Sign in to follow this  
shadow_elenter

Bomb disposal robot with 19 motor and 6 SBricks

I made a massive LEGO technic bomb defusal robot with 19 motors and 6 SBrick's!

I've actually seen an EOD robot defuse an IED and the live saving job they do in army's and police forces around the world has always fascinated me, so I decided to build one!

I love complex robotics, but to build something like this in lego technic proved to be a challenge!
I really wanted to use the 2 interlocking geared rings as a basis for the 2 main arms, but that scaled up the size of this MOC drastically.
To be able to power every lego power functions motor and sbrick I ended up using 5 lego PF battery boxes!
I have to admit the addition of the electromagnet does not add a whole lot to the build, I just had it laying around and still had 2 free channels on my 6th SBrick :-P

What do you guys think?

Edited by shadow_elenter

A different and interesting model, and all the functions work really good. Is there a real-life counterpart you based it on, or did you just build it to your own specs?

I feel like it would be more functional if the two front claw arms had different functions from each other, or maybe a single arm with more degrees of freedom (like claw rotation).

Great video though! Love the bomb and the effects :laugh:

Just thought what! Its so cool! I knew by the title it was you, no one else has titles like that.

Fantastic build, I especially like the way the axles are supported on both sides of the tires. Oh what fun that thing would be to operate, I also wouldn't mind seeing the remote control setup. Well done. 

One thing comes to mind: Everything worth doing is worth overdoing :thumbup:

Interesting idea and great build!

Cool.  This might also be useful for LiPo batteries in runaway chemical reaction state. 

On 16-3-2018 at 1:28 PM, zweihander said:

Is there a real-life counterpart you based it on, or did you just build it to your own specs?

The design is VERY loosely based upon the common EOD robot's, and then I just improved wherever I could.
To be honest, I got a bit stuck... I wanted more functions, but aside from what I put on this robot, what can you add to it that's actually functional?

On 16-3-2018 at 6:44 PM, Berthil said:

Nice work! Curious how the remote control looks, 6 phones? :)

Haha, nope! It's actually quite manageable, I use my 8,4 inch tablet:wink:.

zFJdLuW.jpg