed, quickly edited version of the beautiful Laundromat and Musician’s Apartment by Dk_Titan

Edited by LegoModularFan

21 minutes ago, LegoModularFan said:

Thanks! You can find it here! What do you think about it? What do you think about it guys?

Reveal hidden contents

Two floors removed, quickly edited version of the beautiful Laundromat and Musician’s Apartment by Dk_Titan

I like your choice of which floors to keep for your version. It might even fit with the modulars now.

2 minutes ago, DK_Titan said:

I like your choice of which floors to keep for your version. 

Thanks, this is your MOC after all! I wanted to make the most colored and variated version so I removed the second and third floors. The fifth floor was essential to keep, it’s the greatest part of the building with its roof IMO.   

6 minutes ago, DK_Titan said:

It might even fit with the modulars now.

I’m still not sure but it looks beautiful as a display model!

All said though, I really love the original, especially next to your Umbrella Bank :wub: The height of both this and Umbrella Bank are exactly in real life...

4 hours ago, DK_Titan said:

Yes the main colors are Dark Azur and Earth Blue.

Sweet, it's a perfect combination! The pairing of those two reminds me of this guy's Sci-Fi creation, only that the lighter blue is Medium Azure instead of Dark Azure.

Flickr - SL20 Streamliner by Vincent Gachod

Spoiler
SL20 Streamliner

By the way, do you also have a Flickr page? I've never seen your work before until this morning, and I'll just say, I really dig your Umbrella Bank too! :thumbup: :sweet:

10 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Sweet, it's a perfect combination! The pairing of those two reminds me of this guy's Sci-Fi creation, only that the lighter blue is Medium Azure instead of Dark Azure.

Flickr - SL20 Streamliner by Vincent Gachod

Reveal hidden contents

SL20 Streamliner

By the way, do you also have a Flickr page? I've never seen your work before until this morning, and I'll just say, I really dig your Umbrella Bank too! :thumbup: :sweet:

I would love to have a minifig scale version of that SL20 Streamliner. It's a beauty.

Thanks, but I might be one of the few here, to not have a Flickr account.